It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 72 hour Emergency Preparedness Supplies Calculator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There are a number of states that put these little things in their preparedness pages...
this one is from the state of Colorado...
it's pretty simple
you input the number of adults
number of kids, toddlers, infants, pets
click the calculate button and below it gives you a list
Recommended Supplies to Include in a Basic 72-Hour Emergency Preparedness Kit Based on the Information Provided Above:
Food and Water
Tools and Other Items
Kitchen Items
Sanitation and Hygiene
Clothing and Bedding
and more and more and more...

For the 5 adults and one toddler that live with me it gave me this

Water — 22.5 gallons of water for drinking and sanitation
Food:
Grains: 132 ounces
Veggies: 49.5 cups
Fruits: 33 cups
Milk: 51 cups
Meat / Beans: 109.5 ounces

Remember that figure is for three (3) days, 72 hours
wonder how much beer I'd need to make through 3 day's????

Anyway it's a bit old school tech wise but go play with it if you got time
The 72 hour Emergency Preparedness Supplies Calculator

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
As always, great information Daddybear. Very useful to new comers like me...easier to visualize...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
wonder how much beer I'd need to make through 3 day's????

That question keeps me up at nights!

Here is a link that may help others get themselves more prepared. The left side of the page has quite a few other links that could prove to be helpful. There is a LOT of good information on these pages. I haven't purchased anything from these guys so can't speak to that.

Free Prep Info

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I like these type of calculators for a general idea of how much you need, but they always tend to figure on the heavy side. For example I put in 3 adults and it calculated 15 gallons of water which I can understand, but 27 cups of milk?
Again I think they are good for a general idea, but I would never follow it to the letter.
The list of general items that is listed below food stuffs is a pretty good list too!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
you always got great info to post, thanks, much appreciated.

2nd line

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

In my case I can see the need for extra milk... the youngest member of my household is a 3yo toddler...
Man can she pack away the moo moo juice... but she in nothing compared to my 17yo son and his, punch bowl full of breakfast cereal in the morning...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
In a real SHTF scenario, we wouldn't have to eat for 72hrs, we could go for weeks without food... Water is the most important... A real 72HRS should focus on evac/concealment or temporary sustainment and of course keeping hydrated.. I think food would the last on our mind the first day or two.. Unless of course those that have to eat because of a medical condition, or obesity issue..

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Great info!! I have been reading all the Survival Threads and plan on buying more printer ink so I can print out stuff and place into notebooks - then I will place into my car for just in case.

I agree it seems like alot of stuff as I have myself, and Mom (as long as she lives). The cost alone is difficult for us.....hell, the very first thing I want to get is a gun but funds have provided me from doing so. When the SHTF the first thing I will think about is protection while I make my getaway.

I DO plan on starting to aquire some things, as $$ allows, like tent, camping stuff, knive, shovel, etc. to have for when needed. But, as long as Mom is here, $$ will be short.....and ,when she passes, I will be selling everything but car to get me to NM mountains - hopefully - even if it's before the SHTF.

Thanks, DaddyBare!!

top topics

join