It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non Duality, Right and Left Paradigm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Source...

du·al·i·ty    /duˈælɪti, dyu-/ Show Spelled[doo-al-i-tee, dyoo-] Show IPA –noun 1. a dual state or quality. 2. Mathematics . a symmetry within a mathematical system such that a theorem remains valid if certain objects, relations, or operations are interchanged, as the interchange of points and lines in a plane in projective geometry.

Source...

Dualism denotes a state of two parts. The word's origin is the Latin duo, "two". The term 'dualism' was originally coined to denote co-eternal binary opposition, a meaning that is preserved in metaphysical and philosophical duality discourse but has been diluted in general or common usages.

So is non duality objective reasoning? Seeing the all in everything?

Most of what i read on ATS expresses duality, which is exactly what we are defeating here.
edit on 10-5-2011 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I dont understand, but I'd like to...can you exspand on that?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Non duality is not chosing sides persay. If i am seeing the all in everything then i am not seeing the good or bad about it. I am seeing it for what it is. The essence of its being is in it being and not in its expression of self.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yes.

To have a non-dual (Advaita) mind (citta) is to be beyond the left and right paradigm (samsara). This is enlightenment (nirvana).

top topics

join