It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newbie alert!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hello everyone on ATS,
I've been what you appear to call a lurker on this site for a little while now. Slightly nervous to get started i suppose, and also just sussing out what i made of it all. I like what i see.
I like the fact that it is strict and well policed. I hate all that nonsense talk and childish bickering and swearing you see on some sites(comments area on you tube being a prime example!).
Anyway, about me. What led me to this site was my interest in ufos,which i have always been fascinated by. I am really into astronomy and my lifelong ambition is to go to space. It will probably never happen but i can dream anyway. I would definitely say that i've woken up to the fact that there is something seriously wrong in the world these days, and that there is definitely conspiracys going on all over the shop. Oh and i live in Ireland by the way(not much ufo activity over here methinks).
Hope i haven't rambled on too much!
Bye for now,
TMWNN.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Themanwithnoname

Welcome

A mod will stop by soon and let you know all the links you can check out to familiarize yourself with the forums.

Enjoy your stay.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Be sure to get your Tin-Foil hat on the way in.

Welcome to ATS and please don't feed the trolls.

....btw, there still is some childish bickering and name calling, but the mods do a good job (for the most part
)
edit on 5/10/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!
I look forward to reading some of your posts.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Welcome Mr Nameless

ATS is the place to be if your interested in whats flying around an our skies. I'll tell you now though, UFOs are a 'gateway' subject. It will take you down a path that could completely change your view on life (thats what happened to me) for the better though. I've even heard people class the subject as a sickness
which at times it can appear to be.

Anywho, enjoy

Peace

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hello, as well. I have just made an account, also. And, just as you, I have lurked for sometime now, reading and getting a jest of what ATS was all about. I too am tired of the open bulletin boards that allow all forms of disrespect and virility. The strictness of this site is what has kept me coming back.

My interests lay in the area of archeology and antiquities. I know we can learn form those who came before us, if we would just slow down enough to hear them speak.

I greatly enjoy an intellectual discussion on almost any topic as long as respect is given to any and all participants no matter what level of expertise they may have. Ignorance is resolved by education not by demeaning the ignorant.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
As i'm not meant to post short replies and comments(which is what would happen if i replied to you all individually), i would just like to say thank you all for the welcome messages.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

I know what you mean about being led down a path that would change my view completely. It's happening already just from lurking in here for the last couple of months.
It'll be good to have like minded people to talk to about these things anyway.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gibborium

Hey mate,
another newbie eh. Makes me feel a bit better. I also have some interest in the archaeology side of things, which is growing all the time the more i see and read. Learned a lot in here as it happens.
Cheers!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Hi Themanwithnoname, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hello there, I'm pretty new too. So welcome to the zoo.

The biggest menagerie of all sorts of people, ideas etc.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I have always been interested in the past. Maybe I was born backwards, LOL. It is good to know that I am not the only newbie on the block. I have been on many other sites where the new guy is always derided and ridiculed. But here, it seems to be a more even playing field. I think it is due to the restrictions that are in place. They seem to help weed out the posters that thrive on trashing others instead of actually joining in on the conversation/debate.

Hope to see you around the lists in the future.

Gib

new topics

top topics

join