It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are on Benzo's (valium klonopin etc) or other mood alterers.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Im and just curious how many here are on Zoloft/Sertraline, Cymbalta, etc etc.

How many on Klonopin?

ATIVAN?

Zanax

Other's not mention, along the lines of litium, etc.

Not an official stufy, post anon if you want.

I'd like to see what every memeber said, wish there was a way to ask everyone on the board.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I was on Prozac and Xanax. I got off of them but at the end of last year I was in a ROUGH place. I'm not even sure why. I don't drink, smoke, use any drugs at all. I just started getting crippling anxiety and depression. Right now I'm on Celexa. I was on Ativan 3x a day when they started me on Celexa but I haven't taken any for a couple weeks. I absolutely hate being on them so I don't really feel like hearing how bad they are or how I should be able to cope without them. I'm well aware of how bad they are and I don't plan on staying on them.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SigmundFRAUD

Currently taking no medications.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Zip...zero....nada. I do not need my doctor and big pharm. putting me on a drug that only make me a walking zombie. I understand there are "some" people that require meds to live a normal life, but not to the scale we are seeing it at now. Diet and exercise are key to physical and mental health.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I was on Zoloft and Xanax. I dropped the Zoloft after about a month of taking it. The withdrawals were horrendous, as they always are. I kept the script to Xanax though, it helps alot more than anything I've ever taken. I've taken Prozac, Celexa, Effexor and they all sucked.

I learned how to manage my depression without the need for drugs, but every once and a while I get really bad anxiety attacks. Xanax does a good job of keeping me relaxed and suppresses the anxiety. Only thing I don't like about the Xanax is that it makes me extremely tired when I sleep on it. Makes waking up kinda hard to do.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealTruth84
Zip...zero....nada. I do not need my doctor and big pharm. putting me on a drug that only make me a walking zombie. I understand there are "some" people that require meds to live a normal life, but not to the scale we are seeing it at now. Diet and exercise are key to physical and mental health.

Understandable, yet some of us have chemical imbalances. Since the age of 5, I have been extremely active in sports and fitness. So it's not so much about diet and exercise. Some of us have had bad things happen to us in our childhood that diet and exercise cannot fix.

After I found out that the base molecule in Zoloft was Flouride, I immediately dropped it, cold turkey.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I don't take anything. I try to avoid caffeine as much as possible as well. Don't even take aspren most of the time when i have a head-ache, just let it run its course. What about you sigmund?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I refuse to take anything. Several medications have side effects or other effects which require another med to fix, then that med need another one to fix those side effects and the cycle continues. If not that, they require you to have routine labs drawn to make sure they're not burning up organs or "becoming toxic" in your system.

It's scary.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Nothing, but not necessarily by choice.
Xanax would be much welcomed by my body and mind.
No insurance causes problems. Street value is ridiculous.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Just to add as not to harm. If you do take meds. Then some of you may need them but I do feel its kind of the norm. Go to the doctor and get some meds. My mom takes massive amounts of meds to sustain her due to her blood relations, so I am not knocking the medical prescriptions. I just fortunately have been w/o them. Better days require no meds.
Be well

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

Originally posted by TheRealTruth84

Understandable, yet some of us have chemical imbalances. Since the age of 5, I have been extremely active in sports and fitness. So it's not so much about diet and exercise. Some of us have had bad things happen to us in our childhood that diet and exercise cannot fix.

After I found out that the base molecule in Zoloft was Flouride, I immediately dropped it, cold turkey.

OMG I didn't know Zoloft was based on Flouride! Thanks for the info. I was on it years ago and it turned me into a freaking robot. No emotions at all.
I was a zombie and it was a horrible feeling.

Amidst the whole thing, I decided living like that was not acceptable, weened myself off the meds and faced my problems. Thankfully, I was able to pull myself together, fix the negativity in my life and go on to have the wonderful existence I have today. My life still has it's ups and downs, but I get to experience them like I was meant to...as a human and not a zombie.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

What is your age and sex? Females who have never experienced crippling anxiety can be over come during certain hormonal transitions in their life. (Don't flame me, I am a female and I know this can happen and this is no statement on the strength or weakness of female character - it is just biologically factual)

Also for either sex if you have moved to a different climate then you lived in for a majority of your life - differences in the quality of light can effect your brain chemistry in a whole panarama of ways.

Lastly, perhaps your body is signaling something you aren't aware of on a cognitive level?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
Nothing, but not necessarily by choice.
Xanax would be much welcomed by my body and mind.
No insurance causes problems. Street value is ridiculous.

..yeah, with insurance a bottle of 20 costs $3.00. I won't get into the street prices so as not to get this thread 404'd

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I drink valerian root tea at night if it's been a stressful day at work. It helps me wind down and sleep. And I wake up in a good mood. Other than that nada.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Im on amitriptyline 25 mg 2 times per day
150mg/h of fentanyl patch change every 3 days
vicoden 3 tablets per day
and a whole list of drugs to many to count some for pain some for cystic fibrosis i take about 40 pills per day sometimes more im a Im a walking pharmacy

edit on 10-5-2011 by sugarcookie1 because: brain fart

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BioStatistic

Right on friend! That is the best way that I have found to deal with it. Just DEAL with it! I was once a pessimist and procrastinator, now I'm the opposite. When you can conquer those things yourself it gives you more confidence and self-esteem. And it's always good to hear that you are not alone when it comes to these things.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Im on amitriptyline 25 mg 2 times per day
150mg/h of fentanyl patch change every 3 days
vicoden 3 tablets per day
and a whole list of drugs to many to count some for pain some for cystic fibrosis i take about 40 pills per day sometimes more im a Im a walking pharmacy

edit on 10-5-2011 by sugarcookie1 because: brain fart

Sounds like you should be urinating in Hazardous Materials Containers! Kidding aside, I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope your pain is manageable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join