It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for North and Central TX Ghost towns.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I hope this is the right forum but I am trying to find some interesting Ghost town's in North and Central Texas. Been to Thurber and old Coal mining town from the 1880s but unfortunately there is no cemetery to document anymore. Plan on making trips to Spanish Fort and Elizabethtown as well which are supposed to have some really good cemeteries to document. But I was wondering if anybody would have any further information on any other sites that may be of interest looking for mid to late 1800s or earlier. The only really modern thing I plan on visiting is the old Rattlesnake Bomber Base in Pyote, TX. Original home of the Enola Gay. Other than that though I would prefer mid to late 1800s but am open to any suggestions. Sorry if this is the wrong forum but ironically this is my first real topic.
edit on 5/10/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have no idea since I'm located in Ohio. Good luck to you though, I've always had a huge interest in ghost towns and abandoned facilities. Just never been able to find any. :/
Figured there would be plenty around here, seeing as how I live in the Great Black Swamp area. Should be abandoned early houses atleast, but not much luck for me.

So good luck with your documentation and enjoy what you do find.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You need to go to the Nimitz museum in Fredricksburg, Tx. supposed to be haunted. There is a great book called "Haunted Texas" check that out and it will give you some ideas. Also there is the haunted railroad tracks in San Antonio.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

I lived in Wichita Falls Texas for many years, which is as north Texas as you can be and I never heard of any ghost towns, though some near by towns could almost be considered a ghost town. That is to say they were basically dead in every way except that you might see a person here or there.
Beyond that, I am unfamiliar with such places, and Im from that area originally, weird.
edit on 10-5-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Thank you for all the suggestions I will definitely be checking out Fredricksburgh and surrounding area's and will mark those two to look at.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There is a great website, Texas Escapes, it has a listing for ghost towns all over the state. I think you'll really like it! www.texasescapes.com...

top topics

join