It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doom : More Actual Doom, Live Actual Doom, and Doom On You...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Hi Spartan, excellent thread and very good point.

I don't post in your threads very often but I nearly always read them.

I think this thread is a very much needed wake up call to all the people getting over excited about a 6.0 quake here and a 7.0 quake there, then wow, tsunami! Holy sheet!

People very often forget the victims, myself included... Thank you for the thoughtful, sobering post.

Really puts things in perspective.

Can I ask why you do not post in them often?

And thank you for reading.

I think we as conspiracy theorists, as a collective, forget these events affect real people.

Just whining, complaining, and bitching about it does nothing except waste time.

Actually getting involved will do so much more.

Whether we're addressing disaster assistance or politics.

An earthquake, tsunami, or major event like 9/11 is a horrendous thing indeed.

However, just talking about it, decrying the conspiracies, and nothing else is not tolerated.

As I referenced above I'm declaring war on apathy and those who practice it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Creeping authoritarianism is only because of the apathy within this community.

It is not just because of those apathetic outside of conspiracy theory who do not believe us.

We are just as responsible as those people by not doing much more.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Upsetting the balance.

Not planning correctly.

Also not spending the funding correctly.

All of those are correct when it comes to disasters.

St Francis Dam Disaster Near LA

A man-made disaster if I've ever seen one.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Just minutes ago...

A full disaster declaration for the state of North Dakota was declared by President Barack Obama this evening.

This declaration is effective as of Feb. 14 of this year and triggers allowable FEMA funds to be used for counties that suffered spring flooding this year.
www.inforum.com...

There you go, disater doom, and FEMA.

edit on 10-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

Yes, I read about the state of North Dakota, and Obama's declaration.

Quote from : F.E.M.A. : Federal Aid Programs For State Of North Dakota Disaster Recovery

Release Date: May 10, 2011
Release Number: HQ-11-075Factsheet

Following is a summary of key federal disaster aid programs that can be made available as needed and warranted under President Obama’s major disaster declaration issued for North Dakota.

Assistance for the State and Affected Local Governments Can Include as Required:

* Payment of not less than 75 percent of the eligible costs for repairing or replacing damaged public facilities, such as roads, bridges, utilities, buildings, schools, recreational areas and similar publicly owned property, as well as certain private non-profit organizations engaged in community service activities. (Source: FEMA funded, state administered.)

* Payment of not less than 75 percent of the eligible costs for removing debris from public areas and for emergency measures taken to save lives and protect property and public health, including direct federal assistance, under the Public Assistance program.(Source: FEMA funded, state administered.)

* Payment of not more than 75 percent of the approved costs for hazard mitigation projects undertaken by state and local governments to prevent or reduce long-term risk to life and property from natural or technological disasters. (Source: FEMA funded, state administered.)

I've been following it since day one.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAGx1981

Yeah I agree FEMA doesn't do everything right but at least there is something instead of nothing, sometimes I think people forget that, what if there was nothing to help after a disaster at all? Then I would believe more conspiracies of FEMA.

People do forget that.

As well they rarely have lived through disaster.

During a time of crisis if organizations like F.E.M.A. did not exist they would lose all hope.

And also more debt, crime, and mayhem might happen.

I cannot condone all policies of the organization.

But the general basis of it is good and does good.

I have talked almost every week with 5 - 10 different people since 2005, these people are just working, the money side of it is not completely righteous cause the way they sale the units, but hey, they are just doing their jobs.

Bureaucracy plus apathy equals stagnation.

I think we need to learn how to help ourselves and each other more. Create a better social community and stronger outreach throughout every town, thats how you get things done quicker IMO.

That is where ATS is lacking in some regards.

Too much conspiracy and not enough community.

Too much talking and not enough physical action.

Talking is fine but words without action is but a hollow gesture and empty rhetoric.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Actually my friend the south really does get a bad rap in the mainstream world. Down here in my small country community black, white, and Hispanic people work together and help each all the time, its a beautiful site to see. But you don't see those stories on the news.

Alot of folks do stuff like that down here cause we know how hard it is when depending on a agency, you just don''t know what your gonna get.

I have 3 units, and I built me a small house after Katrina with my bare hands at age 25 to make sure it was strong enough to withstand ANY category hurricane, so I kept 2 units and decided on the other to either put the unit in a underground concrete storage area for a survival project or just sell, then the f5 hit and I have friends up there, its not the best unit, but it will work and it is clean. No brainer.

People do even more than I do down here. A friends mom of mine could not afford to pay her power bill and before the news even hit me I found out that someone that overheard her anonymously poped a $ 3,000 check in her mail box. It's things like that.

Your right on ATS. Alot of people come on talk negative and give sentiments abouts the disaster and complain but thats all. Things are much worse than what they show on the news. The don't go into the places that are too f'd up and too dangerous that would not allow them to gather a good shot.

There are some places I seen that literally looked like an atom bomb exploded.

I just wanna say again, Mississippi needs to get some props this state is shown in the wrong manner, I would never leave here!

edit on 12-5-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Actually my friend the south really does get a bad rap in the mainstream world. Down here in my small country community black, white, and Hispanic people work together and help each all the time, its a beautiful site to see. But you don't see those stories on the news.

I think personally the entire world gets a bad rap from the Mainstream Media.

Why?

Because sex, drugs, and rock and roll sell more newspapers then human interest pieces.

Just as much as death, destruction, and mayhem make money for the newspapers.

It is part of the newspaper's desire to sell newspapers.

And as well America and the world's morbid curiosity.

When it comes to "bad news" America is best as rubbernecking idiots.

I think this is a part of the disaster conspiracies with ATS and elsewhere as well.

Alot of folks do stuff like that down here cause we know how hard it is when depending on a agency, you just don''t know what your gonna get.

Of course.

I've expressed countless times I am not anti-Government.

I am anti-corruption within Government even if it sometimes walks hand-in-hand.

So, that being said, I'm middle-ground when it comes to Government.

As well as the organizations and agencies it has control over.

I have 3 units, and I built me a small house after Katrina with my bare hands at age 25 to make sure it was strong enough to withstand ANY category hurricane, so I kept 2 units and decided on the other to either put the unit in a underground concrete storage area for a survival project or just sell, then the f5 hit and I have friends up there, its not the best unit, but it will work and it is clean. No brainer.

Good for you for doing the right thing.

Too many people do not do the right thing during regular society need for assistance.

Let alone during times of crisis when the need is even more.

People do even more than I do down here. A friends mom of mine could not afford to pay her power bill and before the news even hit me I found out that someone that overheard her anonymously poped a $ 3,000 check in her mail box. It's things like that.

Now that is called helping someone out during a time of crisis.

Your right on ATS. Alot of people come on talk negative and give sentiments abouts the disaster and complain but thats all. Things are much worse than what they show on the news. The don't go into the places that are too f'd up and too dangerous that would not allow them to gather a good shot.

Of course.

I love the fact that ATS is member driven content.

But, that member driven content is sometimes "driven" too much by negativity, and conspiracy.

And we have no outlet whatsoever towards positivity.

When I speak of positivity and an outlet I am referencing something which has more impact.

All of our members influence how the website is perceived.

If I reference creating a non-profit and a policy think-tank how many automatically cringe?

"Sounds too much like Government corruption".

Hogwash I say.

"Only Government is allowed to do that".

Again, hogwash, utterly nonsensical.

"Sounds too much like work".

And complaining, whining, and bitching about it is going to change it?

There are some places I seen that literally looked like an atom bomb exploded.

I've seen many of those places and all I see is the victims losing everything.

I just wanna say again, Mississippi needs to get some props this state is shown in the wrong manner, I would never leave here!

edit on 12-5-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

Again, as per my original reply in this reply, I think the entire world gets a bad rap.

The world focuses only on the negativity because it is more powerful via perception.

Because people give it more power.

Negative power holds more sway over people because they allow it to do so.

People are far too easily swayed by corruption and being bought.

They fear standing their ground against corruption.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Everything you said bro is the exact way I feel, so I can't elaborate cause it would just sound the same as you have expressed. I don't think the government is totally corrupt either, I think people are corrupt, and 10 bad apples ruins 3 good ones.

I know the world see the U.S. in the wrong manner, but I singled out my state cause you know just as well as myself that when most people think of Mississippi they think, racists, fat, stupid rednecks, and it is just not the case, you would just have to see our town meetings and gathering, it is a total mixture of culture and religions, even muslims. We all get along our children play together and we all live in country, where all the '' idiot redneck culture is supposed to be, according to the rest of the U.S. for the most part.

I just felt the need to put that out there cause I really love my state, and we are soo forgotten by the government, I mean we got the eyewall of Katrina yet we were the last to get help and we were barely mentioned when it hit. I watched the eyewall fly over me just like Georges, and just like my parents before witnessed Camilles eyewall.

Bottom line Mississippi is the USA's third world country.

edit on 14-5-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Explanation: St*r for you!

Here is why...

Doom Book [wiki]

The title "Doom book" (originally "dom-boc" or "dom-boke") comes from dōm (pronounced "dome") which is the Anglo-Saxon word meaning "judgment" or "law" — for instance, see Alfred's admonishment: Doom very evenly! Do not doom one doom to the rich; another to the poor! Nor doom one doom to your friend; another to your foe! The following reflects Mosaic Law: "You shall do no injustice in judgment! You shall not be partial to the poor; nor defer to the great! But you are to judge your neighbour fairly!" (Leviticus 19:15).

Personal Disclosure: I am sure if any one looks hard enough that they will find Doom at what ever level they are looking at... Globally... Locally... and Internally! Just looking at the recents page gives one a plethora of doom to choose from. If you seek you will probably find it... Personally I am trying to find solutions! I hope my fellow members join me in that!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
what am i doing to help those who have been displaced - well, i don't make any money but i do have skills and by using those skills i have provided monetary means for a mother to travel back and forth to the hospital mowing grass ($40 didn't go very far but it helped) - i have shelled pecans and donated them to those who bake goods to sell for the homeless or bedridden - i have washed windows for an lady to old to get up and down and helped move a widow from one home to another - when i purchase canned goods on sale i then take a bag and give it to a young father and his son who has been out of work for some time now - i helped a young man draw up his own uncontested divorce papers so that he would be able to move on with his life and establish a schedule to see his son for the first time - i have connected with a local hunter who brings hog meat and deer meat and then i give to those i know are having a most difficult time feeding their family -

yes, these are real disasters - imho, all connected by prophesy whether it be biblical or your local seerer -

excellent thread -

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

Understandable.

Which is why I created this particular thread.

I am actually quite tired of listening to so-called conspiracy theorists lately.

Whining, complaining, and bitching about this, that, and the other.

At least the Government has a plan, implements it, and does something with their knowledge.

All people on conspiracy theory websites seem to do is be whiny little babies.

Not one ounce of accountability for their actions.

Not one ounce of accountability for their community.

Not one ounce of accountability for their Government.

Be the God-damned change you want.

Or shut the Hell up and quit wasting space occupying this planetary dust ball we call Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join