It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illuminati & Discordianism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

That is some really nifty shaped metal right there! I wish I had some colored paper to give so I could get the shaped metal, unfortunatly I am insane and don't comprehend the transaction required.

As for real, well that is a four letter word. And so is four and word while we are at it.

Lastly, since everyone is airing their mottos, mine:

Have fun?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BanMePlz

I would suggest that the things you think you can observe, and measure, aren't 'really' real.

The keyboard you type upon is not solid. In fact it is much more free space than solid matter, and it only exists because energy was arranged so that you could see and feel it.

I think the ideas of Discordians are real. Chaos is real. Order is real. Hot dog buns are real, yet forbidden.

If you only believe in the observable, then your earth is flat and only about 22 miles in diameter because that's all you can observe. How do you explain, then, what happens when you travel beyond your line of sight to the horizon and find out there is more there?

Was it always there and you just can't observe it?

Or... did you create it?

Nothing is real, and everything is not-real.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Illumitards grant wishes on the tertiary boundary, approaching on great circles. And no, I ain't no fortunate one, no.

I have ordered many a hotdog bun but never, ever chaosed one. I never did go to a drive through that said "Place your chaos here." Not a one, never. However, it may exist if one walks far enough, uphill both ways in a snowstorm, wearing a Spandex suit.

Imagination is eminently more attainable than knowledge.

-Non
edit on 13-5-2011 by TrypToNonymous because: For the usual reason

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Or as it says on my Masonic ring, "Watch, listen, and keep your mouth shut."

Isn't that 'artist' profiting from being a Freemason? As well as profiting from Freemasons? Is that allowed? And, doesn't Freemasonry teach that gold's only value is metaphorical, don't you find that the 'bling' contradicts that, should you be advertising that you're 'good men'?

I really like the skull and bones ring though, in silver, very nice work. A little bit out of my price range though
just a bit.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

there is a band called preperation H and they rip # up! the list of bands playing the festival is amazing and i know there are more bands out there with names from that show.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadPenny
Isn't that 'artist' profiting from being a Freemason? As well as profiting from Freemasons? Is that allowed?

There's no real rule against profiting from being a Freemason, only against that being your main or only reason for doing so.

And, doesn't Freemasonry teach that gold's only value is metaphorical

No. The "master's wages" spoken of in the ritual are metaphorical, but that does not extend to every application and expenditure of currency.

should you be advertising that you're 'good men'?

I don't see what's wrong with it.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheLevel213
No. The "master's wages" spoken of in the ritual are metaphorical, but that does not extend to every application and expenditure of currency.
Indeed, man cannot live on corn, wine and oil alone. In fact, as Network Dude will attest, a lot of us don't even get the wine...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadPenny
Isn't that 'artist' profiting from being a Freemason? As well as profiting from Freemasons? Is that allowed?
He's earning an honest living and not cheating a brother Mason out of the value of anything, so I think he's perfectly within his rights to create what he wants to create and sell it to whomever is willing to pay his prices.

Don't you find that the 'bling' contradicts that, should you be advertising that you're 'good men'?
I wear my ring with the compasses open toward me. They are not so much an advertisement to anyone else, as a constant reminder to myself when I look down and see it. In fact, in the 4 or 5 years I've worn that particular ring, I think I've only had 3 or 4 people ever notice it or comment on it.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Indeed, man cannot live on corn, wine and oil alone. In fact, as Network Dude will attest, a lot of us don't even get the wine...

I hear down where y'all are your wages are in corn, oil, and sweet tea..

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Much love for the discordian propagandhi this morning. I didn't learn a thing, but it was a fun trip down a side tunnel regardless.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
What's with all this internet arguing? Don't you know that the answers to your questions can be found after a quick consultation session with your pineal gland?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Auguste133

My penial is bigger than yours!

(Sorry I have penial envy)

Officer, officer! That man touched my penial!!

A penial for your thoughts?

I better stop, or they will be sending me to a penial colony! (sigh)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Glad your Emperoressness joined this thread.
And thanks you OP for starting it.
As Emperor pointed out, R.A.W. & Shea threw everything including the kitchen sink and Dillinger's "member" into the wonderful piece of fiction quoted in the OP (thanks for the comics - have to look into that), but R.A.W.'s nonfiction is well worth the read.
In the "Cosmic Trigger" trilogy, I've always been fascinated with the "information explosion/hyperbolic curve of knowledge" that seems to correspond with McKenna's timewave zero (yeah, i know they were buddies), 2012, etc.
Funny thing, these multiverses.
All Hail Eris, except on Saturdays, when I just go play golf. She doesn't seem to mind.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Thanks for the thread, ChaoticOrder.
"All phenomena are real in some sense,
unreal in some sense,
meaningless in some sense,
real and meaningless in some sense,
unreal and meaningless in some sense,
and real and unreal and meaningless in some sense."
Robert Anton Wilson

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ISeeTheFnords

The original poster of this thread is in fact a former member of Stereolab so I really can see what you and R.A.W. are driving at.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

yes, it is indeed difficult to catch a buzz off of the emblematic nourishment of emblematic wine.
for now, sweet tea.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TrypToNonymous

Please enlighten me on Stereolab, I'm unfamiliar.
As far as the op goes - seems she(he?) read the R.A.W. -Shea book and took it seriously.
As you can tell by my ATS name, I've read it too (1st time around 20+ years ago), and am still a fan.
Although my tinfoil hat has been hanging in the closet for some time now.
Glad to see I'm not the last post after a week, though.
Please, share your thoughts on the stereolab thing...I'm interested,

" Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." ~James Thurber

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Thanks for exposing me to Jorge Borges.
Not seen before this.
Will read more.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TrypToNonymous

OK, read a few of your posts, and after googleing "profnordotics", you're the ONLY hit on google.
Don't want to derail, or "input negative" to this thread, but I'm really interested in how you think.
And, while at times (future"?) we may agree to disagree, please don't take anything I post as "hostile"
Thanks, D.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ISeeTheFnords

Please enlighten me on Stereolab, I'm unfamiliar.

Unless there is a Stereolab with which I am unfamiliar they are a kick-a** band from 1990 to present that featured dual female singers sometimes singing in French until one of them died in 2002. Walking the border between lounge, pop, and post-rock drone their music had a large keyboard/synth driven element to it.

The Discordian connection is interesting and makes sense as, for a time, their albums went back and forth between listenable pretty order and more challenging experimental chaos. Lately they seem to have settled into a steady pop groove with the experimental stuff remaining part of their past. Well worth checking out and plenty to listen to with a catalog of about 18 LP's and the same number of EP's. I find their earlier stuff prior to 2002 to be more enjoyable than their more recent releases.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join