It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know what......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
.....The media enjoys this stuff. You cant deny it. They send their reporters, who get stories, that are brought to your radios and tvs. The more chaotic the stories, the more they'll try to find them

think about it, one bomb was bad enough. but when they report to the masses that there are more and more bomb attacks, you keep most of the hype going....

....and that keeps you coming back to that news station, and you keep handing them money for it.

you see, everone isnt about fixing the problems.

They want the money that comes from it.

Wars are like weeping sores. And the pus that is sprayed everywhere, is the cash.

huge profits are made during wars.

and everyone wants a slice.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
9/11 is what got me watching and paying attention to the news.

......wait a minute?

It was Ted Turner who took the towers down!!! He is the real enemy! We've been so blind!

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
William Randolph Hurst once siad, "Give me a headline and I'll give you the war." He was talking about the Spanish-American war a century ago but it still rings true today.

Why didn't American news networks ask any hard questions before the Iraq war? Probably because of the ratings boost that embeded reporters and bombing gave them. Now that we know the war was a mistake they come out and switch their view. Unbelivible.

I've forsaken most American cable news channels, with the exeption of CNN. Fox is barley veiled right-wing propaganda and MSNBC is a bit too sensationalist for my tastes. Granted CNN isn't much better but they do try to be unbiased most of the time I think.

My two primary news sources are now the New York Times and the BBC. I think these two sources are probably the most truly fair and balanced that most Americans can get. The BBC was reporting the whole story on Iraq since the time leading up to the war and the NYTimes, barring the recient problems they've had, has proven itself to me as one of the best hard-new publications on earth.

Blessed Be
~Astral

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
CNN is just as bad as FOX.

Fox: Republican Biased
CNN: Democrat Biased
MSNBC: nobody biased, nobody really watches it.

new topics

top topics

join