It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illuminati & Discordianism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

"What is this?" mumbled one to the other, "A religion based on The Goddess of Confusion? It is utter madness!"

And with those words, each looked at the other in absolute awe. Omar began to giggle. Mal began to laugh. Omar began to jump up and down. Mal was hooting and hollering to beat all hell. And amid squeals of mirth and with tears on their cheeks, each appointed the other to be high priest of his own madness, and together they declared themselves to be a society of Discordia, for what ever that may turn out to be.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/563235fa96e1.jpg[/atsimg]

Yes, I am a crack-pot, and this thread is a hodgepodge of my nonsensical ramblings. So you may be wondering what Discordianism is, and how it relates to the Illuminati. I wonder those things too actually. There are so many questions, so many pieces of the puzzle that need to be put in place. That is the goal of this thread, to gather information and answers. I hope to ignite your mind and get you really thinking about some things that most people don't take the time to think about. Issues that go to the very core of society.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" ~ The Beast

If you haven't worked it out yet, Satan doesn't like to follow rules, Satan is a metaphor for being absolutely independent of God, to become your very own self. Was it not Satan that tempted man to eat the fruit? Individualism and complete free will are teachings of the devil. Most religions encourage you to submit yourself to a higher being, free thinking is suppressed and group mentality is encouraged.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10f2432c6a4d.jpg[/atsimg]

The Illuminati worship Satan according to some. Have you ever wondered why they claim to be Illuminated? What is their purpose, their philosophies, their goals? I have been pondering this question a lot lately...and the answer is a whole lot more complicated than it may first appear. It's no doubt that the Illuminati consists of highly intelligent people. Apparently founded by revolutionaries, free thinkers, philosophers...so called Illuminated souls.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1bfc3310b40c.jpg[/atsimg]

But does that really make sense? Simple logic would lead one to conclude such intelligent people understand the relationship between order and chaos. It might lead one to believe they hold Discordian beliefs. But I say to them, if they really do hold such beliefs, they are doing a mighty crap job at enlightening man kind. There is a force suppressing and stumping our development, enforcing absolute control and order. Totalitarianism. These people desire to rule the world one way or another. Someone who truly understands Discordianism wouldn't do this. One mans Heaven is another mans Hell.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/752f66781ef1.jpg[/atsimg]

In my rather uninformed oppinion, I believe the Illuminated are a group of men that truly desire to be Gods, to rule over the world and hold secret knowledge that only the Illuminated are allowed to digest. The average Joe is too dumb to understand it. There's no point trying to teach apes such things. They some how think of Humanity as a dumb and sick plauge that needs to be brought under control, yet don't understand they are the root cause of a lot of the worlds problems. There is no way such complete control freaks could ever understand the mind-set of a Discordian.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae9ca0d6f42f.jpg[/atsimg]

Reality is thermoplastic, not thermosetting, you know: I mean you can reprogram it much more than people realize. The hex hoax— original sin, logical positivism, those restriction and constriction myths— all that's based on a thermosetting reality. Christ, man, there are limits, of course— nobody is nutty enough to deny that—but the limits are nowhere near as rigid as we've been taught to believe. It's much closer to the truth to say there are no practical limits at all and reality is whatever people decide to make it. But we've been on one restriction kick after another for a couple thousand years now, the world's longest head-trip, and it takes real negative entropy to shake up the foundations.

~ Excerpt from The Illuminatus! Trilogy

Discordians aim to break down these illusions and false barriers that exist only in the mind. OMF is a good example of how this can be achieved. This involves "civil disobedience, activism, art movements, especially performance art and guerrilla art, culture jamming, graffiti and other vandalism, practical jokes, hoaxes, reality hacking, chaos magic, words of power, trolling and anything else that is believed to bring about social change through disrupting paradigms and thus forcing the victim to question the parameters of one's reality tunnel.", according to Wikipedia.

"Then you're a gang of Objectivists, basically? I've got to warn you, I come from a long line of labor agitators and Reds. You'll never convert me to a right-wing position."

Celine reared back as if I had waved offal under his nose. "Objectivists?" he pronounced the word as if I had accused him of being a child-molester. "We're anarchists and outlaws, goddam it. Didn't you understand that much? We've got nothing to do with right-wing, left-wing or any other half-assed political category. If you work within the system, you come to one of the either/or choices that were implicit in the system from the beginning. You're talking like a medieval serf, asking the first agnostic whether he worships God or the Devil. We're outside the system's categories. You'll never get the hang of our game if you keep thinking in flat-earth imagery of right and left, good and evil, up and down. If you need a group label for us, we're political non-Euclideans. But even that's not true. Sink me, nobody of this tub agrees with anybody else about anything, except maybe what the fellow with the horns told the old man in the clouds: Non serviam."

~ Excerpt from The Illuminatus! Trilogy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/98473bf12e62.jpg[/atsimg]

Are you keeping up boy? Because this is where it gets deep. The concept of Religion is that of order, it is manifested by the aneristic mind-set, and it is designed to enforce the aneristic mind-set, whilst being antagonistic towards chaos/disorder, the esoteric mind-set. Discordianism is potentially the polar opposite of organized religion. We can see the inherit nature of chaos in all that is. Imagination is highly chaotic, reality is highly chaotic at the most fundamental levels. Systems of life utilize chaotic principles. As such, science utilizes chaos theory to help quantize these things.

I am chaos. I am the substance from which your artists and scientists build rhythms. I am the spirit with which your children and clowns laugh in happy anarchy. I am chaos. I am alive, and I tell you that you are free.

During the next months they studied philosophies and theologies, and learned that Eris or Discordia was primarily feared by the ancients as being disruptive. Indeed, the very concept of chaos was still considered equivalent to strife and treated as a negative. "No wonder things are all screwed up," they concluded, "they have got it all backwards." They found that the principle of disorder was every much as significant as the principle of order.

~ Excerpt from Principia Discordia

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de91e4afadf8.jpg[/atsimg]

You've been living in a dream world Neo. Forwards is backwards and up is down. You've been led to believe that chaos is to be rejected, without even understanding the nature if said disorder, or the necessity of it. Nor do you recognize the inherit instability within the structures of your order. They are built to collapse, because they fail to consider the ying and yang of order and chaos. A wise man once said "When a structure is built on a poor foundation this error will affect the entire building and result in deep flaws of the finished product.".

Most disorganized of all religions, Discordianism alone understands that organization is the work of the Devil. Holy Chaos is the Natural Condition of Reality, contrary to popular belief. Theologians cite Order in the Universe as proof of a Supreme Intelligence, but a glance is enough to see that the stars are not actually in neat little rows. (Oh, sure, there is the Big Dipper and the Little Dipper - but if they were really connect-the-dot drawings there would be numbers next to the stars.) Theology is just a debate over who to frame for creating reality. What we imagine is order is merely the prevailing form of chaos.

~ Excerpt from Principia Discordia

HAIL ERIS. ALL HAIL DISCORDIA.

** pictures taken from The Invisibles comic under terms of non-profit fair use **

edit on 10-5-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hail Eris!

Off to munch on a hot dog bun...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

What a coincidence the first person to reply is clearly a mason. And masons are clearly a front for the Illuminati. Care to enlighten me? What is the connection here?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f8168860b86.jpg[/atsimg]

3rd line

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GringoViejo
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f8168860b86.jpg[/atsimg]
Wrong.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

# I love you.

Namaste.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

# I love you.

Namaste.
lol, hey, I love you too. Love all around!!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Perhaps the Illuminati are a front for Masonry?

Or perhaps they are unrelated in a disorderly sort of way...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Perhaps the Illuminati are a front for Masonry?
Ahhh, very doubtful. You managed to avoid the question nicely though.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Funny! You have read the Principia!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
i just got a copy of princapal discordia off warehouse 23. its a repress of the orginal with some extra pages added in. im looking forward to reading this load of crap

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You take yourself pretty seriously for a Discordian! I fear the curse of Gruad Greyface is upon you!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Upthepunx

You can also read it online here: www.principiadiscordia.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha

You take yourself pretty seriously for a Discordian! I fear the curse of Gruad Greyface is upon you!
There's a time to be serious, and there's a time to be silly. Order and chaos. BTW, I'm only 75.23% Discordian.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

i know but i wanted a copy for my self. i think i may be more than 50% discordian but the rest of my self belongs to cthulhu and yog sothoth eris is such a nice lady though and never tries to eat my soul

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Whatever you do, don't zoom in on my avatar, to say, 400% or more... Really.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
at times i have the grey face curse and it sucks. thank god for weed and cigerates though!!!!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Norton...Norton...Norton...why is that name so familiar? I cannot be bothered searching through my material, can you please refresh my memory?

PS - tricky avatar.

PSS - I'm only about 1/4 of the way through Illuminatus! Trilogy, I'm sure I'll have a lot more to add to this thread after I'm done reading it.

EDIT: Ok...

The POEE HEAD TEMPLE is the Joshua Norton Cabal of The Discordian
Society, which is located in Mal-2’s pineal gland and can be found by temporaly
and spacialy locating the rest of Mal-2.

---

1. SAINT SECOND CLASS

To be reserved for all human beings deserving of Sainthood. Example: St. Norton the
First, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico (his grave near San
Francisco is an official POEE shrine.)

---

Everybody understands Mickey Mouse. Few understand
Herman Hesse. Only a handfull understood Albert Einstein.
And nobody understood Emperor Norton.
- Slogan of NORTON CABAL- S.F.

edit on 10-5-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

So, the important thing that you've learned so far in this thread, and that you should keep in mind as you continue your research, is that Discordians HAVE infiltrated Freemasonry.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

i finished the illumanits! triliogy over the winter. amazing book. the list of bands that play the iglosant festival is one to lol over. oddly enough alot of those band names are real punk bands now-a-days. its obivious that discordians have inflitrated the punk movment

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join