It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illuminati & Discordianism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

The most powerful secret society ever? really? Wow, when did that poll take place?
I mean to say "supposedly the most powerful".

On this site, it's hard to understand them being disbanded since they are the ones who get blamed for everything from Obama being president, to Osama getting killed. As I said, we seem to need a fall guy.
Look, who really cares what we call them. Can we at least all agree there is some type of powerful secret society manipulating society? That group is what we simply call the Illuminati, whether or not they are the same group as talked about in historic references.

I don't expect a hard core conspiracy believer to just accept my words as truth on what we do, but quite a few people have come to this very site, claiming masons eat babies, and do terrible things, only to have enough interest to join, and now come back here to tell people the exact same things as I do. I wasn't born a mason.
I obviously do not believe you "eat babies" or anything stupid like that. But for you to plainly state "it's exactly what it looks like" is really an insult to my intelligence. That or you really just are completely naive about the real purpose and actions of masonry at the highest levels. You all say the exact same thing, I'm not a moron alright.

edit on 11-5-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I wasn't talking about you Norton. Settle down.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Look, who really cares what we call them. Can we at least all agree there is some type of powerful secret society manipulating society? That group is what we simply call the Illuminati, whether or not they are the same group as talked about in historic references.
And some of us don't put up with such sloppiness. How can we ever fight an enemy if we can't even agree who he is? The Bavarian Illuminati was a group—a very specific group—and it hasn't existed in more than 200 years. The Bilderbergers, the Trilateral Commission, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Bohemian Grove attendees: these are some of the groups we should be focusing on TODAY.

Leave the Illuminati out of it. They were anarchists, not people who wanted to be in control. To use their name just muddles the definitions further.

I obviously do not believe you "eat babies" or anything stupid like that. But for you to plainly state "it's exactly what it looks like" is really an insult to my intelligence. That or you really just are completely naive about the real purpose and actions of masonry at the highest levels. You all say the exact same thing, I'm not a moron alright.
Nobody's saying you're a moron. But you are ignorant. That's not an insult. We're all ignorant on any number of topics. It's a word that simply means you lack knowledge. How can you pretend to know what "upper level" Masons motives are when you can't even define what an "upper level" Mason is? Or name any names? Or give ANY examples of actions by such men? And how can you pretend to have knowledge of their secret goals that someone who actually goes to lodge with these men on a weekly or monthly basis hasn't figured out from actually talking to such supposed evil monsters?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Leave the Illuminati out of it. They were anarchists, not people who wanted to be in control. To use their name just muddles the definitions further.
Well, I guess the Illuminatus! Trilogy is starting to convince me they didn't simply disperse or get suppressed by the Government. I understand the book is mostly fiction, but there is also a lot of fact in the Illuminati memos.

And how can you pretend to have knowledge of their secret goals that someone who actually goes to lodge with these men on a weekly or monthly basis hasn't figured out from actually talking to such supposed evil monsters?
I'm not claiming to know what exactly masonic goals or motives are, I'm simply denying claims that it's as simple as some people here would make it out to be. Nothing more, nothing less.

EDIT: Well, I obviously am saying the high levels of masonry lead into the Illuminati, whom I hypothesize are control freaks. I may very well be wrong about that. It's clear though that most masons don't know much about the true philosophies and beliefs held by the highest masons. I obviously don't know either, but I do believe they all have the same basic "cover story", lower members are probably led to even believe it as all there is to masonry. It's a good story I must admit, it would draw people in well.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I'm not claiming to know what exactly masonic goals or motives are, I'm simply denying claims that it's as simple as some people here would make it out to be. Nothing more, nothing less.
But you did call us naive, and we're the ones who actually went to the trouble of joining Freemasonry, in an attempt to really and definitively find out what goes on in their ranks. An armchair conspiracy theorist would never leave the house and would blindly support his wild theories with nothing more substantial than YouTube videos. I read the Illuminatus! Trilogy (and most of Wilson's other books); I read Holy Blood, Holy Grail; and then I joined Masonry so that I could actually make up my own mind from first-hand experience.

(Likewise, I'm hoping you'll make a good Discoridan. Don't settle for being an armchair Erisian. It's fun to screw with people's heads and preconceptions; but it's even more satisfying to do it with truth on your side.)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

But you did call us naive, and we're the ones who actually went to the trouble of joining Freemasonry, in an attempt to really and definitively find out what goes on in their ranks.
I meant you were naive as in you are not entitled to the privilege of high level masonic knowledge at this point in time. Either that, or some of you are simply playing dumb about it. Because I simply don't believe it's so simple.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Sorry, I was under the impression you were actually referring to the Bavarian Illuminati. I used to have a hot button on this and I would jump on a poster using the term as slang, but I try not to do that as it serves no purpose. I agree that there is a group of some form or fashion that makes decisions that are felt globally.I don't know what they are called, but I use the term TPTB.

By saying that I am telling the truth and it's exactly what it appears, is in no way an insult to your intelligence. I happened to be a conspiracy theorist and read all about the masons. I have a very good friend who had been one for quite a while and was a "32nd degree!!!!" and I couldn't believe he would be into the stuff they were accused of. So eventually I joined. Not knowing what was truth and what was fiction. Now I know, for sure, without any doubt, that the masons who described it were indeed telling the truth. TO my knowledge, I have not been brainwashed, nor have I have a complete lobotomy and my brain replaced with an alien implant. So I am telling you the truth. We are just trying to keep the knowledge that has been passed from generation to generation alive. Like a tradition. And our "knowledge" is very simple stuff, but can get as deep as you wish to look. On the surface, I guess you could say, it's just a mens club, but once you start to learn the history, the people who have studied and written amazing things, only to be forgotten, you can find out their thoughts, their "secrets" that they hoped to share with everyone. I don't know any philosopher that wanted to write amazing things and then not share them with anyone. But by the same token, there would be no need to share them with someone who had no desire to hear them. that would be a waste of energy and time. And once you get my age, you realize, time is a valuable commodity that is too often taken for granted.

Believe whatever you wish, but first hand knowledge trumps hearsay and innuendo every time.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I meant you were naive as in you are not entitled to the privilege of high level masonic knowledge at this point in time. Either that, or some of you are simply playing dumb about it. Because I simply don't believe it's so simple.
Sorry. I really don't want to harp on this, because there are probably more interesting things we could be discussing in this thread, but you're still making wild assumptions without any practical knowledge to back it up. You don't know who we are, or what ranks we've attained in Masonry. You still cling to a mythical "higher level", which must always, by definition, be at least one step further than that we've achieved. But honestly, you have no idea how Masonry is structured, and without such knowledge, your claims can only be at best hypothetical.

If you said "The Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of New Jersey is a baby eater!" then we'd at least have a starting place. The Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of New Jersey is, in fact, a person. We know who he is. We can define him in a variety of ways. Such specificity is important. To claim "Some Mason of higher rank than the Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of New Jersey is a baby eater" doesn't really carry much weight, because, well, in the state of New Jersey, no Mason is of higher rank than their own Grand Master, and likewise, because all grand lodges are autonomous, no Mason from outside of New Jersey has any rank or power over NJ's Grand Lodge.

Please don't feel that I'm arguing with you... I'm really just trying to push you to make your argument stronger.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You don't know who we are, or what ranks we've attained in Masonry. You still cling to a mythical "higher level", which must always, by definition, be at least one step further than that we've achieved. But honestly, you have no idea how Masonry is structured, and without such knowledge, your claims can only be at best hypothetical.
Indeed I don't know how much you know, that's why I stated some of you may be playing dumb, which is reasonable, considering the culture of secret societies.

If you said "The Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of New Jersey is a baby eater!" then we'd at least have a starting place. The Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of New Jersey is, in fact, a person. We know who he is.
Why is it always baby eaters, did someone make a thread about that or something? I'm not saying masons hold satanic death rituals or something like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if the real philosophies involve satanism.

EDIT: And nor am I saying those particular satanic philosophies are "bad" beliefs to hold.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Why is it always baby eaters, did someone make a thread about that or something?

you would be very, very surprised.

Look back in the history for a good laugh.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

i envy you for meeting RAW!!!! i watch vids of him speaking and i wish i could have seen him in person and talked to him. i know he is just a man and dosnet need to be put up on a pedistal but he had a way of explaining things in way that made you laugh then think at the same time. i read drugs sex and majick a year after he passed and i was very let down that i could never get to meet him (in this life/world) all the cool ones are dead and or gonna die and it sucks. he was a great man and the illumanits! triliogy was the biggest head trip i ever had the pleasure of reading. i got the jest of the book and i pretty much get the idea from his non ficiton that it is probly alot more weird that we are lead on to belive.

who is the master that makes the grass green

edit on 11-5-2011 by Upthepunx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I agree that there is a group of some form or fashion that makes decisions that are felt globally.I don't know what they are called, but I use the term TPTB.
That is fair enough. I usually use "TPTB" also because I agree that we clearly don't know enough. It's just that the Illuminati and the whole concept of becoming Illuminated is a very significant part of the whole conspiracy. Everyone calls them the Illuminati, so I just assumed (especially after reading certain parts of the Illuminatus! Trilogy) certain aspects of the Illuminati still exist to this day and everyone just agreed to call them the Illuminati as a sort of basic general consensus.

However, some of you clearly don't believe this has anything to do with the original Illuminati and their philosophies, which was clearly one the major questions posed in the OP. Does the "Illuminati" still hold the so called "righteous and wise" philosophies that some here claim they originally held? It would seem such philosophers, literates, and free-thinkers would almost certainly hold some beliefs that are comparable to Discordian beliefs. But the question is do they still, and what are the connections between Discordianism and the Illuminati, because I believe connections do exist. And why do their actions not reflect what one would expect from such intelligent forces.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Im not surprised to see that some idiotic cult who worship a what? "Goddess of confusion?" LOL are confused idiots... Secret societies arent any better, they are all like this, based on idiotic beliefs with no logical or scientific backing. Its laughable..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BanMePlz

We don't really worship some God called Eris, the Goddess of Discord. keep up boy.

And chill out.

EDIT:

When I raise my fist to the air and shout, “HAIL ERIS, ALL HAIL DISCORDIA!” I am not giving my reverence to a goddess – but rather to my fellow brothers and sisters who are suffering under an illusion of false rule.
With our concept-making apparatus called “the brain” we look at reality through the ideas-about-reality which our cultures give us. The ideas-about-reality are mistakenly labeled 'reality' and unenlightened people are forever perplexed by the fact that other people, especially other cultures, see 'reality' differently. - Malaclypse the Younger

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Yeah right, you worship some stupid idiotic nonsense thats why you are too afriad to tell people... Im beginning to think that you keep secrets because they are just to stupid to announce, and by doing so would reveal how idiotic your foolish little sheep cult is, and no one would want to join and pay "GUILD DUES" lol...

Im chill baby.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BanMePlz

Yeah right, you worship some stupid idiotic nonsense
Yes, we do.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

reply to post by emsed1

Perhaps the Illuminati are a front for Masonry?
Ahhh, very doubtful. You managed to avoid the question nicely though.

I follow the three commandments: Keep my head down, talk about the weather and keep my eyes open!

Great post though. Much more truth beneath the humor of the Principia than many realize.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I have to agree with his highness... Terry Melanson doesn't care for Masons, but having spoken with him a few times I can tell you he knows a LOT about the Illuminati..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Yum, it took a while but once digested this thread has a great aftertaste!

Unfortunatly, I can not believe a word you typed. It isn't your fault, or the threads, I just refuse to accept your knowldege!

Furthermore, quoting from books where men have intercourse with the goddess...how inconsiderate! Not quoting, but the fact that you didn't quote the proper scene!

On a topical note, I give thee three quatloos. You are sure to get one newcomer! I will prepare the feast, hotdogs and buns for those of you who are new!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Ahh, and he arrives, I thought you were never going to chime in.

Unfortunatly, I can not believe a word you typed. It isn't your fault, or the threads, I just refuse to accept your knowldege!
Well you would surely not be a genuine and authorized pope if you did believe a word I typed.

EDIT: And this is my 55th post. Let us celebrate. I prefer hotdogs without buns.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join