It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC Reveals Attack "Stratergy"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
NY Times: August is for ATTACK!

WASHINGTON, July 31 � President Bush's campaign plans to use the normally quiet month of August for a vigorous drive to undercut John Kerry by turning attention away from his record in Vietnam to what the campaign described as an undistinguished and left-leaning record in the Senate.

Sounds good so far. Avoid Vietnam Veteran bashing. Stick to the issues and record.

Mr. Bush's advisers plan to cap the month at the Republican convention in New York, which they said would feature Mr. Kerry as an object of humor and calculated derision.

Wait. Did I just hear a train wreck?

The official response to the Kerry/Edwards positive "hope" rhetoric which hardly mentions Bush at all except to characterize him as a divider and negative attacker, is to "feature Mr. Kerry as an object of humor and calculated derision."

Way to go you crazy optimist inclusionist uniter!

People LOVE that negative stuff!

I can hear the keynote now: Da girly men of de virzt and vorth mozt libral Zenators in die welt vould haf you tink dat Busch is die divider, but dis is not zo. Dey are de waffle eating, flippity floppiting akrobatik ving of die Demokratik pahty with the funni antiks at vich you should laugh now. (pause) Yez, yez. Laff now bekaze itz funni how zey do.

Yes, I'm being "hypocritical" making fun of plan to make fun of Kerry. So what. I'm not on stage. Let's just see how on or off base my characterization is of the coming "republican humor." Bet I'm pretty close.

[Edited on 1-8-2004 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I hate the way these campaigns are being run. Instead of telling me what a candidate is planning to do they just bash their competitors. I am sick of seeing ads on tv saying so-and-so did this and didn't do this, isn't that awful? And to top it off these are "anonymous" ads. Not even a "this ad sponsored by...". They're like a bunch of kids on a playground name calling each other!

Sorry, but I just needed to rant for a moment...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Just like they promised a month ago to "feature Mr. Kerry as an object of humor and calculated derision."

Keynoter Gouliani delivers!!! I just love it when Republicans boo on camera while espousing their "positive" message.

Let's just see how bad this train wreck gets before they trot out Cheney.

My favorite so far was all the delegates wearing band-aids with purple heart's glued on to mock Kerry's service in Vietnam.

Keep it up! Seriously, please.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
You have to watch out for Republicans, they play with knives and claws and fecal matterial. Low slimey blows for the moral high ground.

Karl Rove would be so proud.

Keep those smears comming Rove. (Ive heard rumors about Rovey deposit play)
GW Bush doesn't call him his 'turd blossom' for nothing.

Go Rove, you big fat slimebag.

GD

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
NY Times: August is for ATTACK!

WASHINGTON, July 31 � President Bush's campaign plans to use the normally quiet month of August for a vigorous drive to undercut John Kerry by turning attention away from his record in Vietnam to what the campaign described as an undistinguished and left-leaning record in the Senate.

Sounds good so far. Avoid Vietnam Veteran bashing. Stick to the issues and record.

Mr. Bush's advisers plan to cap the month at the Republican convention in New York, which they said would feature Mr. Kerry as an object of humor and calculated derision.

The official response to the Kerry/Edwards positive "hope" rhetoric which hardly mentions Bush at all except to characterize him as a divider and negative attacker, is to "feature Mr. Kerry as an object of humor and calculated derision."

I can hear the keynote now: Da girly men of de virzt and vorth mozt libral Zenators in die welt vould haf you tink dat Busch is die divider, but dis is not zo. Dey are de waffle eating, flippity floppiting akrobatik ving of die Demokratik pahty with the funni antiks at vich you should laugh now. (pause) Yez, yez. Laff now bekaze itz funni how zey do.

Yes, I'm being "hypocritical" making fun of plan to make fun of Kerry. So what. I'm not on stage. Let's just see how on or off base my characterization is of the coming "republican humor." Bet I'm pretty close.

[Edited on 1-8-2004 by RANT]

Look at the source, and what has actually happened. Don't be led astray by the liberal Media.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
At least the Republicans have a stratergy! They have a coherical Foreign Policy, and their Domesticated Policy ain't too bad, either! Our top goals must be to confront Turrorism wherever we may find it, keep nukular weapons out of the wrong hands, and mention the word "compassion" as often as possible!

The Democrats seem content to have Kerry act like a demagogue and look like a wooden indian, except for the mandatory windsurfing, skiing, riding a Harley, etc. shots, which just make him look like a poseur..........at least he didn't slobber all over his wife at the convention to show what a stud he still is............I suppose that's some consolation.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD
Look at the source, and what has actually happened. Don't be led astray by the liberal Media.

They did what they said they would do.

They tried to make Kerry an object of humiliation. How? By wearing flip flops on their hands and band-aids on their chins.
While one speaker after another talked about Kerry, Kerry, Kerry.

And even I didn't really think Arnold would drop the "girly man" line, but by god he did!

You heard it here first on August 1! Thank you "liberal media"

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Yes, the Kerry campaign has derailed.

The only hope I heard out of the DNC was Kerry hoping no one would notice that he drew a U.S. Senators salary for twenty years without doing anything (including attending), hence the Viet Nam veteran rhetoric.

Way to go you crazy obfuscist dislusionist spiter!

And how�

Actually I�m hearing �Meestuh Prezsudent, I vould like to kongradzulate you onz your lanzlide viktoree over zee girlie men�.

A liberal admitting to being �hypocritical�, take me now Lord, I have seen it all.

new topics

top topics

join