It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are on Benzo's (valium klonopin etc) or other mood alterers.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I have Lupus, so I was on TONS of medicine, klonopin and atavan being two of them. Why two benzo’s at one time? At the time I took the Dr.’s word for it and didn’t ask. As for mood altering, I was also on Elavil and Zoloft, and as I said, a ton of other meds.

After ten plus years on all of the medications my Lupus was only getting worse so I made a life changing decision. I stopped all of my meds…cold turkey (not advocating this, as it could be dangerous). This was two years ago and aside from some rather mild flares; I have been in way better health since dumping all the meds. Now I only take meds if it is a life and death matter.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Never been on any of those. I took some Percocet for a couple weeks for when I had my c-section with my little boy. I did find it to have highly addictive qualities. I also found it interesting that studies have shown that women find it more addicting. Interesting then, that this is the one most prescribed for women who've had c-sections. Trying to get us addicted?? Hmmmmm....Other than that. Nope!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SigmundFRAUD

I take Zoloft - I've taken Prozac, Celexa, Effexor and others even some experimental drug from Europe once.
I have intermitant explosive disorder or IED. Zoloft has kept me in check the longest.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I don't post too often, but thought I'd tell my story.

I've had issues with anxiety for many years. Despite how difficult and mentally exhausting it was, I could function. I never felt that I needed medication. In January, my car was totaled in a very violent car accident and the anxiety has been unbearable since. Fear of driving and about dieing in an accident have always somewhat affected me, but now the thoughts can sometimes be obsessive. On to the point of my long-winded post:

I very recently started taking Xanax, because I was exhausted by the constant nagging of my irrational fears. I suppose they do help. Having never known what "normal" feels like, I do feel different. I suppose it takes some getting used to.

Thanks for listening.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
reply to post by MJZoo

What is your age and sex? Females who have never experienced crippling anxiety can be over come during certain hormonal transitions in their life. (Don't flame me, I am a female and I know this can happen and this is no statement on the strength or weakness of female character - it is just biologically factual)

Also for either sex if you have moved to a different climate then you lived in for a majority of your life - differences in the quality of light can effect your brain chemistry in a whole panarama of ways.

Lastly, perhaps your body is signaling something you aren't aware of on a cognitive level?

31 and male. I've lived in the same place my whole life. The light thing could be significant since I live in Michigan and we get far below average sunlight. I've had anxiety before but I think a lot of it had to do with alcohol, which is why I quit. I've been sober for over 20 months and, like I said, I don't smoke and I get drug tested at work so definitely no pot. I also exercise 5 times a week and I'd consider myself to be well above average in terms of taking care of myself. I did have quite a year last year, probably the single best day as well as the single worst day of my life occurred within about 3 weeks of each other. I'm just rambling now, but the one thing that struck me as odd is that I suddenly felt "out of place" around people I've literally known my whole life. I also noticed that my mood seems to REALLY project on people around me. I dunno, it's weird. Feel free to message me if you need to talk anything through.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What's up with all of you telling a complete STRANGER what kind of meds you are on? First off they ask what kinds of tranquilizers and mood elevators you are using and you start telling them EVERYTHING but that you use, without even asking them WHY?

I realize that many that post on here have medical problems and need certain drugs to take care of their problems....but, sharing this information with someone just because they ask?

Wake up....my question is what business is it of this person that posted the thread? You do realize you are not posting anonymously don't you? You also realize it could be a question to prove that people that believe in conspiracy theories are just drugged out crazies or any other propaganda that would be spread by TPTB?

NO, not paranoid...just careful.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by plainview
I don't post too often, but thought I'd tell my story.

I've had issues with anxiety for many years. Despite how difficult and mentally exhausting it was, I could function. I never felt that I needed medication. In January, my car was totaled in a very violent car accident and the anxiety has been unbearable since. Fear of driving and about dieing in an accident have always somewhat affected me, but now the thoughts can sometimes be obsessive. On to the point of my long-winded post:

I very recently started taking Xanax, because I was exhausted by the constant nagging of my irrational fears. I suppose they do help. Having never known what "normal" feels like, I do feel different. I suppose it takes some getting used to.

Thanks for listening.

I know what you mean when you say "irrational fears". Just before last Christmas I had one of those. It started as a simple heartbeat that didn't feel right. From there it turned into an avalanche of fearful thoughts that I could no longer keep in check. Needless to say, I ended up calling an ambulance because I thought for sure that I was having a stroke. Lets just say it was an expensive mistake on my part. I have found meditation to be very helpful with dealing with those thoughts. What's funny is that my pyschologist recommended me to do that. I live alone so I'm always worried that something could happen and nobody would know for days. Anyways....hope that helps

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Uh, you think the people that are on medication aren't already in the database? I'm pretty sure when you visit the doctor and then fill a scrip they keep a record of it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Who cares? What are they gonna do with that info?

Maybe you don't understand any of this, but it helps some people to just get stuff off their chest. And yes, this is anonymous, maybe not to hackers and site ownership, but what would they do with that?

Tell me what my real name is and where I live...........

Can't? Well that's anonymous.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
What are "Benzo's"? And yes I have many years ago taken a few Rx's but they realllly sucked, made me feel so uncomfortable in my own skin. I do have a touch of agoraphobia, but I found years ago the best medicine for me personally was long days and even longer nights on ATS/BTS.

Seriously, the best medicine once all the experimentation was over is being natural, I mean how much more high can you get? Nothing beats being clean.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Curcumin dissolved in warm coconut oil for joints.
Berberine hcl for allergies
R-lipoic acid for mitochondrial protection w biotin
Luteolin/rosemary for allergies joints

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggalette

Weird.. I have Lupus and have never been on any of that. Ive taken steroids when its actively attacking an organ and some pain killers on and off.. but 99% of my life with Lupus is managed perfectly fine without all of that junk. I can tell you that antidepressants and etc have NO effect on Lupus. Its an auto-immune issue... you control it by putting the immune system to sleep with steroids like Prednisone..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

Who cares? What are they gonna do with that info?

Maybe you don't understand any of this, but it helps some people to just get stuff off their chest. And yes, this is anonymous, maybe not to hackers and site ownership, but what would they do with that?

Tell me what my real name is and where I live...........

Can't? Well that's anonymous.

I understand quite well that it helps some people to share their problems...I also understand that there are databases out there for information gathering....but wouldn't this fall under something one would post on facebook?

This is not meant to be cold, or start a fight...but where is the logic in discussing what drugs one does? Is that not your personal business? Willingness to answer questions posed to one without asking WHY does someone want that info is why our society is so far down the tubes as it is today. TPTB love undisputed co-operation...drones...people that will do what they are told and answer any question presented without asking WHY.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Was on the ole Fluoxetine (Prozac) and Depakote for a while to help with my mania and bi polar symptoms, but found they made my episodes worse and stopped taking them over two years ago. Had one episode since and resorted to positive mental attitude, which has been the best medicine ever

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Again, what would they do with that information? Are they gonna try to discredit us conspiracists by saying that 20 people out of ....say......10 million are crazy and on meds?

Now if a complete stranger came up to me on the street and asked me that question, I would def. be suspect.

..but you are right, nobody has asked the OP why he/she want's to know. So I'll go ahead and do that.

OP, why do you want to know?
edit on 5/10/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I think the benzo's and anti depressants were prescribed to me because when I found out at 23 years old that I had Lupus (as well as several other medical problems) and was hospitalized for an extended period of time, it kinda "put a hurtin" on my psyche.

For me, the steroids were just about the worst. At 32 I had both the lenses in my eyes replaced due to cataracts from years of daily high doses of prednisone. I also had to start walking with a cane because the prednisone leached all the calcium out of my body. Now, at 37, I have osteopenia (early osteoporosis) because of it. I also took plaquenil for a short while before I went off my meds. Much of the serious problems that now effect me are kidney related. I don't take anything but advil now unless I am in the hospital.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Thanks. My grandmother meditates daily and she taught me at a young age. You're right, it does help a lot. Even just focusing on my breathing when I first start feeling panic helps keep it from getting worse.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I understand where you are coming from, I honestly do. As for myself, I answered because I don't believe that admitting I take medication, to improve my quality of life, is something to hide or be ashamed of. I believe there stands a great stigma and misunderstanding about mental illness and the people who have it. I want to help break these stigmas. Maybe my or other stories posted here could help someone else who is suffering and let them know they aren't alone. My wanting to help and share with my fellow humans, on any topic, overrides any worry about the government putting my name on some list.

But, that is just my perspective and I thank you for expressing your own.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join