It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Targets of Terrorism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The chaos that is the NYC subway system at rush hour is my bet. Tons of people coming on the train with boxes, backpacks, shopping carts full of stuff, etc. What are we going to do, do a stop-and-search on each one--I'm so paranoid going on the train that I'd actually go for that, it would be the only sure-fire way to prevent something. But everybody is so hot-up to get where they have to go on time that they'd never go for the delay. Heck, when we have to stop for a sick passenger or a dead body on the tracks (has happened), people bitch-and-moan because they're not going to get home in time for their Friends reruns.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
from a security/threat assessment standpoint, i feel there are two major areas to strike in which have yet to be mentioned. in my personal/professional opinion, conversation with specifics only provides ideas for the enemy.

let's look at if the government were to address the nation with the targets most likely at risk. being as it is known, any militant group would either wait until the security has been lowered or focus on additional targets not likely to be admitted to be on such high alert.

in all seriousness, each and every person, corporation and entity needs to have in place preventive security measures and a disaster recovery plan in the event a situation occurs.

[edit on 2-8-2004 by dribbler]

[edit on 2-8-2004 by dribbler]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Think alpha-numerically people... How many water reservoirs feed your country? How well guarded are they? How many people do you think that would affect? Even if everyone was not made ill, the rest of the country would be left looking after the ill ones... That'd really bring things to a halt...

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
you know this sounds like a brainstorming session of writers in Hollywood. If someone was trying to come up with the most Dramatic/terrifying event this might be a great place to come. I DON'T want to stiffle the topic, but it is something to think about.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
My thoughts.......(no peticular order)

1.New York Subway

2.Biological (airborne) on west coast (air travels west to east)

3.Any major Airport

4.Disney World or Land

5.Mall of America

6.Presidential Campaign

7.Oylmpic games

8.Sports Stadium

9.NORAD (hopefully not, i live close to it)

10.Marti Gras

In my opinion, I dont think the "terrorists" would likely stirke first at government buildings, it's just too obvious, I think once the focus was somewhere else they would strike major buisnesses and government facilities.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
i've got reasons to believe that it will happen somewhere on the 7th Avenue on aug 4 2004.
And i also believe that it will be on a buisnesses facilitie as foxtrot_uniform mentioned.
But what kind of buisnesses are there to find of great importants?
Who can tell?
[edit on 3-8-2004 by Hiawatha]

Well I Guess I Was Wrong.
Nothing happend.
but i still believe it should happen somewhere at the 7th Avenue NY

[edit on 5-8-2004 by Hiawatha]

[edit on 5-8-2004 by Hiawatha]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>