It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
OVELAND, Colo. -- Around 43 people have been hospitalized after falling ill from an unknown odor at Winona Elementary School in Loveland Tuesday, officials said.
Emergency dispatchers received a call at about 10 a.m. about a possible carbon monoxide problem. The victims complained of dizziness and nausea.
A Loveland Fire Dept. spokesperson says 10 people were transported to McKee Medical Center, 18 were transported to Medical Center of the Rockies and five went to Poudre Valley Hospital.
Another 17 people were being evaluated by paramedics at the staging location.
The conditions of
Updated: 12:50 p.m..
Winona Elementary School was evacuated this morning after several students reported suffering from nausea and dizziness. About 43 persons have been transported to area hospitals for evaluation. No severe symptoms have been reported.
All responders have left the school. Fire department crews examined the building and were unable to find any cause for the problem.
The students are being assembled at the nearby Mirasol Senior complex just west of Madison and SW 5th Street where they may be picked up by parents. Students not picked up will remain there and the school district will provide transportation.
edit on May 10th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by alchemist2012
But the question I am asking if the victims are moved out the affected area.would they still be getting sick more than hour later
Originally posted by Blaine91555
One of the older ladies who lived near the highway saw the spill and smelled the sweet smell of the hops. She immediately got it into her head it was poisonous and called 911 claiming it made her sick. Then she spread it through the trailer park causing half of them to think they were sick and it was poison. By then it had hit the news.
Turned out it was all psychosomatic and that nobody was actually ill, but dozens went to the emergency room complaining of symptoms, even though it was just water that was spilled. Of course an Ambulance Chaser went to this woman and she and a couple of dozen others sued the company. That's why I know so many details. The Judge of course threw it out of court.