It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

spring 2011 please post your BEE report for your areas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Do you have ANY bees?

its spring here in western WASHINGTON state.

and i have NO BEES in my cherry trees..

its blooming!!! full flowers open and "ripe" but no servicing by bees..

how are the bees where your at??

update***
ca.news.yahoo.com...

"""Several thousand bees that were part a multi-million pound neuroscience research project have been stolen from a British university."""
edit on 5/10/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

I have seen many bumble bees and a bit of wasps.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Northern Western NY here. Have seen bumble bees, wasps and a smathering of honey bees thus far. Let's hope the honey bees are making some kind of a come back.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman
Im in northern R.I and I landscape so I had to reply.
I have seen 2 bumblebees and no honey/hornets/wasps anything else.It is taking longer than usual to warm up over here though.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Not as many Bees as last year, but the Wasps seem to out earlier here in South West England.

We have an Apple and Pear tree, with plenty of blossom, so why aren't they being visited by the Bees? A worrying sign.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
CT

saw a few bumblebees and a few honeybees so far, and a few wasps

but it's been dreary and i haven't been out much

i would say below normal though

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

I have seen a total of 5 bees since the start of spring. I have been making a point to keep an eye out for them out of curiosity. Out of the 5 i have seen 3 were dead on my doorstep, not sure from what tho.
Southern New Brunswick, Canada

(1st post ever!! been lurking for a while just never have anything intelligent to add to anything till now)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Nashville TN,

Normal amounts of bumbles, some wasps, (but less than last year) and only two honey's all spring, even with a yard full of clover.

Last year in the spring there were quite a few and they dropped off a good deal by mid summer almost being not apparent by late summer. This spring, they just arent really showing up in any numbers.

Oh, and I keep a good eye out too, I walk in the yard barefoot, in the clover, so I am pretty vigilant.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Indiana.
I haven't really been looking, but just yesterday and today I noticed a few bumble bees that were close enough to earn my attention. Only 3 or maybe 4 of em though.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Dallas, TX

I've had plenty of honey bees pollinating my blueberry bushes and many other vegetables in my gardens. Had plenty last year as well. Honestly I haven't seen much of a decline over the years. That's not to say there is not a decline, it's just that it is not so noticeable here.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by awh666

welcome!! thanks for posting!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
OC So Cal, bees all around the pool.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
New Brunswick(canada not jersey), haven't seen any so far. Although it hasn't really been warm here as of yet, so not too worried about it yet.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

thanks aggie!! no KILLER BEES?in Texas? LOL
edit on 5/10/11 by darrman because: spellinglish

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Im in Alberta and so far havent seen any bee's as of yet.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

are your Flowers blooming ..UP there?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Long-time Southwestern MO inhabitant here,

Despite the vast amounts of rain and late arrival of warm weather, I actually saw quite a few honeybees frequenting the area. Not too many wasps, but the bugs are definately in season now! Add too it the high number of gnats, and I dont doubt that there's going to be plenty of standing water left around for the misquitos to breed in...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Bee report for clearwater, FL....

What bees?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Well, over here in Eastern Washington my yard is buzzing; no issues at all. Do you plant flowers to attract them in? They seem to really like my Easter lilies, and the calla lilies as well. We also have lots of bushes for them as well.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Here in northern California I’ve only see a couple of honey bees around the house but out in the local parks and rec. areas I’ve seen and had quite a few close encounters with bumble bees. Not seeing too many honey out there though. The strange part I have to add is, I went and did some early kayaking in lake don pedro back in January. While I was there the water was spotted with dying honey bees. They were trying to fly, but too weak to get out of the water. They were just spinning in circles creating small whirl pools, with the water still you could see the whirl pools all over the lake. When I came ashore on the eastern side of the reservoir i found something more shocking to me. While unloading my lunch from my boat I look down and realized I was kneeling in a line of dead bees formed on the shore that washed up. It shocked me cause the line was about 4 inches thick and stretched out the whole 100 or so yards of that section of shore line. I investigated after lunch and found that a mile down many of the sections of that shore side had the same affect. There were thousands of dead bees and out of season if I’m correct. Just figured I’d share.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join