It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doom : More Actual Doom, Live Actual Doom, and Doom On You...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It takes some money, forethought, and effort, but it pays to be prepared.

Just another note to your list. I always stop at the gas station and fill up every time I come back home. It keeps water out of the tank and saves a bit of money in the long run.

The generator to run the frig and water pump is also nice

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

People seem to think these things will never happen so they do not plan for it.

Yeah, I used to get laughed at for carrying sand, a shovel change of winter clothes, food and camping supplies all winter until we almost got snowed in at work. My bags of sand got the semi blocking the whole parking lot out of the way and my chains got me and my friend home safely.

Spent the next couple of days on X-county skies with a shovel digging out the old folks in the neighborhood.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

ONE stinking star?
That was brilliant!

Bravo for your eloquent and exceptional reply. What more can I say other than I understand what THIS thread is all about now.

I cannot even wrap my pea brain around all of the occurrences happening worldwide for the past 5 years! I have OFTEN thought about compiling such a thread and make in living pictures what is a global phenomena whether man made/created or natural.

Again I have to say that if we could put into one single place all of the natural and man made disasters, it could in essence give a road map to events unfolding in the present and give a direct link to the near and distant future.

I personally do not believe that humanity has a chance to survive into the future, at least not man as he exists today in any form.

Doom is an interesting word and I have to say that it is one that draws me in and keeps my attention consistently.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Thanks for the invite. I love how you put it all in perspective. Also, again as a Mississippian I'm put on the front line of another string of disasters with Hurricane season lurking promising for alot of storms. I can feel it being through so many.

I spoke to a person in FEMA yesterday, I can report I am giving up one of my travel trailer units I purchased cheap when my roof got blown off to help other people, and I required him to give me confirmation that another human being will recieve it instead of a hotshot at a auction.

These weather anomalies are very disturbing but I still refuse to agree that a date of prophecy can be given of a specific time of a ELE.

I can't lie, I have thought at times that these disasters are karma from mother Earth showing us we are not in control, and we don't rule everything simple cause we are human.

All you can do is have faith, and take this seriously.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

These weather anomalies are very disturbing but I still refuse to agree that a date of prophecy can be given of a specific time of a ELE.

For those paying attention this shift in weather patterns was expected. It even has been named the the Landscheidt Minimum. The sun runs in cycles, 11 yr, 88 yr & 200 yr and so do the oceans 60-70 yr. Despite all the Globe Warming propaganda some of us paid attention to those cycles. I started crossing wooly breeds with my hair sheep and cashmire with my boar goats five years ago in expectation of chiller winters.

(How is that for advanced planning SKL
)

I just hope we do not get another blasted dust bowl. The new idiotic Scorched Earth Policy certainly is not going to help.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Hi Spartan, excellent thread and very good point.

I don't post in your threads very often but I nearly always read them.

I think this thread is a very much needed wake up call to all the people getting over excited about a 6.0 quake here and a 7.0 quake there, then wow, tsunami! Holy sheet!

People very often forget the victims, myself included... Thank you for the thoughtful, sobering post.

Really puts things in perspective.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Don't forget creeping authoritarianism.

That's a real doom that is real.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Quote from : Wikipedia : Disaster

A disaster is a natural or man-made hazard that has come to fruition, resulting in an event of substantial extent causing significant physical damage or destruction, loss of life, or drastic change to the environment.

In contemporary academia, disasters are seen as the consequence of inappropriately managed risk.

S & F

Even "natural disasters" can be the result of man upsetting the balance.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Here is a compilation of flood footage from Sky news.

At timestop 1:16 it shows that the spillway in New Orleans
"has become a bizarre tourist attraction of it's own."

David Grouchy

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Just minutes ago...

A full disaster declaration for the state of North Dakota was declared by President Barack Obama this evening.

This declaration is effective as of Feb. 14 of this year and triggers allowable FEMA funds to be used for counties that suffered spring flooding this year.
www.inforum.com...

There you go, disater doom, and FEMA.

edit on 10-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

However...DOOM can be oddly addictive and powerful. I've been sucked in too (as evidenced in some of my threads).

Is there a self-help or 10 step plan to ween myself from the doom

Why, yes! You can begin by getting your mind off all the doom by visiting this excellent thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

This being said I am more interested in hearing about what others are doing to help.

A tornado went through our town. We were out with the pick-up truck and chain saws as usual clearing the roads. (Standard practice after a hurricane around here) Stopped by the farm up the road to see if they needed help with the animals, places to stay, places for their animals, fence rebuilding.

Now there is what stories of disasters should be about.

Community coming together to help each other pick up the pieces.

Again I do see potential for Governmental abuses and or conspiracies.

Personally, I think F.E.M.A. was a large part of the creation of Homeland Security, through 9/11.

But too many of these "doom and gloom" thread focus on the idiotic hype factor.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I do not honestly know what to suggest to you.

For myself I know I take several steps back and examine in detail.

What happened, why it happened, what happened after it happened.

As well the reactions of everyone involved.

Not everything is a conspiracy although there are plenty of them laced within.

So many ATS'ers and conspiracy theorists take the negligent and apathetic "hands-off" approach, pointing fingers, decrying conspiracy, and therefore that they should not get involved in any way, but only being the town crier is irresponsible. There are far too many town criers out there pointing out the things going haywire, wrong, or corrupt within Government.

As well as before, during, or after disasters.

If we as a community want to be taken seriously doing things in this forum should be about more.

I'm not saying that ATS is not doing massive things, the website is doing great things, in great strides, but the people within it, those people not running this site, they should be doing more, much more, instead of complaining, whining, and bitching about the problem.

An example would be a website I just joined all too recently.

Innocentive : Challenge Driven Innovation

This website is dedicated to groups of people getting together to figure out solutions.

And win prize-money if their idea is accepted.

This is something ATS itself and our members should get involved in.

An example of one of the challenges :

Quote from : Innocentive : Challenge Overview : Emergency Response 2.0 : Solutions to Respond to Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico

Recently, an explosion on an offshore oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico caused both loss of life and a sizable and ongoing oil spill. We are asking Solvers worldwide to respond quickly with ideas and approaches to react to this very serious environmental threat.

Can you make a difference? Yes, InnoCentive's work with the Oil Spill Recovery Institute a few years ago is proof positive of this. We encourage you to get involved.

Note: This is not a competition. This is an urgent call to action to help respond to a dangerous situation affecting the environment, wildlife, and human health of the world. There will be no award made for this Challenge.

This particular challenge was not financially motivated nor is it still open.

But I think you see what I mean.

This website does good things and I would like to see it do greater things.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Yeah I agree FEMA doesn't do everything right but at least there is something instead of nothing, sometimes I think people forget that, what if there was nothing to help after a disaster at all? Then I would believe more conspiracies of FEMA.

I have talked almost every week with 5 - 10 different people since 2005, these people are just working, the money side of it is not completely righteous cause the way they sale the units, but hey, they are just doing their jobs.

I think we need to learn how to help ourselves and each other more. Create a better social community and stronger outreach throughout every town, thats how you get things done quicker IMO.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Reading that link now, I guess you really do learn something new everyday.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It takes some money, forethought, and effort, but it pays to be prepared.

Just another note to your list. I always stop at the gas station and fill up every time I come back home. It keeps water out of the tank and saves a bit of money in the long run.

The generator to run the frig and water pump is also nice

And this is why I am grateful for organizations like the Boy Scouts of America.

While certainly not everyone is going to agree with the organization or focus it does things.

It teaches about civic responsibility, disaster survival, and organizing people.

Again, not everyone is going to understand, or necessarily join up.

But the motto of Be Prepared does push planning to the head.

I joined and became an adult leader just a year after joining ATS itself.

If only I had joined Boy Scouts 10 or 15 years ago instead of only 5 years ago.

Through it not only am I helping out a great cause but I am learning to put into action the policies, procedures, and protocols which have driven most of my life, I am also putting all of my knowledge of those organizations ATS'ers decry into context through action in an apolitical organization which makes things more difficult for those bad organizations I detest.

By being a part of the social fabric of how things are done in all manners.

While at the same time remaining "left-wing/right-wing" neutral like always.

At the very least I am having fun teaching both youth and adults about leadership.

I have yet to have had the opportunity to do it during times of crisis through disaster.

But I am ready for that when it happens.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

People seem to think these things will never happen so they do not plan for it.

Yeah, I used to get laughed at for carrying sand, a shovel change of winter clothes, food and camping supplies all winter until we almost got snowed in at work. My bags of sand got the semi blocking the whole parking lot out of the way and my chains got me and my friend home safely.

Spent the next couple of days on X-county skies with a shovel digging out the old folks in the neighborhood.

Because I saw it necessary I did a few things about that.

I began training myself how to see anything and everything as adaptable in all situations.

Adapt, improvise, modify, and overcome.

That was what my stepfather taught me to do because of his Marine Corps background.

You see a hammer for nailing nails?

I see a hammer, for nailing nails, an emergency improvised weapon, and a lifesaving extension.

You see an automobile for going places?

I see an automobile which takes me places, which adds power to my motivation, and can store things.

You see a shotgun as a weapon?

I see a shotgun as a weapon, a tool, and something which can be used for many more purposes.

My life has been regimented towards survival and contingency planning.

I have a contingency plan for anything and everything as well as fallback positions.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'm just getting started though.

There are so many elements of disaster not examined due to the "doom factor" on ATS.

Those threads, the ones which focus illogically on "doom and gloom", are fallacious.

They distract people from getting organized more so towards their own survival.

They could be focusing more so on the entire spectrum of disaster survival and planning.

Yet they miss so many things.

Quote from : F.E.M.A. : Arkansas Disaster Declaration Expanded Again

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - Federal disaster assistance has been extended once again in Arkansas as a result of the severe storms, tornadoes and flooding that began hitting the state April 23, the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management (ADEM) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) said today.

Boone, Jefferson and White counties join the 13 counties that have been designated for federal Individual Assistance under the presidential disaster declaration and a subsequent amendment. In addition, 10 counties are now eligible to receive assistance under FEMA's Public Assistance program. These are Benton, Carroll, Conway, Crawford, Faulkner, Garland, Hot Spring, Montgomery, Stone and Washington.

"We're happy that assistance to individuals and families will soon be on the way to eligible Arkansans in three more of our counties," said State Coordinating Officer David Maxwell. "Plus, FEMA's addition of the Public Assistance component to the declaration will bring some much-needed relief to our local communities that were slammed by the storms."

Take a look at my replies to crimvelvet when you get a chance.

As well as my replies to Signals.

I'm declaring war on apathy when it comes to disasters, survival, and the "doom and gloom".

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAGx1981

Thanks for the invite.

No problem.

I love how you put it all in perspective. Also, again as a Mississippian I'm put on the front line of another string of disasters with Hurricane season lurking promising for alot of storms. I can feel it being through so many.

This is exactly what I am driving for here within this thread.

So many people are out there in these disasters.

Yet all anyone on ATS wants to do is decry conspiracy and not get involved.

I spoke to a person in FEMA yesterday, I can report I am giving up one of my travel trailer units I purchased cheap when my roof got blown off to help other people, and I required him to give me confirmation that another human being will recieve it instead of a hotshot at a auction.

All I can say is wow to you giving up a travel trailer to assist someone else.

How many people can do something that altruistic?

Not many, not many indeed, and too few would demand confirmation as well.

I can't lie, I have thought at times that these disasters are karma from mother Earth showing us we are not in control, and we don't rule everything simple cause we are human.

All you can do is have faith, and take this seriously.

Taking it seriously is the only way I know how to consider emergencies and disasters.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

reply to post by JAGx1981

For those paying attention this shift in weather patterns was expected. It even has been named the the Landscheidt Minimum. The sun runs in cycles, 11 yr, 88 yr & 200 yr and so do the oceans 60-70 yr. Despite all the Globe Warming propaganda some of us paid attention to those cycles. I started crossing wooly breeds with my hair sheep and cashmire with my boar goats five years ago in expectation of chiller winters.

(How is that for advanced planning SKL
)

I just hope we do not get another blasted dust bowl. The new idiotic Scorched Earth Policy certainly is not going to help.

That is exactly right.

The shifting weather patterns was expected.

Weather prediction has become a science.

Whether the weatherman knows his predicting is of course up for debate.

Global Warming however is nothing more than a con-job.

The Report from Iron Mountain : Truth, Cover-Up, Or Manipulation of the Masses?

I do believe 100% that The Report from Iron Mountain was a real report which was leaked.

A means to manipulate people through all sorts of information for funding.

To prey upon people too damn stupid to know better and create hype.

Instead of building up the intelligence level these con-men decided to prey upon them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join