It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

national-emergency-alert-system-set-to-launch-in-nyc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Ya gotta love this.
Now when the FEMA camps are ready , we'll all get a text message telling us where to report to ( for our own safety) and directions.

newyork.cbslocal.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

This saved many lives in Japan when the tsunami was broadcast via cellphones.

I don't think people can be herded like cattle as easily as many think.
Especially when we have officials telling us to get into trains so we can be relocated safely.
We all know where that one goes!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

oh i loved this part..

"Verizon and AT&T, the nation’s largest cell phone carriers, are already on board. Consumers would be able to opt out of all but those presidential messages.""

yeahh? like WHO to vote for..??>>?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I wonder if they have such things like FEMA camps in Canada or if we all have to go to all of yours?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Did you catch this statement?

but starting next year, all cell phones will be required to have the chip that receives alerts

Government enforced chips in cellphones? I am sure its just specifically for this service.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I can see how this is to help, but wow really? Why do we need to have a special 'chip' installed into the phones just to have this service? Why not a downloadable service so that if you want it, you can download it, otherwise you can go on your own way? I feel these comments said it best:

Dan Stiles: There is no need to have any new software or chips on a phone to receive texts. They are attempting to do something else under the cover of “emergency messages”. I guarantee that this special chip and software has some form of location tracking and spyware on it. Perhaps it is special software that instantly analyzes voice patterns, digitizes the voice characteristics into a packet which is sent to a central server to see if it should be taped. Imagine, worry-free wiretapping! If the voice is that of a wanted criminal or just someone on the wrong side of politics, it could then be directed to start broadcasting location. Big brother is here and he will even let you play games on his electronic handcuffs.

Also...

Scott Muller: So all existing phones could simply receive a mass text message gov-spam and you could call the system a success BUT…… “starting next year, all cell phones will be required to have the chip that receives alerts.”????? Why is some special gov-chip required to be in my phone? For the stated purpose of being able to receive “special government text messages” that apparently are incompatible with ordinary text messages and require a special chip? Big brother, intrusive, oppressive government is what it sounds like to me.

“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
- Benjamin Franklin

I will say though, if you read the comments on there you can see how many people are awake. Not sure how many are ATS members, but it proves more and more are waking up.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
All jokes aside this is really big and very important. I have been watching for this since 07 and knew that when the time drew closer for the tsunamis and tidal waves to hit NYC these types of systems would be put in place "officially."

If you have been on ATS as long as I have and own the capacity to connect the dots and use intuition, it is a pretty clear picture coming to the forefront and it is an extreme challenge to save lives and to balance continuity of goods, services which is the real bottom line of this move towards finalization of logistics.

Dont laugh guys this the real deal and there are still heroes and first responders who are there to make sure you survive.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

"Verizon and AT&T

Are Verizon the RFID chip manufacturers? Sounds like the perfect scheme to RFID tag everyone, not physically but via the phones.

Answer to myself, no that is VeriChip

edit on 10/5/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

so let's get this straight
i can opt out of real emergency alerts but i have to listen to kingoreo's latest brainfart/fulminant doctrinal nonsense?

reply to post by AnteBellum

Originally posted by AnteBellum

I don't think people can be herded like cattle as easily as many think.
Especially when we have officials telling us to get into trains so we can be relocated safely.
We all know where that one goes!

ever heard of flash mobs?

edit on 10-5-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I don't think it will be just trains. People will be walking, riding bikes, driving cars, trucks and school busses.
People will be so anxious to be first inside there will be a huge line before they even open the gates.

Once the warning flag goes up, stores , banks and gas stations will close, and when they shut off the gas,electric and water to our homes it won't take much to encourage people to head to the camps.

Ever been to a major sporting event or concert ?
There is ample parking and a security force to greet you at the door, with a list of items you can't bring in.

Don't worry it's all for your safety and protection.
edit on 10-5-2011 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Yes, we will be asked/required to report in that we are not dead from _______ (such and such event) and be told to report in for _______?

new topics

top topics

join