It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA astrobiologist claims ATS is spreading Comet ELENIN and 2012 HOAX

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
NASA pic or it IS happining

We still love you though, some of you.
edit on 5/10/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

But honestly, it is only a hoax isn't it?

Afcourse is hoax ..seriously you dont believe that ever damn scientist on the earth in this field will hiding the truth

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IndiGo33

What exactly is your 2012 hoax? The year 2012 will come. There is no hoax about it. If you are referring to the apocalypse, or the earth ending, or aliens coming, or an enlightening, or another major change of some sort, than you are again mistaken. These things cannot be proven or unproven until 2013. So therefore cannot be considered a hoax. It is more of a belief.

There are a lot of members of ATS, but the belief does not come from here. This is just where people feel comfortable pressing the issue. The Mayans wrote what they did and developed their calendar a long time ago. But whether you are Muslim, Christian, Native American or many other religions, all describe an ending somewhere and are very close in description. Many leaders in these popular religions tell us that we are now in these end times.

Since there are more religious people than non religious people, those who actually believe that the "end times" (or whatever you want to call it) is upon us really outnumbers those who don't believe it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
NASA's been drinking the haterade.

Also, wikipedia is not considered an academically viable source, Mr. Astrobiologist. As a fellow academic, you should know this already.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hmmmm , I have been thinking about starting a thread called , " ATS user claims NASA astrobiologist is an ass " .

One thing ATS could always do is rename it's self to AllgodschildrenTogetherweStand.com Now what public official would ever target a site with a name like that ?

edit on 10-5-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Lol, of course I know it's a hoax, simply because I know every scientist in the world (although maybe not all) would not allow their masters, er I mean funding bodies to hide something like this from us. Even if they are guaranteed a nice safe haven in one of those underground bunkers.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Not all are, there is one astronomer (whose name I can't remember) who is an advocate of the whole Wormwood/Nibiru/Planet X/Nemesis planet thing. His rationale behind his belief is that every 26 million years or so, there seems to be a mass extinction on Earth. He thinks these methodical extinctions are caused by a star which is the binary companion of our Sun, and when it passes through the Oort cloud, it disrupts all of the space debris and sends thousands of asteroids, meteoroids, meteors, whatever you want to call them, hurling through space towards our solar system. However there are no known binary star systems whose period of rotation is anywhere near the proposed orbit of "Nemesis", so it's a pretty sketchy theory. But the pattern of extinction leads me to believe something in the universe is causing this.

On December 21, 2012 this year, from our point of view the Sun will line up with the galactic center, and most of the planets in our solar system will also line up. Nobody knows for sure what will happened, but I've heard that our satellites will be disrupted. A possibility that I thought up is that a gamma ray burst could occur in the supermassive black hole in the center of our galaxy, and since the sun as well as most of the planets are lined up, it could destroy most if not all life on Earth. But that would have to be a 1 in a million shot, a massive star would have to be sucked up at just the right moment, and the gamma ray burst would have to line up exactly with the Sun.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
"I believe that the conjuction with Jupiter, Earth, and “Elenin” yesterday triggered the earthquakes in New Zealand and the others. I believe there were 4, 5+. See NGSG. Where are you going? As far as I am concerned, after rewinding the NASA online tool from the JEt Propulsion Lab, the time to “take to the hills and underground is: "

unquote

Is this a valid source for info ? --->NASA online tool from the JEt Propulsion Lab.

Don't really know if it would be considered a valid source for understanding the way of thinking for those "in the know"
The above quote/comment was live,, on 2/23/2011 About 4:15 PM EST.

Any guess's?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Lol, of course I know it's a hoax, simply because I know every scientist in the world (although maybe not all) would not allow their masters, er I mean funding bodies to hide something like this from us. Even if they are guaranteed a nice safe haven in one of those underground bunkers.

Consider only special telescopes of high cost can see it clearly and defined, now amatures globally cannot till close enough.

Be well
edit on 5/10/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It just seems like NASA is trying to discredit ATS because it is gaining more momentum each and everyday.

Don't they know you can't stop the truth. People these days are just giving up on mainstream media because they have lied to our faces to many times before and people have had enough. Alternative media is becoming the source for answers that the mainstream just won't give us.

Long Live ATS!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Keep it up guys soon we'll be on the NEWS

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
So why don't we discredit them, GLP has a telescope and we have the brain power

##*# them

We are a huge community with milions of Answers to one question with just precision. So we are a supercomputer, and want to know the truth. But I am not that into 2012 shizzle.
Peace

edit on 10/5/11 by sevensheeps because: It's not a word they are HAshtags
edit on 10/5/11 by sevensheeps because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Appears to me that this guy is just a tad too concerned about ATS influence. Now I wonder why?

link   
Lol, wikipedia better than ATS....buaaahahahahahaaaa!!!.....lol we suck then...hahaaaa!

If instead you consult dependable websites like wikipedia and skyandtelescope you will find that Comet Elenin will come nowhere near the Earth.

For those guys in NASA....just read my signature :
edit on 10-5-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

link   
Supreme Court Case: ATS vs NASA

link   

No....there are many scientists that come out and give the truth, but then they are slammed and discredited. No one wants to be held responsible for their words anymore. So we use words that are not binding in any way. Escape Clause words. "Possibly" "May" "Should" "Chances are...". Scientists don't know very much anyway. Not saying that they don't know anything, but it is impossible to know everything there is to know about any subject. This is because everything changes. We are still in the infancy stage of our knowledge base.

It was common knowledge just a few years ago that a full grown adult should drink 8 glasses of water per day. Last year that changed. Years of saying the same thing and then people found out that over-hydration is more dangerous than dehydration and that people don't actually need that much water. That it all depends on many variables.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
wikipedia and dependable :-)

It can be altered by anyone who has acces to the internet.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

If instead you consult dependable websites like wikipedia and skyandtelescope you will find that Comet Elenin will come nowhere near the Earth.

Since when is Wikipedia considered a "dependable" site?

A study by the Journal Nature showed that Wikipedia is as accurate as the Encylopedia Brittanica across a wide range of subjects. In fact, the only time I see Wiki criticised is on ATS.

As an engineer by trade, I find that for scientific or other "factual" articles, Wiki is pretty damn reliable. Granted, pages about celebrities breeding habits might be wrong, but who gives a fudge?

Find me a scientific article on Wiki that is factually incorrect.

EDIT: As for the editting comment above. You can see who edited it and can challenge erroneous information, which is then reviewed and if found to be wrong, removed.
edit on 10/5/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Alternative Media Rankings:

Alternative News 7-day change according to Alexa; listed in order of overall ranking:

Drudge Report -- Rank: 324 Change:109
Infowars -- Rank: 1,238 Change:126
Prison Planet -- Rank: 2,456 Change: 2,377
Rense -- Rank: 5,021 Change: down 187 (increase month-over-month 138; yesterday 411)
David Icke -- Rank: 4,767 Change: 1,313
Lew Rockwell -- Rank: 4,883 Change: 1,570
Global Research -- Rank: 7,316 Change:7,736
What Really Happened -- Rank: 4,012 Change: 12,426 Special hat tip to Mike Rivero who suffered a hack that effectively shut down his site just as the announcement came in. He bounced back stronger than ever with the highest increase that we could find.
Activist Post -- Rank: 14,607 Change: 6,417
The Intel Hub -- Rank: 35,935 Change: 903
Reality Zone -- Rank: 81,872 Change: 14,104

* We realize that there are many great sites and blogs, news aggregators such as Before It's News, Rumormill News, Blacklisted News, Stan Deyo and Steve Quayle, and YouTubers like Charlie McGrath from Wide Awake News and James Corbett from The Corbett Report that we omitted, due principally to the lack of available 7-day data. We also chose to focus on those sites with original commentary that covered the bin Laden debacle in depth, as opposed to the many great cross-over sites from the health field such as Natural News and Food Freedom that have supported many other areas of alternative news. Nearly all hardworking alternative media has increased across the board.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
You wanna become as powerful as the hidden hands of power if not more powerful? I'll give you a hint. The hidden hands of power rarely argue debate and infight as much as us mortals do. The Law of Singularity. And there is more to it than what your physics books say. What does this have to do with this topic??? EVERYTHING

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join