It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sighting Sunday Night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So I was driving home from dropping my Grandma off after mothers day, sitting in the passenger seat of my car (mom was driving), and I see two reaalllly bright lights in the sky. We were right around Miami Intl Airport so I thought they were just incoming planes. One was slightly up and to the right of the other.

Anyway, I didnt say anything to my mom, but then all of a sudden one of the lights just went out. I start looking at the other light, and sure enough it goes out not even a minute later. It didn't just disappear though, it went out in like 2 or 3 seconds, as if it dimmed down almost.

I thought it was interesting at least, anyone else seen something like this?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hey, sounds like what I have been seeing. Here is a link to my thread with possible explanations in the replies

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yeah it sounds like you saw something odd, not planes and such. Could be lanterns but only you would know. Keep your eyes open maybe something else might come along.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by anydaynow18
So I was driving home from dropping my Grandma off after mothers day, sitting in the passenger seat of my car (mom was driving), and I see two reaalllly bright lights in the sky. We were right around Miami Intl Airport so I thought they were just incoming planes. One was slightly up and to the right of the other.

Anyway, I didnt say anything to my mom, but then all of a sudden one of the lights just went out. I start looking at the other light, and sure enough it goes out not even a minute later. It didn't just disappear though, it went out in like 2 or 3 seconds, as if it dimmed down almost.

I thought it was interesting at least, anyone else seen something like this?

Sounds like you saw planes with their landing lights on turning away from you as they changed their approach for landing.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MiTS1965

Or it could have been a couple of military jets using afterburners on take off. Hanging around such a big and busy airport I would have to think it was very terrestrial in nature. Now if you were out in the boonies and saw this then any additional speculation would have some weight.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies. Was not military jets though I can tell you that much. Dont think it was landing planes either, considering the airport was to my right and these were on the left, they would have been coming towards me. These were just hanging in air for a couple minutes at least, then just faded out, without moving. We'll never know for sure and we can speculate all we want, thought it was interesting though..

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Thanks for the replies. Was not military jets though I can tell you that much. Dont think it was landing planes either, considering the airport was to my right and these were on the left, they would have been coming towards me. These were just hanging in air for a couple minutes at least, then just faded out, without moving. We'll never know for sure and we can speculate all we want, thought it was interesting though..

Glad to see your common sense is working. Rare around here... and no, we will probably never truly know what they were. I have seen many things I just had to shrug off due to a severe lack of observable data. Pure unknowns, per se. Just have to eventually accept the fact that sometimes we just won't know (not believe) what we are looking at and leave it at that instead of creating something in out of thin air just to make sense of it.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Airplanes go into holding patterns They line up at the opposite end of the airfield from which the wind is blowing (thats a generalisation - the wind could be coming from any direction) but they follow a circular pattern as they descend so their lights appear and disappear as they drop down and turn. It can appear that they are stationary and then disappear.

Its the way airplanes appear depending on your viewing angle.

It does not automatically mean it id an alien spacecraft.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ive seen similar things myself and it wasnt no plane!

top topics

join