It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride? do they put it in our water?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

Many times when i am on this forum, i see a good thread, and i see alot of text i just don't want to put the effort on reading it, or when i see a interesting title of the thread, something in me says, ahh to much time on clicking on it
and when i want to reply i have something to tell but i don't know how to tell it, than i think screw it i am not replying, i am giving it up very fast. i have it a long time already. Then i heard something about floride in water that makes os slow down and makes os motivation down.. well i have these symptons, and i drink alot of tap water, do they really put something in our water to make os/me like that, do you guys have any of these symptons? please tell me.

and btw i am not the best in English Sorry!
edit on 10-5-2011 by Silend because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by Silend because: Spelling mistakes

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It's not a question of if local municipals fluoridate the water here in the states. Most do, and this is easily verifiable upon request.

The fluoride AND chlorine, along with the stew of other compounds, effects each of us differently depending mostly upon our genetics. Some are able to cope without too many symptoms, while others seem to be having great difficulties.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yes they add it to the water. Does it cause ill effects? That's another question entirely that I'm not quite sure about. Many people here will tell you it does some bad things. Possible, but I personally don't believe it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Belief is not required.

Look to the studies, and testimonials of sufferers, or expert opinion of leading professionals for many decades now.

It most certainly causes damage.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Yes they add it to the water. Does it cause ill effects? That's another question entirely that I'm not quite sure about. Many people here will tell you it does some bad things. Possible, but I personally don't believe it.

Well i don't have any ill effects.. yet?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

How would you know? From what baseline are you considering?

If you've been under fluoridated water supplies all of your life....

link   
reply to post by Silend

Yup they sure do! And you might not know but fluoride is a byproduct of aluminum manufacturing. What would be the best way to get rid of a byproduct from aluminum manufacturing plants, well certainly not put it in the drinking water but unfortunately that is exactly what they do. On the other hand the bottled water industry has much less regulations and restictions on the ppm than tap water, so technically you can get away with have crappier bottle water than tap water, and they call it smart water.
Drink up, Cheers!

link   
reply to post by Silend

The nazis experimented with water fluoridation in the WWII camps to pacify and sterilize the prisoners.

Calcium fluoride is good for you and is what helps your teeth. Sodium fluoride is what they add to the water and for the most part, it's chemical waste and very hazardous.

i'm not sure if you are in the US but here's a site that shows water fluoridation by state. There is also one for Canada somewhere:

Link

Fluoride is put in our water to "help our teeth" yet any honest dentist will tell you that drinking it does nothing, brushing with it however does have benefits.

ppm than tap water, so technically you can get away with have crappier bottle water than tap water, and they call it smart water.

Hah, most bottled water is indeed tap water, paid by your local taxes. Imported is something different, but domestic comes from the same source as your tap water, cept YOU pay for the upkeep and they sell it for profit.
edit on 10-5-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Silend

The nazis experimented with water fluoridation in the WWII camps to pacify and sterilize the prisoners.

Calcium fluoride is good for you and is what helps your teeth. Sodium fluoride is what they add to the water and for the most part, it's chemical waste and very hazardous.

i'm not sure if you are in the US but here's a site that shows water fluoridation by state. There is also one for Canada somewhere:

Link

Fluoride is put in our water to "help our teeth" yet any honest dentist will tell you that drinking it does nothing, brushing with it however does have benefits.

ppm than tap water, so technically you can get away with have crappier bottle water than tap water, and they call it smart water.

Hah, most bottled water is indeed tap water, paid by your local taxes. Imported is something different, but domestic comes from the same source as your tap water, cept YOU pay for the upkeep and they sell it for profit.
edit on 10-5-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

I don't live in the States or Canada, I live in the Netherlands, but thanks for the reply bud

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If you are on a central city water system, there is probably chlorine being added at least. In the country we have individual well water.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Silend

I've been drinking out of the tap for a long time.

But my IQ it not lower that it was.. i've read on wikipedia that they said that your IQ will get lower to or something like that..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
They put it in our water, FYI our tap water comes from Severn Trent Water Co. and I'm in Derbyshire, UK

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I checked the website of the company who supply the water in my area to find out if they add fluoride to our water, I'd suggest you do the same.

And contact them directly if the website doesn't give that information!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Silend

Heard this before, and have yet to find a source for the statement. Can you provide 3 sources to back that claim up? I'm not nit-picking you, I am just as anti-fluoride as anyone who is educated on the subject, but this is a statement that I personally have found little credibility behind.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradisepurple
I checked the website of the company who supply the water in my area to find out if they add fluoride to our water, I'd suggest you do the same.

And contact them directly if the website doesn't give that information!

Generally speaking, a company doesn't supply water to a city; it's a public utility. The city's website under the public works department area should have all the information handy as far as fluoridation and whatnot.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil
They put it in our water, FYI our tap water comes from Severn Trent Water Co. and I'm in Derbyshire, UK

Same here, and its horrible !! We only drink Buxton bottled water....
For years now i have only used flouride free tooth paste...seems strange to me why it say's on a tube of tooth paste 'if ingested, seek medical advice' ??

No wonder the country's gone to pot !

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well, where are the actual studies that state ANY fluoride has any benefit to your teeth.
fluoride is a byproduct of the aluminum industry that they cant dispose of.
Everything I have read says not a benefit at all
on the water issue,, drinking it is damaging to your body and mind,.
also wrecks your sex drive and causes a slight sense of stupidity.
look up antidepressants and it ingredients.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I know that where I live they definitely put fluoride in the water.

I was at the dentist a few weeks ago and they must have told me at least four separate times during the teeth cleaning that I should drink tap water for the fluoride in it.
Not so much that I should buy some kind of fluoride rinse - but that I should drink the tap water. (Needless to say, I bought a fluoride rinse... I'm not drinking the tap.)

But what gave me pause was literally how many times they told me I had to drink the tap water, even pausing to mention that I should avoid bottled water since it doesn't have fluoride.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The short answer is yes, yes they do. I work at a water treatment facility as an operator so I see it first hand.

The real question is whether hydrofluoricilicic acid (fluoride) is harmful. Fluoride occurs natually in every lake, river, and stream in the world. It has a peculiar and very helpful property, that of course being that it helps to prevent tooth decay. Now, depending on the water supply where your municipality gets it's raw water the natural occurrence of fluoride may differ. If it's low they will likely add fluoride to bring it up to what the government considers safe levels.

I don't believe fluoride is harmful in the quantities in which we are being exposed to it (which for our plant is about 4 parts per million.), in larger quantities it would absolutely be harmful as it is a highly corrosive acid.

Tap water is perfectly safe. I hope this helps.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Jaydee055 because: Edited for spelling error.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silend

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Silend

I've been drinking out of the tap for a long time.

But my IQ it not lower that it was.. i've read on wikipedia that they said that your IQ will get lower to or something like that..

High concentrations of Fluoride will do that, 4 mg. There should not be any more than 0,2 mg in the drinking water.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join