It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

spring 2011 please post your BEE report for your areas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It would be interesting to overlay on a map sometime the reports of bees and the areas with information about the crops in the area and whether or not the use of suspect pesticides are being used on crops there, and how heavily.

Ive only been in Tennessee, but I can say that in my short time here, I have noticed that people use a LOT of pesticides. This is bug heaven here. Its also plant heaven too, which is why I moved here, but I have never seen people more enthusiastic about poisoning the crap out of their homes and yards.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
N Ohio - I've seen bumble bees, but so far zero honey bees this spring. Granted, ours has been a cool, wet spring, so we're hardly in full bloom... but the annuals are up and the dandelions are everywhere, so there is nectar to be had for sure.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'm also in Western Washington State also (and yes, things are in bloom), but no bees

Just one sad looking wasp that kept banging into our sliding glass door from outside over and over yesterday afternoon.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
No more bees in Australia, Melbourne. There were mass die-offs occuring in my garden and everywhere i went in my area, about a month ago. Now i see none, most probably cause the temperatures are so low atm.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Huntsville, AL. Have seen lots of bumble bees and wasps but not one honey bee.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hi
Norfolk UK we are a little luckier. Most of the 6 top bumblebees, several huneybees including two drones. A few wasps including a queen. Fruit trees have been polinated with small apricots, cherries and plums.
For info a good site is Bumblebees

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
South west Pennsylvania (near Pittsburgh) here...

I have seen bumble bees; wasps (a nest is being built on one of my front windows); NO honeybees. My tulips and daffodils have bloomed (as has an azalea bush; and a cherry tree). We have a bumper crop of dandelions...so we should have alot more bees.

Sadly, my first 'nature' encounter on the first day of warmth here (about a month ago) was my horrific find of termites and their useless wings on the same window sill/side of house that they crawl out of each spring (for the last two years). Tried to eradicate them myself (cannot afford an exterminator)...but alas...they keep reappearing each spring.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join