It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PressTV - 'US-China oil conflict behind Libya war'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The crisis in Libya is mostly a "CIA operation and the US government is trying to get China out of Libya because China has extensive energy investments in Libya," former Assistant Secretary to US Treasury Dr. Paul Craig Roberts told Press TV.

More news you wont hear on your local propaganda machine. Pretty much why they are in Pakistan as well looking for WW3 to prop up their crumbling empire.

Lots of people like Dr. Paul stepping up every day. Sick that the likes of CNN, MSNBC and FOX wont give them a voice.

edit on 10-5-2011 by UcDat because: title

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I agree with your statement about Ron Paul because I'm also a supporter but I think the war has more to do with Europe vs. China than the US. We only get 2% of our oil from Libya if I'm not mistaken while on the other hand Italy,England and I think possibly France get most of theirs from Libya.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson
I agree with your statement about Ron Paul because I'm also a supporter but I think the war has more to do with Europe vs. China than the US. We only get 2% of our oil from Libya if I'm not mistaken while on the other hand Italy,England and I think possibly France get most of theirs from Libya.

Yep true that put Libya is or was the key to Africa for China and they have poured in millions developing it to make it the breadbasket of the country. They have the largest source of fresh water in the region. The USA already has the middle east tied up even with the revolutions they still control much either via occupation or propping up pet dictators.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
what the man is trying to say,i think,is that china is about to become the worlds economic superpower,in 5 years...so america is gearing up and stiring trouble for a world war,in an attempt to prop up its economy,and secure key military and navy base's while they can,and libya was a staged event,by the CIA to undermine china,and also interestingly enough,pakistan also has strong ties with china.

but the main reason,he says,is to get china out of the med,and the reason america got it's eyes on syria,is because russia has a big navy base in syria,giving russia a big presents in the med.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

yep and they arnt just pressing Russia in Syria but hedging them in all over just like they are trying to do to China.
I do think TPTB controlling the USA want another world war.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The biggest goal for PsyOps is controlling the opinions of people. Mass media made it easier. Social networks make it even easier to plant memes with imaginary 'friends' or to leverage activists (like the Soviets did in the '60s). Social networks (and members) are useful tools of psychological operations groups around the world.

ATS is not immune from the influence of psyop projects or troll or fake person posts.
edit on 16-5-2011 by dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbriefed
The biggest goal for PsyOps is controlling the opinions of people. Mass media made it easier. Social networks make it even easier to plant memes with imaginary 'friends' or to leverage activists (like the Soviets did in the '60s). Social networks (and members) are useful tools of psychological operations groups around the world.

ATS is not immune from the influence of psyop projects or troll or fake person posts.
edit on 16-5-2011 by dbriefed because: (no reason given)

Yeah and sadly the terrorists in east libya are winning

There will be one left to stand up agaisnt NATO/america anymore in the region, what you will see after the manufactured riots will be alots pro western leaders puppets installed by america.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

edit on 19-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

discussed this a couple of weeks ago with another member. seems like interested parties want the huskies and chinese out of the med. with libya having not only oil but vast amounts of arable land now, it will be a magnet for future food production/security.
s and f
f

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt
reply to post by UcDat

discussed this a couple of weeks ago with another member. seems like interested parties want the huskies and chinese out of the med. with libya having not only oil but vast amounts of arable land now, it will be a magnet for future food production/security.
s and f
f

Ya I'm guessing the interested powers would be the imperialistic PTB behind NATO and most of our so called democracies..
Stars for the feedback.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

one aspect that is irking me more and more on this matter and is also connected with the
situation in egypt is the vaccum factor. whilst no credible tenureship is present, the
external interests are sign and sealing multiple deals and the people in these countries
i am sure, are aware of this. certain media outlets i have watched (rtv/press.tv) have
spoken to individuals in egypt in particular who stated that they wished no external
influences to bear down on the transition from the iron fist policies to a palatable and
fair form of governance. i suspect there will be many upset people over there when the
dirt settles. playing for time seems to be the game at the moment. on the geo-political
front, i feel there are going to be quite a few pissed off countries. also it seems that
zimbabwe is attempting to do what libya suggested before all hell broke loose over there.
www.goldalert.com...

finally another interesting snippet related to the chinese interest.
www.stripes.com...

regards fakedirt

new topics

top topics

join