It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Mods The Mods?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If we suspect that a certain mod may have an agenda in a certain thread, to whom do we address such concerns?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I would advise you to post a thread to the alert/complaint feature with your concerns so that all of Staff may review the concern.

That is the best route as we do not discuss the viability of other members (including Staff) in the public foras.

This thread will be kept open as long as the replies are civil and does not specify other members...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
We all do... We outnumber them 1,000 to 1.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Basically we police ourselves(everything is logged), for the lack of a better term. No member is above the T&C, that includes Admin. In my time here we have had to get rid of one for abuse. The community comes first. I know this is a conspiracy site and some have it against the Man, that being us in this case but it's true. We don't allow "rogues" on ATS.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
If we suspect that a certain mod may have an agenda in a certain thread, to whom do we address such concerns?

Obviously making your claims available to the public is what this site is all about, but there is also the avenue of directing your claim to multiple mods and obviously the site owners.

If that fails there is also a group that i fail to recall as they are no such agency but i am sure the moderators are more than capable of handling the current work flow on multiple levels.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I sent the mod in question a polite U2U addressing my concern and asking her(an assumption based on screen name) to recuse herself ans allow another mod to review the posts. Unfortunately I cannot address the issue post by post do to the deletions. I do not retain copies of my posts "just in case", as I have never had so many posts modded in one thread before. I believe in a free flow of information, and am not a fan of political correctness. I believe political correctness is one of the huge road blocks preventing us from even discussing, much less addressing the major issues of out times. Perhaps instead of outright deletion of posts, a mod with concerns could contact the poster and express his/her concerns and maybe a compromise could be reached? Unless it is just an outright hostile attack from one poster to another. I do not believe that such was the case in any of the affected posts, the closest to an "attack" would be where I accused the poster to whom I was responding of having his head in the sand.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You can mod the mod, by not coming to this website. If you are not happy you can simply leave, if everyone was unhappy then we would all leave, and there would be no website to mod. Thats how everyone Mods the Mods.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
I sent the mod in question a polite U2U addressing my concern and asking her(an assumption based on screen name) to recuse herself ans allow another mod to review the posts. Unfortunately I cannot address the issue post by post do to the deletions. I do not retain copies of my posts "just in case", as I have never had so many posts modded in one thread before. I believe in a free flow of information, and am not a fan of political correctness. I believe political correctness is one of the huge road blocks preventing us from even discussing, much less addressing the major issues of out times. Perhaps instead of outright deletion of posts, a mod with concerns could contact the poster and express his/her concerns and maybe a compromise could be reached? Unless it is just an outright hostile attack from one poster to another. I do not believe that such was the case in any of the affected posts, the closest to an "attack" would be where I accused the poster to whom I was responding of having his head in the sand.

Ah, but all actions the mods make are logged, and removed posts retained for their review, submit a complaint here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And all of the staff will see it, and can review ALL of it.

Try it, you'll be surprised.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

That's a good question OP. Many of us are curious about that. Illuminati infiltrates everything and anything that has potential.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I think modding of the mods is done very well on ATS, all the mods are different but they all share a common great quality and live up to the ATS "best staff on the internet" slogan IMO 100%

Basically, I think the mods here are great, and everything is transparent and open with each mods moderator actions recorded and open to scrutiny from other mods, and of course every post open to scrutiny by the members, which on a conspiracy forum is a hell of a lot of scrutiny

I'm not too keen on the admin though to be totally honest lol, well, not right now anyway

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I would advise you to post a thread to the alert/complaint feature with your concerns so that all of Staff may review the concern.

That is the best route as we do not discuss the viability of other members (including Staff) in the public foras.

This thread will be kept open as long as the replies are civil and does not specify other members...

I've done this once and the issue was resolved pretty fast still not much need since 99% of the time a simple pm to the original mod will clear things up.
I don't like all of the rules but I do try and follow them and the mods here do a great job at keeping the forums clean.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
i think the mods are the bestest in the world, i love all of them,this is the ats,and we must follow the rules.
you can wipe your nose now

yea immortal, wth is that on your nose is that !

Edited for safety and repercussions and revengful reasons.

edit on 10-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: Edited for safety and repercussions and revengful reasons.

edit on 10-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
As has been said...but a repeat for those who missed it or may not understand...

ALL actions taken by staff are seen by ALL staff. There is record of every action taken. MODs are held accountable for their actions. The best way to file a complaint against a staff action is to take it up with staff by using the Complaint Form located on the blue menu bar under TOOLS.

Staff is ALWAYS willing to work with a member.
edit on May 10th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Every single post removal and warning i have had has been at the hands of just 1 mod (who often disagrees with me in threads).

There should be a report button feature when you receive a warning or deletion so that the mod can have an eye kept on them as well to prevent abuse.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
Every single post removal and warning i have had has been at the hands of just 1 mod (who often disagrees with me in threads).

There should be a report button feature when you receive a warning or deletion so that the mod can have an eye kept on them as well to prevent abuse.

Again

If one has an issue with staff, ATS, actions, technical issues, etc use the COMPLAINT FORM to get the attention of the entire staff.

There is 100% transparency with staff. Again, every action is logged and there will always be a record of every action and communication between staff and member.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
We should start naming names...

Would be funny to find out if it is all the same mod!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
We answer to the "Mod God", he speaks to us from time to time, but we don't know who he is...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Again

If one has an issue with staff, ATS, actions, technical issues, etc use the COMPLAINT FORM to get the attention of the entire staff.

There is 100% transparency with staff. Again, every action is logged and there will always be a record of every action and communication between staff and member.

Since the complaints never get answered ,can we just send a pm to skeptic or some of the higher ups?

I know you all probaly think ,'So what if we lose one member out of 200,000 members.For some of us ,its not bussiness,we think its gotten really personel for what ever the reason maybe. thats all.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

okay, now all at once now, lets name the perpetrator.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

okay, now all at once now, lets name the perpetrator.

ok ill go first,what about you,lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join