It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cumbrian Spaceman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

I like this explanation. Is it the right explanation? I don't know but it makes sense to me.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I doubt this particular pic will ever be debunked or proved genuine. Its been what 50ish years and we still debate on it.

I still cant quite understand talk about the figure standing on the horizon... that isnt the horizon at all thats the crest of a rise (how can a horizon line be at that angle in relation to the girl, if the camera was angled/tipped then the girl was sitting at one hell of an odd angle when the photo was taken and there's absolutely no evidence that was so), as for his legs... well given regular human proportions to my eye his feet would be bellow the horizon/crest easily.

Looks like a 6-7 footer standing around 12-15 feet from the girl higher up on the rise than her obversing something on the other side and to the left. Human or alien?... no comment, but its still a goodie.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

I like this explanation. Is it the right explanation? I don't know but it makes sense to me.

agreed, it would seem an entirely reasonable explanation. Thanks for posting the video.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Jim Templeton is reported to have died aged 91 in the local news and star newspaper, he apparently lived in Carlisle for most of his life.

Jim was well known in the local area as a keen photographer who was well known for the Spaceman picture but as a less well known incident apparently snapped a second picture of a UFO on Burgh Marsh where the first incident took place.

The Friday version of the News And Star (The Cumberland News) ran the story as "second UFO photo captured on Marsh" and "is this photo of a long haired venusian?". Unfortunately, there is no resource on this second incident on th web or when it took place but it does seem to lend to the fact he was incredibly lucky to witness another incident out there or had a hand in creating them himself.

This always struck me as slightly odd, almost in the George Adamski territory that UFO's were presenting themselves to Jim out on the Marsh. Although reports of strange UFO's buzzing the marsh have been collected for years.

He was apparently known as a practical joker in the local area but this doesn't on its own prove he faked them.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

If thats the case then this fireman floats well about 10 inches of the ground ,seen his torso, remarkable case..

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloisterbell

Jim Templeton is reported to have died aged 91 in the local news and star newspaper, he apparently lived in Carlisle for most of his life.

Cloisterbell, yes he did and RIP Jim Templeton -Woogleuk made a thread about it here and there's a pretty fascinating interview below with British researcher Jenny Randles where he describes his experiences and he seems to come across as genuine, straight talking chap (to me anyway) -there's also a few posts on this thread which go into more detail about missing negatives, government investigators and an alleged investigation by the Ministry of Defense.

(click to open player in new window)

Cheers.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join