It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crack Pipes being sold in Dollar Stores in Detroit

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Crack Pipes being sold in Dollar Stores in Detroit

detroit.cbslocal.com

Be careful of what’s being sold under the counter.
Crack pipes are being sold at neighborhood stores from Detroit to the suburbs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Just unreal what people will try to get away with. And it was LOTS of stores doing it, so the market must be lucrative. Now the police have to ask for what's behind the counter, then figure out if it has another use. It's not like the police don't have enough going on that they have time to try to figure out these kinds of "dual use" of products.

detroit.cbslocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
They sell them in head shops in Philadelphia.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

Yeah.

Then again, maybe if they focused on importers, producers, and dealers - instead of users and paraphernalia - they'd actually accomplish something worthwhile, if they don't have more serious crimes to be investigating otherwise.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It's a device that could be used for many different things. A tool only becomes a weapon in certain hands.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Not surprised. You can get them at shops in almost any city or larger towns.

You can buy them from street vendors in Vegas...right next to the baby novelties and shot glasses!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Yeah and so what? Crackheads are going to smoke crack, now they dont have to steal your lightbulbs to do it. Big deal a peice of glass oh no its the end of the world.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Its just another way for the government to regulate something. Crackheads are the MacGyvors of drug use. They can take just about anything and turn it into a smoking utensil. They sell those flowers in glass tubes at gas stations. I don't remember seeing the sign saying "buy one crack pipe and get a pretty flower free".

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The illegal drug business is a 380 Billion Dollar a year business, it's the largest cash business in the world.

Even the oil companies don't rake in that kind of cash as they do most of their business on credit.

Keeping drugs illegal creates a thriving black market that sustains many urban inner city areas that suffer from high unemployment.

It also leads to violence that often results in the elimination of 'undesirable elements' of society and those termed as 'worthless eaters'.

While there is no denying there is a huge shortage of job opportunities for those who want to legally work, there is also no denying that a fastly growing private corporate prison complex is growing in the United States that puts those who run afoul of the drug laws to work for pennies an hour, laboring at producing products and services, that the corporations make a huge profit at that own and run these prisons, in part because the prisoners basic upkeep is paid by the tax payer and the state.

Many believe crack coc aine was an invention aimed at causing such ends in overpopulted inner cities amongst the poor and minorities and was introduced by the CIA.

There is much evidence to support that as part of the Arms for Hostages, Iran Contra Scandal where CIA flights out of Opa Locka Airport in Florida went out with arms and came back with coc aine, sold in Los Angeles to people like Freeway Ricky Ross who was taught to make Crack Cocaine from it by people associated with the CIA importing the coc aine on those flights.

So with some of the worst unemployment in the nation, and a huge urban, minority population, is it coincidence that crack pipes can be bought for a dollar at neighborhood stores?

Or is it all part of the Security and Prison Industrial Complexes and Corporations plans to control, cull, and manage the population for maxim profit?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Some gas stations have pot and crack pipes here in the DFW area.

I don't see the big deal. Druggies tend to get creative when they don't have a means to use their goodies.

It's super easy to create a pipe.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Simple solution

Any establishment selling such items that are illegal on a state by state level should have their license as a business revoked and not allowed to conduct business with the public for a minimum of 10 years. Simple solution to a simple problem.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

I've seen crack pipes, at a gas station, here in Florida.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is NOT breaking news, they have been selling those things in stores all across America for a long time.

They are NOT crack pipes, they are glass tubes with roses in them and ball point pens.

Like a previous poster said, drug addicts can turn pretty much anything into paraphernalia. Glass tubes with roses are not a problem, drugs are. Because of crap like this next thing you know valentines day will be illegal. Also, all the idiots on here will believe it, regurgitate it and Americans will never hear the end of it.

Bad OP.

edit on 10-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
From Virginia heading south I can say that I've seen them flowers in glass sold on the counters at convenience stores for the past 10 years or longer. I guess if they are keeping them under the counter it's because they don't want them to get stolen. I used to work at 7 eleven and people used to steal from it so bad they finally closed that location. It's sad that more important issues aren't being discusssed or investigated. Like the flooding and Japan.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
"Be careful of what’s being sold under the counter"? Really? Are they going to jump out and bite me?

They sell them in gas stations here too, if you go to the right (or wrong) part of town.

They also sell glass "tobacco" bowls at lots of gas stations here, that you know are going to be used for marijuana at least 95% of the time.

And if you go digging through dumpsters near trailer parks, you'll probably find a home-made meth lab.

edit on 10-5-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
And why couldn't they do that here? Makes me sick!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
@mod,

perhaps my comment was too much of a brainteaser to understand but it was relevant. Let me explain.

When someone takes offense in the sales of an item that can possibly be used to support a habit it shows that the society he lives in is already twisted. Then when looking back at the history of his society you can clearly compare the prohibition with criminalizing recreational drugs. We all know how that went, and the US/world is still in the tentacles of the mafia that grew exponentially during those days. Now this is where the wallmart / therapy remark comes in... to most of the civilized world it's extremist to sell weapons in a store like that, and the percentage of kids in therapy is also a sign of this extremist behavior.

Now you might not agree with my comments but at least try to understand a post before you remove it. Sometimes people are ventilating their thoughts on a different level but we'll get there

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Don't forget that heroin addicts can turn in their used needles/syringes at thousands of locations nationwide for new needles/syringes, in many cases they are absolutely FREE!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Simple solution

Any establishment selling such items that are illegal on a state by state level should have their license as a business revoked and not allowed to conduct business with the public for a minimum of 10 years. Simple solution to a simple problem.

Not so simple.

The items being sold are not illegal.

As you can see in the article, they are glass tubes with flowers in them, pens, etc.

I can't wait to see what legislation you will be scrambling to come up with, to outlaw glass tubes with flowers, pens, etc. Jesus, George Orwell's book is actually starting to sound pleasant.

If you don't sell a crack head a crack pipe, they're just going to use a light bulb or something else. And using a light bulb improperly could kill someone because there is some toxic chemical in it. Then you might say, "well then there'd just be less crackheads," but if dying from drug use is preferable to you, then why not just fully legalize crack?

The hypocrisy and plain stupidity of dealing with drug users with "brute force" legal action, etc. has never worked, and never will work. All it does is cost billions in tax dollars, fill our prisons to the brim, and deny people proper medical treatment that could be provided with even less money. But whatever. You just keep thinking and doing like you always have, and the problem will do the same for you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join