It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 11 - Elenin alignment (or not?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
In the last 24 hours there's been a lot of discussion, expectation even, about some kind of big event happening with the "alignment" of comet Elenin on May 11. Lots of mentions, lots of threads, lot of people "know" this alignment to be true.
BUT
I just checked. There's no alignment.
I checked with three different websites that generate ephemerides for Elenin (C/2010 X1) and they all say that "opposition" of the comet (when sun, earth and comet are in a straight line, 180 degrees) actually happened back on March 15th. I believe this was blamed for the Japan earthquake two days earlier.
BUT
There is no alignment on the 11th of May. The sun - earth - comet angle is 106.8140 degrees, a rather random inconsequential number.

Date__(UT)__HR:MN R.A._(ICRF/J2000.0)_DEC T-mag N-mag delta deldot S-O-T /r S-T-O 2011-May-11 00:00 10 31 22.64 +07 44 05.1 15.78 17.38 1.82813810770774 0.5449708 106.8140 /T 24.5068

Where did this story of "alignment" on May 11th come from?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

The same place that claims of a small comet way out there having any impact on our planet other than a light show when it gets close. Same place that all of these theories come from.

Straight out of someones (redacted text)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I dont know, but isn't comet elenin
always aligned with something?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It only takes one person to say something, true or not, you can bet many will want to believe it...and away we go. Glad to see someone actually checking the validity of a thing and not just going with it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

I dont know but these are starting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The alignment isnt with elenin, its with earth, jupiter, mercury and venus.

There is also an alignment with uranus, saturn and earth - seperate alignment

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

As the above poster has stated, it's with other planets, NOT with Comet Elenin.

Please get your facts straight before you all start accusing others, you all just sound like fools.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If something does happen, be prepared to duck under a table or a desk.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

No... May 11th is just the day I purchase my $102,00... 2011 Audi A8L...

Plenty of emotion around that date for me.

Take a break with these delirious posts and ignore anything NASA tells you. Yes, big changes are on the horizon, so enjoy this 3D reality while you can. I'd worry more about basic preparedness and spiritual awareness.

If you want to know what's really coming, it's wise to consult George Kavassilas. Not to mention, begin to think and feel for yourself. Anything a government, academic, or scientific institute spouts off about is deceitful BS... really, it is.

edit on 10-5-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
As the above poster has stated, it's with other planets, NOT with Comet Elenin.

Please get your facts straight before you all start accusing others, you all just sound like fools.

Oh, I'm well aware of the planetary alignment over the next few days, I've been watching them move into position, but its some other people (not this idiot currently typing) that have mentioned May 11 specifically with Elenin.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ok, I think I've worked it out. This thread...
Nostradamus prophecy matches May 11th alignment plus Elenin alignment - megaquake?
...mentions an alignment of Elenin-Sun-Uranus

I suspect some people just ran with the "elenin alignment" on "may 11" and stopped mentioning that it had nothing to do with earth.
So now do I ask for mods to close this thread?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Well it's may the 11th now.

I'm waiting. Investigating what astronomers are saying.

top topics

join