It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illuminati & Discordianism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The so-called "modern" Illuminati hold on to this belief that they somehow either created modern Freemasonry or twisted it to suit their purposes. They also consider it a failed experiment.

There is evidence to suggest that many of the charter members of the Bavarian Illuminati were also Freemasons. In fact a lot of secret societies are started by Freemasons because they are all already familiar with the techniques of private meetings, symbolic knowledge and initiation ceremonies.

The problem becomes (and this is why Freemasonry has succeeded in it's modern incarnation for 300 years and others have failed) that you cannot teach equality, liberty and brotherhood and then seek an agenda.

Along the path of enlightenment one learns some very POWERFUL concepts. When a person tries to manipulate these concepts to control others, or to pursue an agenda to place themselves in a position of power then they are doomed to fail.

I know that less than half of the members here will believe this, but the reason Freemasonry is so successful is that it is AGENDA-less... at least as far as the world outside the lodge. Sure, we've sparked a few revolutions here and there.. but it wasn't FREEMASONRY, it was revolutionaries who happen to be freemasons.

I can understand why people would be suspicious. An organization with tens of thousands of buildings in every hill and dale in America; private meetings; charity events offered without an agenda/recruitment/literature; etc.

The Illuminati had intimate knowledge of what makes people 'tick'. When they turned that knowledge into an agenda they were doomed to fail.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Aha! Then my paranoia was correct, a thread designed to intice my participation.

Now, did I "fall for it" or, since I knew, did I "fall on it"?

Either way, I have chimed. It is five past five, and all is well.

Now, on to the thread topic. So the fnord pushers do not push my post to the depths of nothingness. When I found this wonderful thing known as Discordianism, I couldn't believe it. Which, as it turns out, is exactly what they predicted I would do!

I could not quench my thirst for reading. "The Illumnatus Trillogy", "Schrodingers Cat" (I think that is the other book, titles are for women.) Of course, it didn't stop there. Our lives are littered with the Discordian message, watch TV? You see discordian messages, hidden as well as the lighted version(s). I have thought about making a thread on it, but then I would be not Discordian! The whole fun in the game, is trying to figure out the rules

I must "read the thread" now. Since I only read the OPost, I figured I better say nothing quick. Now I can worry about substance, though I promise not to abuse it.

Oh yeah, Hale Iris...Haile Eyeress...Hail Eris

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
  • It's probably far weirder than you could ever imagine.

• It depends very much upon the imagination, some ignore the banal and the mundane, forgetting that gold must be extracted before it shines.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
    link   
    reply to post by adigregorio

You see discordian messages, hidden as well as the lighted version(s). I have thought about making a thread on it, but then I would be not Discordian! The whole fun in the game, is trying to figure out the rules
    I know what you mean, but I really felt I needed to spread the message a little and make it a bit easier for people to understand. I'm only 75.23% Discordian after all. But does not believing everything I read only make me more Discordian. Perhaps.

I must "read the thread" now. Since I only read the OPost, I figured I better say nothing quick. Now I can worry about substance, though I promise not to abuse it.
    Well this thread has managed to answer some questions I posed, but I was expecting more of a reaction from people. I guess they will have to figure it out themselves whether I lay it out like this or not.

edit on 11-5-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
    link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
    reply to post by BanMePlz

Yeah right, you worship some stupid idiotic nonsense
    Yes, we do.

I know you do. And its getting old, when are you losers gonna get a life and wake up to reality?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:14 AM
    link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
    If you said "The Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of New Jersey is a baby eater!" then we'd at least have a starting place. The Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of New Jersey is, in fact, a person.

And he actually has a sense of humor too, he asked for his baby well done when he came to our lodge last week for gold token night. Silly Grand Master, everyone knows it should be served medium rare.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:19 AM
    link   
    I have an announcement, I have read the thread! We laughed, we cried, we loved, we died, but in the end we lied.

I see now this thread purpose, and I know why it has come to being.

1. I have sensative eyes.

Why does this matter? Well this means that if things are lit up, or illuminated, it makes my eyes water. Does this mean I shed tears for the Illumanti? Nope, I can't even spell their name properly! Now, if they were onions, I could both spell thier name, AND, they would make me tear up.

As for knowing anything more about them, not really. What do I care about supposed stuffy pants? They don't want to hear what I have to say anyway, too many rhymes...um...all the times.

2. RAW Knows magic

When you read his book(s) you are going to think there is truth to them. When this happens, just remember you are not to believe anything you read. Once you realize that, you realize that a book is just a liar. And, well, RAW makes large books (or) big fat liars.

Now, on to an interesting poster:

Originally posted by BanMePlz
    (1)Im not surprised to see that some idiotic cult who worship a what? "Goddess of confusion?" (2)LOL are confused idiots... (3)Secret societies arent any better, they are all like this, based on idiotic beliefs with no logical or scientific backing. Its laughable..

(Numerolgy added)

1) Are you surprised to see that the idiotic cult is only idiotic when they choose to be? Or perhaps it is when they choose not to be. Either way, why do you find mental illness funny? I laugh because of the faces they make, but idiots don't make faces. They do make feces, do you think my feces is funny?

2) Ahh, see I think you are looking in a mirror. I do that too, sometimes, actually quite a bit. But no, I am not confused, I know exactly what I want to know and don't know more than that.

3) WOW! Can I shake your hand? You are a member of a secret society, I mean you must be knowing that they are no better than my un-secret version. Oh, and I have plenty of logical backing for my beliefs. If I didn't have them, I would be more like you!

Now, if you will excuse me, I have an excuse to be excused.
    edit on 5/11/2011 by adigregorio because: Spelling, some words are finger error, which is what the er stands for after fing.

edit on 5/11/2011 by adigregorio because: Having to Fix my edit reason from before, how Disordian

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:19 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Upthepunx

i finished the illumanits! triliogy over the winter. amazing book. the list of bands that play the iglosant festival is one to lol over. oddly enough alot of those band names are real punk bands now-a-days. its obivious that discordians have inflitrated the punk movment

Punk Rawk!

You are correct, Robert Anton Wilson recorded a punk rock album (The Chocolate Biscuit Conspiracy) with a band called Golden Horde in the eighties ...enjoy!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
    link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
    reply to post by BanMePlz

Yeah right, you worship some stupid idiotic nonsense
    Yes, we do.

I know you do. And its getting old, when are you losers gonna get a life and wake up to reality?

That is a good question, to be answered with a question...whose reality? Yours? I think I prefer a reality tunnel that is full of laughs and love, but thanks for the offer!

Reality is a subjective, what you or I believe to be real isn't real. It exists only as a fragile "reality tunnel", a figment of our imagination that colors our perception of reality. What the thinker thinks, the prover proves.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
    link   
    reply to post by no1smootha

Reality is not subjective, it is an observable phenomenon.

I guess that how they baited you though isnt it? By telling you the same nonsense you are regurgitating to me? I dont buy it sorry, now go pay your dues..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
    link   

One should not make things easier, it takes away from the fun. Of course, if I believed that I would not tell you, because it would make things easier, which as we all know takes away from the fun.

How do I teach Discordianism?

I went into a Carls Jr (aka Hardees, aka hamburger joint) the other day. I was not particularly hungry, I just had an itch to make someone confused. So, I got in the line; it was a small line, only two others before me. As I got to the counter, the thought entered my mind. "What if this doesn't work, what if they don't say the right thing?" Then I remembered, they are going to be programmed! They have no choice, not that I did either. My programming would dictate what I would say as well. Barely able to hold my excitement, I stepped up, it was my turn!

"May I take your order?" the attendant smiled

"Nope, I don't have any left." was my reply. This was follwed by me doing an about face, and heading back out the doors. I never look back, but I imagine they are confused. I wouldn't be, and that is a good sign that everyone else would!

In the end, I had SubWay.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:48 AM
    link   

Well that's a little bit of the OMF methodology. I desired something more suited for ATS, something to get the hotdog buns flowing. Besides, the fnord is only visible to the monkey who has nipples.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:53 AM
    link   

reply to post by no1smootha

I guess that how they baited you though isnt it? By telling you the same nonsense you are regurgitating to me? I dont buy it sorry, now go pay your dues..

The only reality that we can consent to be "real", is that which can be measured...which is material reality but at the quantum level even this can't be measured. The reality that you propose is reality is in fact ideology, abstract thought processes received through socialization, and thus is not observable phenomenon.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
    link   

Something suited for ATS...

Spades! All The Spades, or is it And The Spades? Oh I see the problem, it could be Against Two Suits, or even Anything That Shines. The latter indicates a preference for Diamonds, and there isn't even a D in their initials.

Honestly, there isn't really a way to "preach". Considering I am not even a Discordian, at the same time as I am one. To me, and most importantly "the right way", it is just a method of thought. A way to exist. And, since I am not real, it wouldn't be helpful of me to reccomend it.

We should all take the fellow who wants to be banned position. This is a worthless discussion, of course we can continue to have it, but it is still worthless.

--EDIT
    Above The Sheets?
    (Ha! It made me laugh!)
    edit on 5/11/2011 by adigregorio because: Obvious edit is obvious.

edit on 5/11/2011 by adigregorio because: I am not telling.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:09 PM
    link   

To me, and most importantly "the right way", it is just a method of thought.
    Perhaps there is no right way at all. Or maybe every way is the right way.

EDIT: Or maybe left and right are actually the same way!

We should all take the fellow who wants to be banned position.
    Indeed, the "I need to wake up" position. We all need to wake up.

edit on 11-5-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:22 PM
    link   

Originally posted by emsed1
    I follow the three commandments: Keep my head down, talk about the weather and keep my eyes open!
    Or as it says on my Masonic ring, "Watch, listen, and keep your mouth shut."

Great post though. Much more truth beneath the humor of the Principia than many realize.
    For those who might not know, another great discordian text is Kehlog Albran’s “The Profit”...
    On Art

Then an eccentric looking man said,
    Speak to us of Art.
    And he said:
    It might as easily be said that man could live without Art as that man could live without water.
    Look upon the innocent scribblings of little children.
    Doubt not that each of us emerged from the womb an artist.
    Art is freedom.
    That which is called Art, yet is made subservient to commerce is not Art.
    That which is called Art, yet is made subservient to a Nation or State is not Art.
    That which is called Art, yet is hanging in the Museum of Modern Art is not Art. That crap my six year old son could do, the Master explained.

On Fate

A priest asked,
    What is Fate, Master?

And he answered:
    It is that which gives a beast of burden its reason for existence.
    It is that which men in former times had to bear upon their backs.
    It is that which has caused nations to build by-ways from City to City upon which carts and coaches pass, and alongside which inns have come to be built to stave off Hunger, Thirst and Weariness.
    It is that which has caused great fleets of ships to ply the Seven Seas wherever the wind blows.

And that is Fate? said the priest.

Fate... I thought you said Freight, responded the Master.

That's all right, said the priest. I wanted to know what Freight was too.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:27 PM
    link   

When are you losers gonna get a life and wake up to reality?
    Reality is what you can get away with.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
    link   

And Heisenberg taught us that observation changes that which is being observed. So reality as I observe it is quite different than reality as you observe it. QED, subjective.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
    link   
    reply to post by JoshNorton

Or as it says on my Masonic ring, "Watch, listen, and keep your mouth shut."
    Speaking of awesome jewelry, this guy seems to make really cool stuff. I might get him to make me a custom ring. This page has some chaos magick, discordian, and even some satanic stuff: www.markdefrates.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:44 PM
    link   

Yeah, I've got a Five Fingered Hand of Eris pendant in brass. It was a gift, so I don't know if it's from that guy or not, but it looks like he does good work.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join