It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wilders controversial crusade against 'Islamic ideology' continues

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by steven704

You should check your history, Europe up until the last 200 years or so was characterised by perpetual religious war, people went to war over Christianity, not to mention the crusades.

There has been just as much murder and mayhem in the name of Christianity as there has in any other religion. No religion teaches perpetual warfare, it's people's misinterpretations which cause war and killing in the name of religion.

edit on 17-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

the koran instructs and encourages followers to lie. ( check my link )
the koran ' demands ' violence and bloodshed in the name of islam. ( GOOGLE ' muslims kill ' or ' muslims murder ' including the year and see proof for yourselves.
Christians do not murder in the name of Christ.. He never instructed murder and bloodshed and THAT IS WHY.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Muslims aren't permitted to lie, they're permitted to withold the truth in the interests of peace and to conceal their faith if they are faced with extreme danger. I've posted in your thread about the quotes you used.
The Quran doesn't demand violence either, it permits Muslims to fight in wars only when they are persecuted and face violence themselves. When they fight in wars they aren't allowed to fight after the other side ceases hostilities and they aren't allowed to 'transgress' limits set by God i.e. not allowed to kill non combatants etc. Further more the Quran explicitly states that whoever kills one innocent person will be judged as if they have killed all of humanity.

You keep going on about 'true Christians', the people who fought in the crusades devoted their entire life to their religion, the people who blow up abortion clinics and murder doctors follow their religion with complete conviction, enough to kill for it.

Every religion has been misinterpreted, Christianity, Islam, Judaism all have histories filled with violence and chaos.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Please read my previous post above.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

no breakdown. a sadness for the unbelieving and joy for the believing.

You know religion in the Western world is on its final legs right? You religious folks are going to hold your heart in six to seven years when the rug is pulled from underneath your feet. Yes breakdown, it's a matter of time for you...unless you have developed such stubbornness as to ignore reality.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

no breakdown. a sadness for the unbelieving and joy for the believing.

You know religion in the Western world is on its final legs right? You religious folks are going to hold your heart in six to seven years when the rug is pulled from underneath your feet. Yes breakdown, it's a matter of time for you...unless you have developed such stubbornness as to ignore reality.

The truth is Christ is the Only Begotten Son of the living GOD. this scares many who deny this.
you do realize when i post .. you always feel an urgency to post directly after me.. im not suprised.
though your fear and denial will not save you.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Ephesians 2:15 (King James Version) " Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; "

Well, Jesus did not say,"I have abolished the law"... in fact he said the exact opposite. I know its easy to listen to the words of someone who *claimed* to have had a vision of Jesusl, but being christian and all, it would make better sense for you to listen to Jesus CHRIST (after whom, "christianity" is named).

THERE is a very good reason you cannot find mass killings/murders by Followers of Christ.

Actually, very recently, there was a card-carrying christian leader who perpetrated a mass killing that would utterly dwarf the numbers of killings carried out by muslim extremists in recent times.

His name is George W. Bush. He claimed that he was asked by God to carry out attacks in Afghanistan and Iraq, which led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of muslims.

www.guardian.co.uk...
www.independent.co.uk...
www.nzherald.co.nz...

If you are going to reply by saying that George W.Bush was not a christian... then those muslims who have killed people are not actually muslims either.

edit on 21-5-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

you obviously are making false claims against the words of Christ.

Geoerge bush ' stating ' GOD said anything at all is irrelevant in this matter at hand.
These is not scripture and your unlearned understanding forfeit.

you do not speak truth , but seek to entertain with irrelevant claims.
apparently anti-christian will agree with you. of course they do.

im not here to debate you. simply to tell you you are very wrong and your heart elsewhere.

the quran also encourages lying. this atom bomb of information should be delivered to the masses. this neither is up for debate.. these stone cold facts are easily seen with the Holy Sirit of GOD.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

you obviously are making false claims against the words of Christ.

No I am not. Would you like me to show you the verse where he said every bit of the law would remain?

Also, its funny you say "words of christ" and then go on to quote words from Ephesians, written by Paul- someone who only claimed to have had a vision of Christ.

Geoerge bush ' stating ' GOD said anything at all is irrelevant in this matter at hand.
These is not scripture and your unlearned understanding forfeit.

First recall that you claimed that one cannot find mass killings/murders by Followers of Christ.,
(refer to your own post here www.abovetopsecret.com...)

So bringing up George W.Bush is relevant in this case, considering he caused the mass-killings of hundreds of thousands of people.

the quran also encourages lying. this atom bomb of information should be delivered to the masses.

While you are at it, also deliver to the masses that the bible encourages killing of women and children in a war, genocide, incest etc. I mean, you know its all there, right?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I know I'm singling you out here when plenty of people are spewing out the same stuff, perhaps because you attempt to feign an intellectual approach.

Living in a muslim country I make the distinction between practising and cultural muslims, a cultural one is brought up within an Islamic background but doesnt really follow the faith to any great degree or believe in the ideaology. Very much like most christians myself included.

Fair enough, though you fail to recognise practising Muslims that aren't violent fundamentalists.

But it is true that Islam (true Islam) believes the world needs to follow the Prophet Mohhamed (PBUH) and they can either willingly convert or be brought to it by the sword which is kinda funny coz the koran also says there should be no compulsion in religion.

Not that is not true at all, with regards to bringing non-Muslims to Islam by the sword. Every single religion in the world:

a) believes that they are 100% spot on with the truth and that every other religion is either partially or totally wrong.
b) wants to maximise the number of followers their religion has.

Islam is not alone in this.

Most Muslims are very nice people, very friendly, very welcoming but their belief system is waaaaayyyyy out of touch with the modern world.
Women are 2nd class citizens, it says in the Koran that a wife is practically property of the husband, yes some will say but in the koran women get rights. Yes they do but not equality.
The burka is a tool for keeping women down and no unbrainwashed sane woman would submit to that kind of treatment.

Wow.. All religions' moral codes are fairly debatable in the modern context. Women are not second class citizens and the rise of Islam correlated with an increased emphasis on women's rights. Similarly, the burqa is not a 'tool for keeping women down', it is a matter of dressing decently and discretely from the Muslim perspective - it keeps people from constantly checking women out, lusting after them etc.

I digress, do not confuse the Burqa with the Abaya. Whereas plenty of Muslim women wear an Abaya (the black dress), very few wear the Burqa - which is very much a matter of choice. The Abaya is quite similar to the clothes nuns wear and to be honest, I do understand the logic behind it - it generally does stop people from perving on them. To condescend Muslim women as 'brainwashed' is extremely hypocritical when you consider the extent to how brainwashed we are all over the world. Look at the way in which our values and 'cultures' are formed and enforced onto us by all forms of mainstream media. One could argue that all over the world, women are brainwashed by fashion, the cult of celebrity, how could they submit themselves to that kind of treatment, etc.

I fully believe if you move to a country you adopt its ways (unless you find them abhorent in which case what are you doing there in the first place) Myself I have changed my lifestyle somewhat since being here and I expect anyone who goes to Australia to do the same.

I have no problem with freedom of religion but when you move to a country, dont change your dress code to fit in, dont change your perceptions on other people etc etc its really just giving a slap to the face of the culture that took you in and most likely gave you a better chance at having a good life.

I don't understand.. Adopt or don't adopt? Many Muslim countries are willing to accomodate non-Muslims and their values, offering places to drink alcohol, lenient laws regarding clothing and similar matters. Why shouldn't non-Muslim countries offer Muslims a platform where they can also live as they choose?

If you are an expatriate wherever you are and whatever culture your from, integrate or get out and go home

Yes, we hear this one a lot - though this arrogantly intolerant line is only ever used against Muslims. I prefer to think along the lines of 'if you are an expatriate - live how you like, but don't try to enforce your own values onto the country in which you reside'.

To be honest, everyone has the 'right' to question and debate all values - even if these are the values of the host country. It's a bit cheeky if you go about it the wrong way, but whatever - you're living in a Muslim country, yet you don't seem to have made much effort to integrate at all! If, by 'integrate', you mean 'drop your own values and perspectives and adopt those of your host country' - that is. May I inquire which Muslim country you live in? It could be anomalous.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

you obviously will disagree. im not suprised. there's no secret as to who will agree with you.

though, the Son of GOD would disagree with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join