It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Clouds in Western New York (High Quality Photo's) Updated w/ chemtrail twist

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your pics. I always have enjoyed watching the clouds, beginning as a kid and still like the natural beauty of our world around us. I've never personally seen couds like these, although I've seen many rainbows over my lifetime, even a double rainbow a couple times. I have no opinion on whether or not they preclude earthquakes but have heard that theory. Hopefully, these are only a beautiful, natural phenomena in the sky and nothing else. Have a great day!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
not to burst anyone's earthquake bubble but those are nice examples of cloud irisation which are perfectly normal.

Here are some more nice examples

cloud irisation

and a few links to some other sites

link 1
link 2
link 3
link 4

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Anytime light passes through water droplet in the atmosphere, from some angle of observation, there is a rainbow. The light is refracted. There is nothing exceptional in the photos. I live in So. Cal. and have been through several large quakes and many moderate quakes (7.0+/7.0-). I have never seen Earthquake Lights...

Somehow I doubt that NY, with no major fault lines, would be displaying this very rare or potentially non-existant phenomenon.

You're seeing clouds refracting sunlight, that's all.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bdizzl3
reply to post by KevinB

Wow great pictures, and some potential chem-trails to boot. I had a feeling at the exact moment that 7.1 earthquake occurred that there was a big one, went to check and was glad to see it was in the middle of the ocean. Those coulds are really interesting though.

Edit: Oh and if those are chem-trails and you have time to sky watch, try to take pictures of that area for the next few hours and see how the trail dissipate and spread out into that lovely haze many of us have known to expect.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Bdizzl3 because: (no reason given)

I actually did happen to have the time so I updated the post and added photo's one hour after the originals, enjoy. P.S, I do believe those were chemtrails because the sky was completely clear before those plains came through about 20 minutes before the original photo's of the earthquake clouds

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Here is answer ..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dalke07
Here is answer ..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting, I have always believed in a connection between solar activity and earthquakes. And I could see that type of activity causing these cloud formation, but I'm not sure.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KevinB

Photos of clouds and contrails.

WHY select such an incorrect and misleading thread title? There are NO "Earthquake Clouds" and no "chem"-trails.

What's left? Science. As pointed out.....is it that difficult to research these phenomena?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by KevinB

Photos of clouds and contrails.

WHY select such an incorrect and misleading thread title? There are NO "Earthquake Clouds" and no "chem"-trails.

What's left? Science. As pointed out.....is it that difficult to research these phenomena?

They are called Earthquake Clouds, it was not misleading and I clearly stated that I do not believe in a correlation between them and earthquakes, if you don't believe they are called that just type the name into google images and see what comes up, maybe you should do some research and read the WHOLE OP before posting an arrogant and baseless criticism.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wow --- beautiful !!!! You should submit them to the Cloud Appreciation Society. But label them correctly CIRROCUMULUS (IRIDESCENT). You've caught something beautiful Nature delivers freely.

When contrails expand slowly it might be sign of certain humidity conditions up there that may develop to overcast in the following hours but are those conditions and NOT THE CONTRAILS what causes it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hate to burst your bubble, but those are not earthquake clouds at all. Its simply iridescence in cirrus clouds, which occurs when sunlight diffracts and refracts of ice crystals, which cirrus clouds are built out of. It also occurs in lower clouds which are comprised of super cooled water droplets

www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KevinB

I base the remark of no "EQ Clouds" on the science....and the only claims to their existence stems from superstitious misunderstanding (from centuries past....the ideas may have originated from 16th or 17th century China).

The science and comprehension of meteorology, and atmospheric interactions show no correlation....not in true studies....as compared to the fantastical beliefs, of mere coincidence. Claims of so-called "EQ Clouds" seen up to months prior to a seismic event? It's a bit like saying that if a seagull flies past your beach house, a wave will roll ashore.....NO *cause and effect*, except in imagination.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KevinB

Right on thanks
Those are really cool pictures

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I live in the hudson valley in new york, I was driving in new windsor today on route 9w and I saw what appeared to be a rocket going up and slightly to the north coming from the direction of west point. I say rocket because the direction of this object was more up than straight and it went up into the dark part of the sky until it could no longer be seen. I could see a light or a reflection at the top of it and there were two trails coming off it. A plane flew by and was only near the bottom of the smoke trail. I couldn't take a picture, I was driving and there was no were to pull over, by the time I did most of the smoke was gone and the rocket or missile or whatever it was was gone. My girlfriend was with me as well and witnessed it too. I'm posting it in this topic because it's not worthy of a topic on it's own but it's in the same place on the same day as these events. I'm bugged out. >_

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KevinB

Seen a little of the "earthquake" clouds today just as I was going into work, Utica N.Y. Odd thing is at 2:15PM we had crystal clear skies. Then the apporx, 3
M the jet's chem trails started showing. There were three going east to west then two going South west to North east. By 3:30PM we had a full hazy overcast cover. Don't know if it's any help or not to ya.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I was just reading this post and went outside to smoke when I was finished. to my surprise there were a ton of "earthquake clouds" in my view. also at the same time there were at least two planes making chemtrails around the same place as the clouds. I have never seen clouds like those before in my life around here. I live in San Rafael, California and after seeing them it started making me wonder about them showing up before earthquakes. California is expecting another big one anyways and I also see all the reports today about Rome freaking out thinking something big is going to happen. I took a bunch of pics but you can't really see what kind of clouds they are. I would post them but not sure how to.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Sorry for being slow..

I don't know much about this but why are they called "earth quake clouds" do they really only just appear when an earth quake is going to happen or is it a cloud that can occur without an earthquake but has just acquired that name for whatever reason?

Also..is there another cloud similar to this that is by a different name?

The reason I ask is because I see these clouds a lot, me and a friend first noticed them during our road trips, some are rather large and some we could only notice when wearing sun glasses, This was up and down the east coast, NYC,NJ,VA,MD all the way down to FL.

We also have them all over here in Florida quite often for as long as I lived here.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

Its sounds like you are talking about Halo's or something. The colours and halo effects are all caused by ice crystals and water droplets refracting sunlight, depending on the angle and size and angle of the ice, or droplets.

Pics would help too

FYI, the earthquake clouds phenomen is still very dubious

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KevinB

Pretty pictures and makes you wonder,we will soon know all. It is weird after these skies looking like this,earthquakes close by.Just today 3 earthquakes and more ahead.beware and be safe,and pray.english.ruvr.ru...://english.cri.cn/6966/2011/05/10/2724s636447.htm,Macquarie Island: USGS
2011-05-10 04:56:03 ,www.washingtonpost.com... .html,SOUTH PACIFIC,IN THE RING OF FIRE.www.guardian.co.uk... ROME,SO BEWARE USA,ITS EVERYWHERE.THIS HAPPEN JUST TODAY.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by KevinB

Originally posted by zookey

So, where is the HIGH QUALITY photos?

Especially since its on a .us domain.

First of all, compared to the usual grainy photo's on ATS, these are high quality. Second, I didn't have my canon 5d on me so I couldn't shoot it in large format, damn shame too because these clouds are rare and I might have been able to sell some photos. I have no idea about .us domain being a factor in image quality, try again and maybe try to just enjoy some nice photo's

Not too rare as of late been seeing massive reports all around the world as of late
beautiful photos though thanks for sharing s+f from me.
Sarahrae

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Wow... so many people are so quick to dismiss this as normal clouds. Here in San Antonio, I witnessed the same effect about a week ago. I went outside around 11am and the skies were clear, except for about 8 "chemtrails" streaking across the sky. In less than an hour, the chemtrails had grown larger and formed a nasty haze in the sky. This was followed by a large halo around the sun that lasted for at least three hours. I'm sure these things occur naturally, but I'm also positive they can be produced by man. Don't believe me? Test the rain. You'll probably find large amounts of non-naturally occurring aluminum and barium. It also leaves nasty particles on the car, and eye-wear, that requires some scrubbing to remove.

So whether this happens naturally, or not, is not the issue. Because it does happen naturally. The big question is... Why is it happening so frequently, and why is it preceeded by chemtrails? Put two and two together and dig your heads out of the mud baby... put flowers in the mud baby... overground

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join