It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wilders controversial crusade against 'Islamic ideology' continues

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Wilders controversial crusade against 'Islamic ideology' continues

www.torontosun.com

TORONTO - Canada should ban Islamic schools, outlaw the wearing of burkas and put a stop to the building of mosques, a controversial Dutch politician said on Monday during a stop at Sun News Network.

If Canada wants to protect its democratic freedoms and Western beliefs, it must act now and keep “Islamic ideology” outside of Canada’s borders, said Geert Wilders, leader of Holland’s Freedom Party, during an interview on The Source with Ezra Levant.

“If (Muslims) want to have Islamic culture, (they should) stay in the country where (they) came from,” said Wilders, who is do
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
fullcomment.nationalpo st.com

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Only 20 people were out to protest this madman's anti-Islam ranting. This is just what Canada needs, is more people trying to divide up the country (according to the polls the Quebecois have finally settled down a bit in there wanting to separate, so we seem to be moving into a better direction). Unfortunately, this man is throwing all Islamic people into one group... His ranting reek of hypocrisy and ignorance, have a look for yourselves...

www.torontosun.com

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
20 people showed up only because nobody really cared about him, or even knew he was coming to town.

Despite some of his fears being valid, I do believe he's painting all muslims with one brush which should not be done.

But can you explain to me how he's dividing the country? The Quebecois wanted independence and seperation from Canada. I don't see him proclaiming such a move within the article...
edit on 10-5-2011 by Konstantinos because: typos, grrrr

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Konstantinos

He wants to ban the building of new mosques and to ban the burka. He's dividing the country by spewing hate into minds of people that hopefully aren't that gullible. I do agree, he has some good points, but most it just sounds like the usual anti-Islam spew that we're used to hearing

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hardly controversial. He's more like a sock puppet...no, even that is too much...he is more like a smiley drawn onto the top of one of Netanyahu's fingers. Having said that, you should take note of(if it is of any interest to any of you of course) what message Wilders is preaching when. Usually it's a parrot of recently released Israeli statements. Connection? You tell me.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpreadLoveNotHate

Unfortunately, this man is throwing all Islamic people into one group...

www.torontosun.com

No, he is not. Wilders is exposing the Islamic ideology for what it truly is. He is NOT singling anyone out or a group out. Just the Ideology of islam!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

I have the article in the newspaper in front of me, its quite longer, and only once does he mention the difference between Islam and Islamism. I agree that Radicalist's of ANY religion are bad, but he's not spreading his word properly, he comes across as extremely anti-islam saying the problems are gonna come from Europe to here. All he's doing is sparking tensions so that if this actually does come to Canada it will be bloodshed

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Painting muslims with one brush...........................because muslims are all required to follow the Koran, sunnah and hadith - there is no choice, no dissention, no apostising - just submission to the direct instructions of allah and the perfect unquestionable example of Muhammeds life.

Islam is not here to co-exist with other faiths, systems or beliefs - it is here to replace,conquer and subdue them by any means neccesary or possible.

Most opt for the slow stealth cultural jihad at the moment, whilst they are in a position of weakness.

The so-called tiny minority of extremists are the ones opting for the fast jihad of terrorising the infidels into submission.

The enemy is not muslims........it is the ideology of ISLAM!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Only 20 people were out to protest this madman's anti-Islam ranting. This is just what Canada needs, is more people trying to divide up the country (according to the polls the Quebecois have finally settled down a bit in there wanting to separate, so we seem to be moving into a better direction). Unfortunately, this man is throwing all Islamic people into one group... His ranting reek of hypocrisy and ignorance, have a look for yourselves...

www.torontosun.com

Trust me this stuff would not fly in Quebec they are sick of the BS so sick they voted out the block. They sent a clear message and voted in NDP across the board. No CONS no LIBS enough of the self serving crooks. Too bad the rest of Canada didn't follow assuming it wasnt rigged by the Harperites.
I have enough fate in the rest of us still to let this fool crow his own swan song. Canadians are not going to turn on our Muslims community we never have and bigger fools than this have tried.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
With just a quick read over this thread, and having never heard the man talk, it sounds like he's simply attempting to protect the cultural identity of his country and prevent it from being overrun by an invasive ideology whose dogma includes spreading and taking over. When you shed the unnecessary guilt of the useless precept of political correctness and look at the issue dispassionately, his position is the only one that you'd logically expect someone to take, faced with the destruction or erosion of his culture by one that he, and many others deem incompatible with a proliferation / continuation of life in Western culture.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

He wants to ban the building of new mosques and to ban the burka. He's dividing the country by spewing hate into minds of people that hopefully aren't that gullible. I do agree, he has some good points, but most it just sounds like the usual anti-Islam spew that we're used to hearing

Although I understand your point, and could certainly argue that his fears are valid and his position is still valuable based on freedom of speech, I still do not see him as a threat to the territorial integrity of the country.
Canada would never be partitioned based on this type of ideology into Pro and Anti-Islam seperation.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I wonder what if he would still oppose brown skinned people with beards if they happened to be non-muslim.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Living in a muslim country I make the distinction between practising and cultural muslims, a cultural one is brought up within an Islamic background but doesnt really follow the faith to any great degree or believe in the ideaology. Very much like most christians myself included.

But it is true that Islam (true Islam) believes the world needs to follow the Prophet Mohhamed (PBUH) and they can either willingly convert or be brought to it by the sword which is kinda funny coz the koran also says there should be no compulsion in religion.

Most Muslims are very nice people, very friendly, very welcoming but their belief system is waaaaayyyyy out of touch with the modern world.
Women are 2nd class citizens, it says in the Koran that a wife is practically property of the husband, yes some will say but in the koran women get rights. Yes they do but not equality.
The burka is a tool for keeping women down and no unbrainwashed sane woman would submit to that kind of treatment.

I fully believe if you move to a country you adopt its ways (unless you find them abhorent in which case what are you doing there in the first place) Myself I have changed my lifestyle somewhat since being here and I expect anyone who goes to Australia to do the same.

I have no problem with freedom of religion but when you move to a country, dont change your dress code to fit in, dont change your perceptions on other people etc etc its really just giving a slap to the face of the culture that took you in and most likely gave you a better chance at having a good life.

If you are an expatriate wherever you are and whatever culture your from, integrate or get out and go home
edit on 10-5-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly

Unfortunately, this man is throwing all Islamic people into one group...

www.torontosun.com

No, he is not. Wilders is exposing the Islamic ideology for what it truly is. He is NOT singling anyone out or a group out. Just the Ideology of islam!

Exactly. people are blindly falling into the pit.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Living in a muslim country I make the distinction between practising and cultural muslims, a cultural one is brought up within an Islamic background but doesnt really follow the faith to any great degree or believe in the ideaology. Very much like most christians myself included.

But it is true that Islam (true Islam) believes the world needs to follow the Prophet Mohhamed (PBUH) and they can either willingly convert or be brought to it by the sword which is kinda funny coz the koran also says there should be no compulsion in religion.

Most Muslims are very nice people, very friendly, very welcoming but their belief system is waaaaayyyyy out of touch with the modern world.
Women are 2nd class citizens, it says in the Koran that a wife is practically property of the husband, yes some will say but in the koran women get rights. Yes they do but not equality.
The burka is a tool for keeping women down and no unbrainwashed sane woman would submit to that kind of treatment.

I fully believe if you move to a country you adopt its ways (unless you find them abhorent in which case what are you doing there in the first place) Myself I have changed my lifestyle somewhat since being here and I expect anyone who goes to Australia to do the same.

I have no problem with freedom of religion but when you move to a country, dont change your dress code to fit in, dont change your perceptions on other people etc etc its really just giving a slap to the face of the culture that took you in and most likely gave you a better chance at having a good life.

If you are an expatriate wherever you are and whatever culture your from, integrate or get out and go home
edit on 10-5-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

Mind me asking what muslim country you are from? In Egypt I have been working to save the aniimals of egypt who are tortured beyond the belief of most people no matter what country of origin. It's so horrific, even seasoned professionals are sickend, and its THE NORM.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

You know the Templar Knight on Horseback for your Avatar kind of suggests that you are on a crusade against Islam.

Yet the truth is that people who practice Islam have been living in western cultures for centuries, and the vast majority of them are as westernized as you or I.

While they might pray differently than many westerners, and eat a different diet, and sometimes wear different clothes, like everyone else they immigrate to the west for economic opportunities and the freedom to practice religious freedom.

The idealogy of all three major branches of Abrahamic religions each have apocalyptical ends worked in that eliminate those who don't believe.

Jews, Christians and Muslims all share that as a construct of the religion.

And as your Avatar amply demonstrates, Christians are just as likely to kill Muslims for not believing in the Christian faith as Muslims are to kill Christians for not living by the Muslim faith.

Ironically the spread of Islam into the west that many conservative Christians, Jews and Nationalists fear is in large part a refugee crisis of people looking to escape the violence of war torn countries we attack and actively seek to destabalize in the region.

So in a great irony, people who think like you do, are actually bringing about your own worst fears by supporting and arguing for religious based crusades sold as preemptive wars.

Extremists in all religions is what makes each religion dangerous, yours and yours are certainly no exception to that friend.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You could just not be more wrong! - Islam is here to colonise outbreed and replace Western culture - this is not 'fearmongering' it is just cold hard reality!

May 1, 2006
Lybia's Qadhafi On Al-Jazeera:

"Today, we are correcting human history from here, in Timbuktu." ... "We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe - without swords, without guns, without conquests. The fifty million Muslims of Europe will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades. ... "Allah mobilizes the Muslim nation of Turkey, and adds it to the European Union." [...]

"That's another 50 million Muslims. There will be 100 million Muslims in Europe. Albania, which is a Muslim country, has already entered the E.U." ... "Bosnia, which is a Muslim country, has already entered the E.U. Fifty percent of its citizens are Muslims." [...] "Europe is in a predicament, and so is America. They should agree to become Islamic in the course of time, or else declare war on the Muslims."

www.hyscience.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SigmundFRAUD

I am working and living in Malaysia But Im a Caucasian culturally but not practicing or even believing christian Aussie.

Do you mind if I ask what your refferencing? do you mean Halal butchering or people being cruel to animals for no reason?

Ive seen people do sick stuff plenty of times to animals back in Oz including cats having there eyes super glued, dogs being beaten to death or impaled and left to die over hours, Ive seen videos of Labs where animals are raised to be tortured their whole lives so people can have deodorant.

In China bears are caught in the wild and have tubes inserted into their gall bladders and beaten daily so they secrete a bile that makes a medicine that doesnt do anything.
In Korea they beat and then boil dogs alive because the chemical that comes with pain makes them taste better they think.
In America you guys have about 10 shows dedicated to the horrible stuff people do to their pets.

The list goes on unfortunately and it makes me sick

So can you please enlighten me as to what you see there that is so disgusting you feel the need to single them out to be especially horrendous?

P.s I am not a muslim apologist as I think Islam, Catholicism, Judaism all organised religion is a sham but most IsmISTs (group term for followers of any organised religion) are good people and as long as they know their religion is a personal path I like to be around them.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
When you leave your Country to live in another you should become a part of the Country you move to. Instead of doing this Islam is setup to overtake culture like an infestation from within, no they do not fit in with multiculture society. Live and let live is not a part of Islamic belief, it is the book they follow which paints them all with one brush. This book teaches them Islam must dominate the entire Earth all who do not convert must be put to death.

You can be sure this is truth, its all in there and a whole lot more. Its no suprise why the lies contained within this book are there. If you look into thier prophet muhhamed a troubled child he was, then brainwashed was he. He who loveth a meteorite and slept with men and married a child from within his own family, while removing Christ from his rightfull position and placing himself above him. This makes thier belief system not only a real threat to all who are non muslim it is saying the God of Christians is subordinate to thier prophet thus saying these teachings are antichrist.

God keep our land Glourious and Free, Oh Canada! We stand on guard for thee!

I myself dont see how Islam can ever fit in with that...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have never facepalmed as many times upon reading a thread on ATS than I just did reading some replies here.
So many posts here, especially the ones receiving over9000 stars are directed by fear, ignorance, manipulation and are simply WRONG.

I thought ATS was a place where the more enlightened and open minded people from the Internet did some real THINKING instead of fearing an illusion.
Where are all the moderate Christians, Jews and Atheists? Or are those the ones spewing this kind of bull# and giving each other stars for it.

If somebody needs me, I'll be on the moon- away from the ignorance and fear mongering before this becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

sighhhhh

IT--

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join