It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Mods The Mods?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

As a former member of the staff I can tell you things don't always pan out in favor of the staff member.

On another note, if the mod is participating in the thread he/she is more than welcome to do so. There is nothing preventing mods from sharing their opinions and one of the most annoying things I had to put up with when I was a mod is every other whiny(not directed at you, you may have legitimate concern, I don't know) person who couldn't deal with a mod having an opinion that didn't jive with their beliefs.

If that's the case, tough. Mods are people too, and are members first and foremost. HOWEVER, if you think there is legitimate abuse please do report it and BE RESPECTFUL. Anything less than respectful will get you no where.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I respect that ,it comes sincere.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I mod all.

I am Brian Taylor.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by briantaylor
I mod all.

I am Brian Taylor.

All hail Brain Taylor!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I had a mod remove a post in a thread I am very involved in. At the time I was very angry about it and then I sat down and thought about it for a few. I was not any less irritated, but I was much more understanding about it. Technically, I had deserved to have the post removed. I knew it, and I didn't complain about it.

Next time I had a post removed, as soon as I posted it and a couple of others, I tried to go back and delete because I knew it was off topic and deserved to be removed. A mod beat me to it and took it down, but I sent a quick pm apologizing for going off topic and then I beat the mod to my other off topic posts and took them down myself. The mod was VERY understanding and appreciative that I took action on myself.

Bottom line is, it is best to be well and truly versed in the T&C and understand that while mistakes do happen on both our parts and on the parts of the mods, usually they are very right for removing posts, whether we like it or not. When they make a mistake, if you just alert on it, it is reviewed and if it is then determined to be a mistake, the problem will be corrected.

These mods are volunteers who give of their time out of their love for this forum and yes, for US. I appreciate all they do and hope that those who have posts removed do some introspection about said posts.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
These mods are volunteers who give of their time out of their love for this forum and yes, for US. I appreciate all they do and hope that those who have posts removed do some introspection about said posts.

Personally...I hope more people read the above post and take it to heart. I am just a guy who loves this website and ...yes...I have and will go out of my way to help someone understand why an action was taken or other various questions.

That said...there was a poster who said that sometimes, u2uing the Mod will quickly help alleviate an issue as more specific information/communication can occur from there.

We are always open and never not willing to communicate. If a Mod doesn't respond immediately, then perhaps real life is in the way and either another member of Staff should be contacted or an alert/complaint be filed so that you can be sure that Staff sees the issue.

That said...I will repeat...once names get mentioned in public there is a high probability that this thread will be closed.

Please keep it civil.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Asked and answered...

Anyone who has a complaint, suggestion or an inquiry into a specific action can utilize the ATS Complaints/Suggestions Form or click on "TOOLS" and select "complaint."

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join