It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: French troops head to Sudanese border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Approximately 200 French troops that are currently stationed in Chad will be helping in the relief effort across the border in Sudan. They are helping in a conflict that started last year when black Sudanese rebels attacked government property.

edition.cnn.com

The move came after the U.N. Security Council voted for a resolution implicitly threatening to impose sanctions if the government of Sudan does not stop atrocities in Darfur within 30 days.

"This is the last thing we wanted to do," U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. John Danforth said, "but the government has left us with no choice."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Could this turn into something worse?

Over one million civilians have been left homeless under the government of Sudan and it is time to put a stop to it.

Hopefully, they CAN put a stop to it.

[edit on 8-1-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 1-8-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The French huh?

I'll bet that just scared the hell out of the Janjaweed when they heard about it.

Might as well tell them they have air massing at their border, it sounds more intimidating.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Diss the French if you want but I wouldn't diss their special forces. What they did in Algeria makes Abu Grahbi seem like a tea party. Tough and ruthless.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
Diss the French if you want but I wouldn't diss their special forces. What they did in Algeria makes Abu Grahbi seem like a tea party. Tough and ruthless.

Did you use French and the words tough and ruthless in the same thread? Wow...can you find a link to info on that. Id like to see when the French were "Tough and Ruthless". Im not diss'n, im just amazed.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
GSG-9, nuff said...err kinda.. lol

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
wha..what? GSG-9? that german!
you mean thier para's and navy GROUFUMACO and airforce GFCA they have like 3 civie special forces as well for some reason.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Of all the people to take military action the French!
Talk about suprises. Well I'll be suprised if the French can do to much for guerilla warfare.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Of all the people to take military action the French!
Talk about suprises. Well I'll be suprised if the French can do to much for guerilla warfare.

the french are always taking military action in africa. guess no one remembers the american school children and teachers they rescued in sierra leone in 2002.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crazyhorse
The French huh?
Might as well tell them they have air massing at their border, it sounds more intimidating.

Im confused does massing mean the same as retreat? If not then this report is clearly in error. Are we sure they are actully advancing on a battle front?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Instead of lashing out on the French, conmend them for thier actions. It takes alot of courage and heart to do the things they have. They may have been at the short end of the stick, but in recent times, they have showed great fortitude.

Deep

new topics

top topics

join