It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is going to be re-elected... All opposition do not stand a chance

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
With a spine tingling move Obama is signing a Executive order that will give him the Top Spot in the US in 2012.

Under the order, all companies (and their officers) would be required to list their political donations as a condition to bidding for government contracts. Companies can bid and lose out for the sin of donating to Republicans. Or they can protect their livelihoods by halting donations to the GOP altogether—which is the White House's real aim. Think of it as "not-pay to play.".........

When the party failed to get the bill through even an overwhelmingly Democratic Senate, the White House stepped up. The draft order, which came out last month, would require federal bidders to supply a complete list of all political contributions made by the company, its political action committee, and its senior executives—going back two full years. (Richard Nixon would be impressed.) More astounding, the order requires the list to include donations made to third-party political groups—disclosure that is not currently required by law, and that is, as a result, surely unconstitutional.

Wall Street Journal

I guess he is not getting that we do not want transparency in politics like this.

We want corporations completely out of the picture!! They do not represent the people.

I think of this more as the democrats taking a gun to a knife fight... Yeah the republicans held up the federal budget because the people had spoken. But to go at the heart of the republicans like this in retaliation!!! Wow, Politics has gotten out of hand!

-Kdial1

edit on 10-5-2011 by kdial1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I love the Borg-esque title of the thread.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

resistance is futile...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
we want unions out of the picture you know that other special interest that everyone just seems to forget about.

obama is going to be re elected big words but 2012 is still a long way off.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I love the Borg-esque title of the thread.

Haha, figured it would get the right people in on this thread

-Kdial1

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

obama is going to be re elected big words but 2012 is still a long way off.

Did you read the article?

You do know that most of the fortune 500 companies support republicans right? Obama just took alot of the republicans funding right out from under their feet! This almost guarantees he will beat any candidate with the amount of funding he is going to receive for his campaign.

-Kdial1

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Of course Obama will win reelection in 2012. That is exactly how they had things planned out when he was originally elected in 2008. They knew from the beginning he'd be the president for the next eight years.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If our voice can't be heard, how can we hear theirs? Something must be done.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

This is absolutely disgusting if it is what it appears to be. You don't have to be a right winger or against Obama to see this is absolutely foul play.

And, yes. I admit I was totally fooled by this title.

This is really dirty play, though. An example of a breed of cronyism. 'Don't plan of landing any government contracts if you don't agree with us politically.'

Also a failure for the American people and taxpayer. The government will be looking to pat their friends on the back instead of hiring contractors who do the best job at the least expense. And it is a disgusting way to intimidate those who wish to donate contributions to others.

Ugh. Obama is disgusting.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Think of it as a counter to the Republican bill that ended the limits to undeclared contribution amounts to political coffers. Now a corporation can contribute as much as they would like, but with this counter measure, they have to disclose it if they have government contracts.

Besides, the GOP and tea party are doing a fine job of ensuring Obama's re-election with the circus sideshow of candidates they are running out right now. Newt? Palin? Trump? Paul? None of them are electable by the moderate majority of America...who determine major elections. Just a bunch of crazies in the GOP camp right now.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

sorry man but do you not know how poltical funds are raised?

corporations pay both sides democrats and repbulicans and the democrats have the addition of their union thugs.

how else do explain an unknown senator raising 750 to 1 billion dollars for his election ?

didnt come from lil old mom and pop democrats.,

meh.

edit on 10-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What is even scarier combined with this thread is the other thread:

Senate Seeks to Create Caesar

-Kdial1

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by kdial1

sorry man but do you not know how poltical funds are raised?

corporations pay both sides democrats and repbulicans and the democrats have the addition of their union thugs.

how else do explain an unknown senator raising 750 to 1 billion dollars for his election ?

didnt come from lil old mom and pop democrats.,

meh.

edit on 10-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Exactly, it would be nice to see if it was a bipartisan bill that targeted the Unions as well. Unfortunately it was a stab at the republicans to steal some of their cash hog.

-Kdial1

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I am surprised there is not a lot more attention aimed at this. Let me know if anyone sees any coverage of this in the MSM.

I doubt we would see it, but I would think that Fox news would love to cover this story.

Glenn Beck, if you are reading this please send me some goodies for the lead

-Kdial1

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I agree that Obama is going to be re-elected, but not just because of this new desperate move into identifying political contributions and party affiliation data based on some Presidential Executive Order.

This new direction is extortion and more abuse of privacy, because it also identifies where the money is coming from and how much money is contributed. This collection of data from these mundane sources of information will then easily as anyone who does computer programming can tell you, can refine the database listing into a list of enemies.

It stands to reason that "Gangster Politics" is a pay or else pay the price for not paying scam, it is also a tool to collect much more information that needs to be discussed. This latest Obama move to break the back of the Republican party while collecting a list of those that support him and those that do not is interesting on the surface, but it is much more. For some businessmen the choice is easy to make, but for many, this move equals putting your name on the "Terminate ASAP List" right after the bankrupt and liquidate assets first list.

The last and missing component of this discussion that will ensure a victory for Obama, is the current and existing corrupt electoral and voting process/system that has entirely too many flaws where the election can be rigged. Corruption, greed and lack of morals contributes to this problem.

Anyone remember the 2000 Bush/Gore decision considering what we today know about vote fraud and computer manipulation of votes in Florida and other key states? Well I do, and this is why this latest Obama gesture is a clue that he is never going away unless he goes the way of dictators. A military coup where he flees with billions in gold to some friendly nation with no extradition or some sudden assassination.

This is why this Obama Executive Order to me says a lot more than just politics as usual with some gangster tactics applied.

It is a concerted effort to compartmentalize a system of corruption and abuses while implementing a bold hidden move that allows the building and refining of secret enemies lists of those that openly do not support the current administration or the Democratic Party.

Once that list is built along with the current no fly list and the new desired legislation for a TSA no travel list, it becomes apparent to those that can see, that such information becomes a gold mine of information that can and will be abused by those that control such data.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This will get out to the public. This will anger more people than Obama and Co. think.

This will insure a win for anyone against Obama.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Heh, combine this with the Trump fiasco, and a staged, fabricated killing of OBL he is absolutely going to win re-election.

Now, he could make it even better with an executive order that would provide extra tax breaks and stimulus funds, grants and cheap loans to anyone who is a registered democrat, while penalizing all of those who are registered republicans.

Who says you can't buy an election?

Obama learned well from his time in the completely corrupt world of Chicago politics.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Oh wow! If this is what it sounds like this is awesome! I am no big fan of Obama any longer and I will not vote for him, but this is a GREAT move!

Finally we can have an inkling of transparency during contract bidding and political donations. And if Republicans are most affected by this because they mostly rely on corporate backing, then so be it - you can't ask for fairness in politics without making a few changes. Next move, make lobbyists illegal and don't allow them anywhere near D.C. and the People of the USA might regain some power in this country.

Obama just regained a touch of respect in my eyes.

Great news, thank you!

Khar

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

This is great news in one aspect but bad in the other. In reality he should have done it on both sides of the aisle and made it bipartisan instead of looking so blatantly like a stab at the republicans. As neo96 noted, he should have done something about the Unions to make it more fair.

This just makes it look like he is reaching into the republicans pockets.

Very dirty way of doing Politics

-Kdial1
edit on 10-5-2011 by kdial1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Ugh. Obama is disgusting.

Be very careful, these words can be easily used now to paint you as a racist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join