It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA astrobiologist claims ATS is spreading Comet ELENIN and 2012 HOAX

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This just means NASA and probably other groups like The CIA,FBI,NSA etc. are reading post on ATS.

Now we know NASA gets government money (not as much now lol) and we know the rest use government (tax payer) money so i guess we are paying them to come to this site. Right?

Well WTH i want to get paid to come here as well. That like the dream job

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, a little sanity is always refreshing.

I like the last sentence from the article:

Please try to learn the difference so you won’t get upset or worried over nothing.

I am sorry to most of you on this thread, but I do agree with the astrobiologist. Research and common sense seem to be very foreign ideas that waved by by long ago to a large amount of the membership here (not everybody, a large portion still remain very critical thinkers), not to mention the disturbing trend of people that seem to WANT the end of the world to happen.

edit on 10-5-2011 by ZombieJesus because: to remove i...literally, I had to remove the letter i from a word that did not need it

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
What I don't understand, is how all these "physicist and, anthropologist " can't understand history?! That being said, I wonder why they haven't broken down the language of the Sumerians into syntax, like LOGIC!! Hello, there is a reasoning behind a thought. Every language has a construct, like computers!! They told it to us in Mathematics. Do it yourself, every name and place is a number; to be explained by the constellations, or to be fundamental of them. Numbers equal power and, power comes from a domain. Everything they talk about revolves around space and, time. Are we that stupid? Nobody here can figure that math out and the originality behind it all? I can and, I can prove it. Thats how you know the government plays on us like a row of ducks. Embarrassing.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Has anyone stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, a NASA Astrobiologist actually knows what he's talking about? And that perhaps the ATS conspiracy theories about Elenin are actually (dare I say it)... gasp... WRONG??? Come on people this is ATS. The same place where almost every day yet another prediction thread goes bust. The likelihood that Elenin really is going to have zero impact on the Earth is extremely high. If what this guy is saying is true then he is doing the right thing in trying to dispel this myth before it scares more people.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Adyta

If instead you consult dependable websites like wikipedia and skyandtelescope you will find that Comet Elenin will come nowhere near the Earth.

Since when is Wikipedia considered a "dependable" site?

A study by the Journal Nature showed that Wikipedia is as accurate as the Encylopedia Brittanica across a wide range of subjects. In fact, the only time I see Wiki criticised is on ATS.

As an engineer by trade, I find that for scientific or other "factual" articles, Wiki is pretty damn reliable. Granted, pages about celebrities breeding habits might be wrong, but who gives a fudge?

Find me a scientific article on Wiki that is factually incorrect.

EDIT: As for the editting comment above. You can see who edited it and can challenge erroneous information, which is then reviewed and if found to be wrong, removed.
edit on 10/5/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

Wikkipedia is criticised all the time. People add garbage all the time. Anybody can edit and modify its content, in order to put their own slant on any subject. Sure you can challenge certain content, but not everybody does. Maybe because they know little about the subject in the first instance and are using this as a research resource.

Sorry I don't buy that at all.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Ok ATS.... Post YOUR FACE when NASA mentioned ATS!

Here was mine:

Mods, this is SO on topic, it is rediculous!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndiGo33
Both Comet Elenin and Asteroid Apophis are real, but these concerns about collisions are without foundation. Unfortunately there are a few popular websites that are known for suggesting multiple catastrophes, including popularizing the 2012 hoax. Two that show up in any search for “Comet Elenin” are godlikeproductions and abovetopsecret, both of which predict either a very close pass by Earth or a collision.

LINK: astrobiology.nasa.gov...

Funny to see ATS forum getting mentioned

Ugh, I hate NASA.

Astrobiologist? LMAO. So a guy who specializes in a theoretical science where the official view is that we don't know if there is life on other planets, can criticize people who dare talk about a NEO encounter with Earth. And he probably says there are no aliens, only bacteria and pond scum on other planets. Yeah right. The "astrobiologists" need to wake up to the fact that aliens exist and we're not the only people in the universe.

edit on 10-5-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I tend to agree with the astrobilogist on this one
Serously half of ATS talk about doom and gloom and talk to a guy called "God" im sorry but i dont really seem really reliable

Anyways , i remember a time when ATS was a nice place with smart peoples

(yeah i know my registering date is recent but i lost my password for my first ATS account)

I really hope NASA is REALLY right

If not, then ELE gonna end mankind (not sure if it would be a bad thing finaly
:lol

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus
Thanks for the link, a little sanity is always refreshing.

I like the last sentence from the article:

Please try to learn the difference so you won’t get upset or worried over nothing.

I am sorry to most of you on this thread, but I do agree with the astrobiologist. Research and common sense seem to be very foreign ideas that waved by by long ago to a large amount of the membership here (not everybody, a large portion still remain very critical thinkers), not to mention the disturbing trend of people that seem to WANT the end of the world to happen.

edit on 10-5-2011 by ZombieJesus because: to remove i...literally, I had to remove the letter i from a word that did not need it

Brother, brother, brother....That guy can say whatever he wants us to believe and are we supose to believe him just because is astrobiologist or works for NASA? They get payed to say every single word coming out of their mouth. REMEMBER, these are the same guys that say E.T.s don't exist.

Lawyers lie, doctors lie, presidents lie. Astrobiologist can do that to. In this case, this one made comments at the level of a cheap debunker, come on!....he says wikipedia is reliable.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Lawyers lie, doctors lie, presidents lie. Astrobiologist can do that to. In this case

And lots of attention seekers, paranoids, schizo, mystics, can do it on ATS as well

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Amazing NASA considers Wikipedia a reliable source yet I am not allowed to use it as a source for school!

Also who is the astrobiologist they are asking?

Another thing being compared with that other site is just

ATS is nothing like GLP!

I love NASA even though many hate them but I am bias for personal reasons, not all NASA people want to hide the truth as to what is really going on.

Interesting read and funny they blame ATS for the 2012 hype yet it's been around for YEARS long before ATS!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
Appears to me that this guy is just a tad too concerned about ATS influence. Now I wonder why?

His NASA bosses told him to do a question and answer about Elenin, because of all the attention. He obviously writes the questions about Elenin himself. Notice how there is no name or location of the asker. He is ASKING HIMSELF questions, LMAO.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

You are talking about The Law of One from the "Ra Material" if I'm correct?
edit on 10-5-2011 by IndiGo33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
Wikkipedia is criticised all the time. People add garbage all the time. Anybody can edit and modify its content, in order to put their own slant on any subject. Sure you can challenge certain content, but not everybody does. Maybe because they know little about the subject in the first instance and are using this as a research resource.

Sorry I don't buy that at all.

It is a damn site more accurate than most of the garbage sites people trot out here as evidence. Also, if you use common sense and check out the sources for the information in the article concerned, you can see if the information is accurate or not.

For the most part, when it comes to Historical or scientific articles, Wiki is pretty damned accurate. Like I said, find me an article that isn't and not one about a pointless topic such as which celebrity is boffing which, a proper article about something sciency.

Like everything on the internet, don't just believe what you read. I stand by by assertion that Wiki is a damned site more accurate than most other sites trotted out by the whackjobs that infest this site now and the journal Nature agrees with this assessment.

You know Nature, that peer-reviewed Science journal? I'll take their word and opinion over yours any day of the week.

But, as is the norm on ATS, Alex Jones and alien-channeling prophets are given more weight than an online encyclopedia which is about as good as an encylopedia can get.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Conciliatore

Looks like you got offended by my comments and now you trying to fire back. It wasn't my intentions but there is nothing wrong in my words, if you felt pain, get some icy hot.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conciliatore

Lawyers lie, doctors lie, presidents lie. Astrobiologist can do that to. In this case

And lots of attention seekers, paranoids, schizo, mystics, can do it on ATS as well

Are you here just to troll or are you one of those people that will believe in conspiracies but not anything to do with NASA? (the moon landing hoax, for example...go check out that thread and the jihad being waged against anyone who dare question NASA).

NASA lies their asses off. If they were Pinocchio, they could use their own noses as a space elevator to the Moon (so they could finally land on it for the first time).
edit on 10-5-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Ok, I just asked my 16 years old son why he doesn't want to use wikipedia for his homework. He said theachers recommend not to use it since it's not a reliable source.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

no no, dont worry not offended at all, im just adding some objectivity here, just to remind how peoples can spew lots of BS , browsing ATs and posting here dont mean you're a saint

Im used to read idiots constantly believing any sorty of BS because "omg ATs say the truth"

edit on 10-5-2011 by Conciliatore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

Are you here just to troll or are you one of those people that will believe in conspiracies but not anything to do with NASA? (the moon landing hoax, for example...go check out that thread and the jihad being waged against anyone who dare question NASA).

I believe in something called OBJECTIVITY

i dont believe blindly all the crap i can read on ATS

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by stumason

Ok, I just asked my 16 years old son why he doesn't want to use wikipedia for his homework. He said theachers recommend not to use it since it's not a reliable source.

Well, that settles it then. Your 16 year old son is obviously the font of all knowledge!

But seriously, if your son (or anyone) just blindly prints of pages and hands them in as homework, then that's bad. However, if your sone (or anyone) does their own research and writes their own work, then Wiki is just as good as anything else.

What you and alot of people seem to be missing is that factual Wiki articles are sourced and list their sources, you can check them for your self.

So, the irony is that these "teachers" would reject a paper sourced from Wiki, but would happily accept a paper based upon the sources the Wiki article is written from. Goes to show just how good these "teachers" are, really.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join