It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is going to be re-elected... All opposition do not stand a chance

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
reply to post by Kharron

This is great news in one aspect but bad in the other. In reality he should have done it on both sides of the aisle and made it bipartisan instead of looking so blatantly like a stab at the republicans. As neo96 noted, he should have done something about the Unions to make it more fair.

This just makes it look like he is reaching into the republicans pockets.

Very dirty way of doing Politics

-Kdial1
edit on 10-5-2011 by kdial1 because: (no reason given)

Well, if that IS true then I agree, it is not as great as it sounds... however it is very difficult to get any straight facts from that overly red-painted article. Sorry to say but it is very accusatory.

I think that we, the people, deserve to know any and all contributions made. And without reading the actual proposed bill, I have to assume that the intentions are not such to target one party only - it would never fly, and I believe when we get all the facts that article will be just another inflammatory smear opinion.

At this point I'd have to say I hope it's a good attempt at transparency and if it's all encompassing a great victory for the people. We'll see what happens when we get more info about this.

Anyone got a link for the proposed bill so we don't just base our feelings on one WSJ Opinion piece with no links?

Khar
edit on 10-5-2011 by Kharron because: must start proof reading

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

I can't find the link of the actual bill, just another link to Fox News. I will keep searching though

Fox News Link

Apparently the original bill was both for corporations and Unions but died in congress last year.

Obama drafted the proposal last month, which is reminiscent of a provision in a Democratic bill called the Disclose Act that died in the Congress last year.

That bill would have required corporations and unions to identify themselves in political ads they pay for – a response to a 5-4 Supreme Court ruling that upheld the First Amendment rights of these groups to spend money on campaign ads.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Unfortunately this order is different than that bill, the Executive Order is just for federal contractors of which the majority are fortune 500 companies that support republicans.

-Kdial1

edit on 10-5-2011 by kdial1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I see this as having huge "backfire probabilities".
Probably not in 2012, but there will be many a Democrat and Republican alike wishing this had never happened.
Eventually.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Obama learned well from his time in the completely corrupt world of Chicago politics.

I wonder if he watches The Chicago Code.....lmao

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I smell a revolution if this a**hole is re-elected.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

off topic:

silly wabbit
politics are for kids!

seriously and on topic

this is just a red rag to the bull, folks [ or rabbit as the case may be]

kingoreo's relection will be the same as princeshrub's and can be summed up in one word:

diebold

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by AshleyD

Ugh. Obama is disgusting.

Be very careful, these words can be easily used now to paint you as a racist.

There have already been big threads specifically stating that ANYONE who disagrees with ANYTHING Obama says or does is automatically a racist. There are legions of braindead zombies who believe that with all of that black hole where their heart was supposed to be.

The race card is going to melt it's going to be used so much by 2012.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
So you guys ranting against this are forgetting Citizens United. Pretty much makes you corporate tools.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Why don't the republicans in Congress just threaten to pull the plug on all funding anything Obama?

The House Of Representatives can then balk on that debt ceiling thing and put Obama's face on U.S. debt default.

Such an executive order is easy to oppose.

My real worry is how no one is opposing it. It seems that both parties are really on the same side.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Every time the debt ceiling was raised under Bush to pay the interest on the wars. The Republicans went right along with it. Obama won't have this on him. The actual people who are putting the country at risk for years to come will.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think you mean re-selected.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

this made main stream news today watching in on fox right now.

looks like ats gets it right and gets it first!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Well, from what I read, anyone who is against Obama is a terrorist. Anyone who supports Ron Paul is a terrorist. Anyone who fights for the freedom and liberty is also a terrorist......and, anyone who watches or reads about "Zeitgeist" is watching or reading terrorist material.

www.infowars.com...

After reading this article, knowing what TSA is up to at airports and coming to train stations near you, etc etc......the beginnings of Nazi Germany already underway from the White House is raring it's ugly head!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

This is great news in one aspect but bad in the other. In reality he should have done it on both sides of the aisle and made it bipartisan instead of looking so blatantly like a stab at the republicans. As neo96 noted, he should have done something about the Unions to make it more fair.

Unions are already required to disclose their political donations. Also, public employee unions do not receive federal contracts, so it's a moot point.

In my honest opinion, anything that increases transparency is a positive move for the country. It's just wrong that we are protecting corporations as if they were individuals, the supreme court has been in the pocket of the corporations for far too long and the first-amendment ruling was ridiculous to begin with.

The executive order can be read here, I would highly recommend those who are about to comment actually read the thing (as opposed to a biased opinion piece), and make up your own mind.

All data will be revealed publicly for anyone to see, and the bill affects donations to all political parties, so it is hardly partisan. Any attempt to paint this as a partisan measure is basically just an indirect admission that the Republican party is in the pockets of large corporations.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by kdial1

Well, from what I read, anyone who is against Obama is a terrorist. Anyone who supports Ron Paul is a terrorist. Anyone who fights for the freedom and liberty is also a terrorist......and, anyone who watches or reads about "Zeitgeist" is watching or reading terrorist material.

www.infowars.com...

After reading this article, knowing what TSA is up to at airports and coming to train stations near you, etc etc......the beginnings of Nazi Germany already underway from the White House is raring it's ugly head!

You might try reading more grown up stuff

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

In my honest opinion, anything that increases transparency is a positive move for the country. It's just wrong that we are protecting corporations as if they were individuals, the supreme court has been in the pocket of the corporations for far too long and the first-amendment ruling was ridiculous to begin with.

So how did you feel about the Citizens United decision.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

So how did you feel about the Citizens United decision.

I thought it was a terrible decision. It was basically an overt announcement that our elections can be bought and sold by corporations, and it significantly undermined the ability of the individual to impact the political process by donating funds.

I believe that corporate and union donations to elected officials should be minimized drastically (if not removed outright), and lobbying should be outlawed. These are the two greatest threats to democracy in this nation, and the conservative justices on the supreme court have basically removed the strongest check we have against them.

In other words, the Citizens United decision was basically an affirmation that we are living in a Corporatocracy, and that the average citizen's contribution to the political process is insignificant.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

100 per cent with you there

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Heh,

It's possible that obama is being set up for failure on purpose so that his competition will blow him out of the water. This would give them momentum for another attack.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

So now you're saying AJ is not grown up? Perhaps those sitting on the fence looking in knows more than gulliable Americans. We see whats going on while you Americans sux it up what your Govt feeds you!

I hate to be the bringer of truth but perhaps you need to brush up on how Nazi Germany and the USSR was created in the first place. There are many similarities.

But you go ahead and believe what you want....and my bet is fear will make you all re-elect Obama because thats all you've ever known for the past 10 years thanks to Bush and Obama's scare campaigns.

Grown up? Probably alot more than you by a long shot.

<< 1    3 >>

join