It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chip will be ebedded on your cell phone -- National Emergency Alert System Set To Launch In NYC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Chip will be ebedded on your cell phone -- National Emergency Alert System Set To Launch In NYC

newyork.cbslocal.com

“We believe this new alert system is a welcome addition to our arsenal of readiness,” Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said. “It’s like a police officer’s gun: it’s there for a good reason but we hope that we never have to pull the trigger.” ......... For now, the alerts are capable on certain high-end cell phones but starting next year, all cell phones will be required to have the chip that receives alerts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
newyork.cbslocal.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
newyork.cbslocal.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

By the end of the year, the new system will be in place in New York City and Washington and in cities around the country by the end of 2012.

Gosh America, wake up out of your state of fear. I woke this morning to the elites radio channel NPR reporting that they were going to embed chip on peoples cell phone and couldn't believe what I heard. Then they had to play a interview clip of how the 9/11 attack made some ignorant college kid very fearful.

I am a student too, and the realization our country being a police state has already been achieved, which should ring a bell in peoples head that democracy and freedom is being threatened. That book 1984 has come to fruition. My favorite book.

The threat of terrorizing the people with fear has done more damage to our country than the death of OSAMA BIN LADEN.

newyork.cbslocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Wow. This is interesting. Some kind of Mark (I think we all know what I mean at this point)? Hmm.. Maybe, maybe not. Cell phones can already be tracked, this would just make it easier, I assume?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Or it simply works like it is advertised, just like the emergency broadcast system... If you are living in the south, and a swarm of tornadoes are headed your way, you're not watching TV, or listening to the radio and can't hear the warning sirens, BUT you get a text message altering to the danger and it saves your life, and perhaps the lives of others with you, you may be very thankful that you had this addition to your phone.

This should be made available nationwide! not just in NYC

Sorry, I don't see anything sinister here... In fact this could actually be a good thing for a change.

IF they want to use your phone for other nefarious reasons, the tools for that are already in place, and have been for years.

edit on 10-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN

I am a student too, and the realization our country being a police state has already been achieved,

Not even close.

There is no relevance in this case to police state when you have something in particular...a choice. You have a choice to never have the cell phone to begin with.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Got news for you, I believe that Emergency Alert chips are already embedded in your television sets.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

It is a good thing.... unless they will also e used to listen in to your calls and to see who you are sending texts to.... if so, then its a bad thing!!

But lets not get paranoid.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Something stinks about putting chips in mobiles to send alerts.
Why not use the existing sms system that mobile networks already have ? Suspect that chip does more than they're telling people.. One more tool to oppress the people there..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Why's it have to be a chip? Can't they just tweet it to us or something

I'm serious. They don't need a chip to do this.
edit on 5/10/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
meh, echelon is already reading all electronic communication, like every post ever made on ATS, every call ever made, etc etc, so this is really a fly on an elephant to me

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Wake the hell up USA. You let your children be sexually assaulted at airports in front of your very eyes, your phones will have a mandatory chip, Canada border patrolled by drones . . . All so you can have what? Peace of mind? .... The land of the slave home of the fee indeed.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. I suppose the weather alerts you get from local TV stations, The Weather Channel, cable news, et al are useless anymore, right? Preposterous.
There's no need for these chips, the US is heavily connected through more than just text alerts. What someone doesn't hear about through an emergency message sent to their phone, they will hear from others around them quickly. Word of mouth still works in this era. Imagine that!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Arent the cell phones always like the firdt or second thing to go in the event of a disaster?

Seems like every time theres some huge disaster the cell phones go dead due to tower destruction or overtaxing the system. When it comes down to it cell phones and the networks they are on are pretty fragile.

I know, this time it'll be different.

Katrina, Fukushima, 9/11, Haiti, the tsunami, etc.... cell phones all failed.
edit on 10-5-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
So instead of embedding your skin with chips, they do it to your phone.

Nice move.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Oh, they are just getting people more ready to accept chips into their bodies. After all, so many use(have to?) and love cell phones, it's a first step. Even children know how to use cell phones. What better place to start?!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

yup a chip in your phone a webcam in your laptop ..and i've always wondered about the Infrared on my television set..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by Lionhearte

Sorry, I don't see anything sinister here... In fact this could actually be a good thing for a change.

IF they want to use your phone for other nefarious reasons, the tools for that are already in place, and have been for years.

edit on 10-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

I'm not the biggest conspiracy theorist, however, if the tools are already in place to keep tabs on us, why do they need another chip? The person that thought this up may have genuinely had a concern for his/her fellow Americans. By the time the idea left their desk, others in our government were probably starting to spin other uses for this chip.

IMO, the government does nothing for our benefit alone. There is usually an ulterior motive. If they are really concerned about mine and others safety, just text me. They can do that already.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Stop buying cell phones if it bothers you that much.
Nobody forces you nuts to buy cell phones lol.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
yeah alert people and herd them to a place of sudden death.

only if the cell towers still work as already been stated or by a satellite signal

they already track people sure why not scare the hell out of them too.

big brother lookin out for the little people agian.

its time people wake up and give big brother and the us government the one finger salute.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Anyone read "The Cell" by Stephen King? As in cellphone. Yep, gonna happen.

Yeah! I get to use my Zombii Apocolypse gear! Woot!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join