It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aerial Photos of Mississippi and Ohio Rivers, Before and after flood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I found this article, had some amazing photos. It says Before and After, but the pictures are in reverse. The flooding that is happening now is pictured first, and the before pictures are from around the same time last year.
Mississippi and Ohio Flood Pictures

edit on 5/10/2011 by Mythos13 because: damn dirty typoes

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Nice presentation of the floods. Its amazing how much natural activity has been in the recent.
S&F

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I live about 80 miles from the Mississippi River, so no flooding here, but i have been to Memphis many times, and i feel for those people. Plus we are expecting rain later this week, which will just add more water to the flood.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythos13

See im up in the PITTS,pa and it has flooded a few times here not major but the rivers have been rising some and dropping. To see how these wters have been affecting the down stream is very interesting to me. I also read a nuclear reactor near flood was having issues, has that been fixed not to go to far off topic?
edit on 5/10/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
D@mn! That is a lot of land and food washed under, i hope everything turns out alright for everyone affected by this.

On a positive note, it would be kinda sweet to have a house on a little strip of land or hill surrounded by water. Your own personal hill house resort. You can grow a huge garden and fish all day. Utilize hydro, wind, and solar power.

edit on 10-5-2011 by AOA2012 because: Peace and Love to All

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythos13

thanks for this i needed some pics like that

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

The only thing i have seen on the Nuc reactor was posted on here the other day. I have not heard anything else about it. Odd that no MSM is reporting on it.

Here is the link to the ATS thread that first talked about it.

ATS Link

Also just a note, when i googled it, the ATS link was at the top of the list, so not much coverage at all.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

Your welcome. It is totally insane how much water is flowing. I wonder what, if any effect the added weight of all that water will do to the New Madrid Fault line, which runs in the same area.

top topics

join