It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are on Benzo's (valium klonopin etc) or other mood alterers.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one has mentioned St. John's Wort.
I tried that for a month a year ago and it put me in a great mood.
Speaking of that, I think I'll pick me up a bottle tomorrow.
$2 for a month's supply can't be beat.
word of advice: don't mix St. John's Wort with alcohol.
second word of advice: just don't drink alcohol at all.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I was under the impression I posted this in the correct forum to begin with. I did look before posting. Not sure why this was moved to be honest. But hey, I've had points removed apparently. I'm reluctant ant to post anything again because Ive noticed a lot of people seem too be penalized for posting in the wrong forum. I made a concerted effer make sure I didn't do anything wrong, and still got a message.

Sorry.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SigmundFRAUD

Sigmund, I am sure we can all agree that the moderation on this website is above ridiculous! This is the most censored message board i post on!

On another note though, nobody puts a gun to my head and forces me to visit and participate so i kinda adhere to the rules, but still these people are above anal! LoL

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Drugs are bad mmmmm'kay!

I dont take any of that stuff, not even vitamin pills.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by Juggalette
reply to post by Advantage

I think the benzo's and anti depressants were prescribed to me because when I found out at 23 years old that I had Lupus (as well as several other medical problems) and was hospitalized for an extended period of time, it kinda "put a hurtin" on my psyche.

For me, the steroids were just about the worst. At 32 I had both the lenses in my eyes replaced due to cataracts from years of daily high doses of prednisone. I also had to start walking with a cane because the prednisone leached all the calcium out of my body. Now, at 37, I have osteopenia (early osteoporosis) because of it. I also took plaquenil for a short while before I went off my meds. Much of the serious problems that now effect me are kidney related. I don't take anything but advil now unless I am in the hospital.

Ahhh I gotcha.Being ill can definitely mess with your psyche
I was assuming they were just dosing you up with no rhyme or reason. Its pretty common for Lupus patients to be given drugs of all kinds that arent doin us any good since the disease is so misunderstood. You apparently have a much harder time with it than I do. Im 48 and have only had 2 -6 week courses of Prednisone!
I sympathize with you and also feel the less drugs Im on the better off I am. Hang in there and u2u me if you need an ear.. Lupus is probably the most annoying thing I can think of to have. So many things seemingly unrelated and weird, yet caused by Lupus. I have found a few natural things that have actually worked better than anything for the daily BS you deal with... I dont want to hijack the thread, but if youre interested I can give you a few links for some products Ive been using for about a year that have made a world of difference

Thank you for your kindness. And since I don't want to hijack this thread either, I will say that any suggestions for alternate (non-pharmaceutical) treatments that work are greatly appreciated!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deemo Diablo
I've taken Clonipin and Risperdal for anxiety. Along with countless other medications. I don't get to visit a psych very often, if at all anymore because I travel a lot. Every week or two it's off to some place different and don't think for a second it's worth the pay or I get to "see the world" cause I don't. It's a bunch of sorry army bases in crappy towns. Except for Albania. At least the hotel was nice. But I digress.

Personally I can't stand people, especially in crowds. Every. Single. Thing. Everybody. Does. Aggravates. The. Living. [Censored]. Out of me. And that's an understatement. Human behavior sickens me. I like the zombie feeling. I like to veg out. Give me my scripts doc so I can shut it all off. Big pharm isn't so bad when you don't see a light at the end of the tunnel for humanity and just want to go through the meaningless motions until the inevitable happens.

It sounds like you have PTSD and a Existential crisis - I can relate. Buddhist philosophy - and studying anthroplogy has helped me. But when it's too rough I have Lorazepam.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
after years of going to doctors for my anxiety issues i finally got on the right combo....ativan 3x per day and celexa.
the benzos dont make me tired they actually help me focus and i can concentrate. i no longer have that constant feeling of wanting to jump out of my skin or having to run out of a building.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_sky

That is exactly was I was on. I'm still on Celexa but I don't think you are supposed to be on Ativan for more than a 3 month stretch. How long have you been on the combo for?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_sky

My girlfriend also takes celexa & ativan. She's like a totally different person now in a good way! I am glad she finally found medicine that works for her. She was depressed for the longest time!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I,m on methadone,real hard to come off for me!wish I could though.
diazipam and mirtazipine for depression.
please don,t judge me.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by cut3ypie
I,m on methadone,real hard to come off for me!wish I could though.
diazipam and mirtazipine for depression.
please don,t judge me.

I'm not judging you, not even remotely, but, you are going to need to push yourself a little bit harder or rather push your doctor harder to provide you with more constructive treatment instead of replacing one drug dependency for another of equal harm to your system. All those drugs will treat withdrawal symptoms but you now need to withdraw from them as they too are dependency forming. You're going to feel depressed as long as you feel trapped in that cycle, if your GP isn't supportive, Compass may be able to help...

www.compass-uk.org...

No one has any right to judge you, so don't let them, you are trying to take control and that is admirable. Help with that exists, as I am sure you already know, but you're going to have to push to get the best out of it. Very best of luck.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Another question, reason I am asking is because I am having trouble with this,

I have been suffering from Insomnia for months and months. I have taken Zolpidem and it barely did anything. I have taken Lunesta, and again, it barely works. In fact, I've taken more than 1 or 2 or 3 at a time. I am not an idiot, I just knew it wouldn't effect me, and I was right. After taking 5 lunesta at once, I fell asleep but woke up very early. Doctor tried me on an antidepressant called amitriptiline (sp) which he said can be used as a sleep aid, and it worked a tiny bit the first time I took it, the second time, it did nothing.
PLEASE DO NOT OVERTAKE YOUR SCRIPS, I am not advocating this. I am just giving example of the extent of my problem.

I have tried benedryl, and it does nothing, nyquil is a joke, I have tried melatonin and other "sleep aids" with tryptophan and everything under the sun.

Anyone had this issue and What the Hell can I do?? The only thing that helps me sleep is Hydrocodone, I know this because I had a scrip for it once. My doctor will not prescribe Hydrocodone for a sleep aid.

Not being able to sleep is hell.
ANYONE know of anything???

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Rozerem, and doxepin come to mind. Klonopin... Restoril... Hydroxyzine....Sonata...Seroquel might be worth a shot. I mean if you are that bad that ambien and lunesta dont work for you then i would be worried something else is up.

Doxepin didnt work for me because it is good for staying asleep nce you get to sleep. I have no problem staying asleep. The problem is gettng to sleep. Rozerem worked after a week (you have to take it every day and it takes a week or two to build up in your system) but it is like $150 a bottle so... That's out lol. Insurance didnt cover it.

Hydroxyzine worked for me for a week but then didnt do squat, even taking 100 mg's. It is just an antihistamine but is a prescription sleep aid as well. It is just a little stronger than benadryl.

It is ironoc that hydrocodone makes you sleepy because it doesnt do anything for me as far as pain, sleep, etc. Only Percocet helps with pain (bad back... Surgery) but man does it make me itchy!

If it makes you feel better it is 6:30 and I haven't slept yet ; )

edit on 16-5-2011 by Spencer1989 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BadPenny

oh no,didn,t mean anyone had jugded me,just asking 1st has some will see methadone and stereotype me as a down an out junkie!!!!!!!!

I,m not and am trying,but with 4 kids,finding the time to turkey is not always easy.
brief sum up of me,im 32,started heroin when i was 16,on it for a year(yes main lineing i.e injecting)then got a methadone script and was clean and off by 1999,then i was clean for 5 years,had my 2 daughters,but the relationship between me and their dad was mental and pysical so i left.
Got my habbit back,gave my to girls to their dad and let the shtf for 4 years,doing any downer i could get my hands on.then in 2006 met my now partner who brought me to my sences and made me understand that i,m worth more than a needle!!!!!!!!!so here i am 2011 still on a 40ml script,tried to come off in 2009 with subutex but wow my 1st relapse since 2006,so i went back on the meth as i know where i am on that,so back to the drawing board.Only thing i,ve not tried is rehab but i,m talking with my drug worker to see if this is possible.thank you for your reply,and i know only i can fight this battle....and it been a on going battle all my life

but i,d not change a thing about my past,as it made me who i am today,a fighter,and i hope to pass it on to my kidz....never give up as in the end it,ll all be worth it

edit on 16/5/11 by cut3ypie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SigmundFRAUD
Not being able to sleep is hell.
ANYONE know of anything???

Try Valerian Tea at bedtime and some Lavender Oil around your pillow, not too much and not so it'll be in contact with bare flesh etc. After all those drugs it may sound a bit wet, but, if you are susceptible, it can be a very potent combination. Might be worth a try.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cut3ypie
...never give up as in the end it,ll all be worth it

A very healthy attitude, I have a similar philosophy, and to add to that, if at first you don't succeed... I hope that you are proud of yourself and all that you have achieved so far, many fall at the first hurdle and here you are with the finishing line in sight, if not quite yet in grasp.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by cut3ypie

do it for yourself i had a 20 year speed addiction smoked pot fags but now i have been clean for 3 years i know smack is harder to get off phyically but you can do anything you set your mind on believe in yourself and good luck

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join