It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealing From Work and Corporations...Good or Bad?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The point i learned, im trying make in my case, is the company will back themselves up, and illegal aliens, simply over being hard workers..so am i. they dont want to get involved in lawsuites. theyde rather get rid of the picke on employee, tagged, callit what you want with legite in company/store problems. what ive learned is..watching them over the years..i seen them do it, why cant i, and get something back for the trouble casued* thats promoted from within ya know?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by NoHierarchy

YOU ARE NOT WELCOME,

I call your bluff right now! What are you going to do about it? Give your best! I'm waiting! I'll bet you do nothing!

you offer ZERO intellect or perspective and only blind obedience to whichever reigning government/economy that employs/directs you.

For starters I'll lay money my intellect is better than yours! The above quote has nothing to do with anything. It's about decency and respect for other people and their property. As I said to the OP I bet your parents are proud they raised someone who condones theft!

My BLUFF?? What are you even talking about? You are a giant bluff all by yourself, I've already pointed this out.

Second of all, I'm almost 100% sure that if I met you in person, it'd be obvious that I was more intelligent than you. It's not a boasting thing, it's just an observable fact. You wanna talk decency and respect, I'm all for it. We're talking about JUSTIFIABLE SHOPLIFTING which is JUST THAT- justifiable. If you cant seem to wrap your head around justifiable shoplifting, if you can't seem to think "outside of the box" on such matters on a radical site such as ATS, then you really need to take some time to read up and ponder the issue before you respond. The fact that you're so rabidly against "THEFT OMGZ" immediately points out to me that you're a blind follower of the "law"... and the law is any random/arbitrary thing which the state outlaws. Now, most philosophically/intellectually advanced people will have figured out by now that NOT EVERYTHING THAT IS LAWFUL IS ETHICAL, and also that NOT EVERYTHING THAT IS ETHICAL IS LAWFUL. In other words, doing the right thing may or may not be legal. The truly intellectually advanced human realizes this.
edit on 11-5-2011 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Owners of businesses and corporations are what I call :

LABOR PIMPS

What gives them the right to take the surplus value that you create and call it their own?

And those that argue that you just need to set out on your own and create your own business... you can't imagine how hard it is to compete against a multinational corporation with billions of dollars, advertising budget, and deeply entrenched brand names. They are giants, and they squash everything else that could become competition like bugs under their feet. So you can't beat 'em, you join 'em. And then get paid in dollars one-fifth of the value that you create. I CALL THAT STEALING.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realms
reply to post by doctornamtab

I steal from the rich

Stealing in any form is unacceptable. Practicing thievery would only bring you down to the corporatist level. Apparently you're no better than them. You may think your sticking it to them....but on the contrary. With your actions of theft, they already own you.

Getting out and understanding the business world would do you loads of good.

Damn, I guess no one likes Robin Hood then. : /

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

Originally posted by indigo21
Corporations employ, fund people's retirements and pay taxes to fund social benefits. Corporations are often owned by a vast number of people including workers themselves. Many working-class citizens own those corporations. CEO's get paid a lot because they are responsible for millions of dollars worth of hard-earned assets. Please don't steal from corporations as corporations don't actually steal; They buy low/sell high and that's how they fund your employment and your retirement.

That's such a poorly-informed, Disney version of corporations I don't even know where to start.

REALITY IS- most major corporations pay nearly NOTHING in taxes. There are things called OFFSHORE TAX-HAVENS and TAX LOOPHOLES which corporations take AMPLE advantage of.

They are the masters of sly, slimy, backhanded ways of "legally" stealing land, time, money, resources, lives, health, freedom, etc. from people (i.e. the masses of the Earth). If you haven't figured this out by now... please go back to your homework and return when you're finished.

If you think that's the Disney version then you have been terribly mislead by the anti-corporate movement, a subset of the Progressives.

Indigo21 is correct. I don't care how many Michael Moore films you watch... reality remains reality. When I pay a grievous income tax on dividends please again explain to me how I'm a slimy thief who's stealing land, time, money, resources, lives, health freedom, etc from the mass of the Earth.

Thanks to corporations I can have this conversation on the internet using affordable computers. So much for stealing!

Ok, you know what, I'm not done. Now I'm a little angry. This kind of idiotic hatred you spew shows either profound ignorance or deep-seated misanthropy. The advances of technology the world has enjoyed almost entirely through capitalism has done more to alleviate poverty and disease, and raise the standard of living, than any religion, philosophy, or philanthropic movement EVER. You are so blinded by hate you can't see the nose on your own face. People spread these "Progressive" (AKA anti-human) ideas like a cancer of the mind, and it's any easy bandwagon to jump on for anyone who's looking for a scapegoat for their own malcontent; and reality be damned!
edit on 11-5-2011 by spaznational because: bad spelling

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

Alright, I don't post much but without reading the rest of the topic, I need to comment on the second poster. You tell the topic creator to "start his own business and see how he likes being stolen from."

Apparently you didn't read the part of the original post where it was stated that the ONE job he didn't steal from was a privately owned business. Just like what it would be if he started his own business. He is not a Corporation. The jobs he stole from are parts of Corporations. You're argument has zero validity.

As far as the topic goes; Yes, all the time. Nothing major by any means but it does make me feel better.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

My BLUFF?? What are you even talking about? You are a giant bluff all by yourself, I've already pointed this out.

You were the one who stated in capital letters we were not welcome were you not? I want to see what you are going to do about it? You have pointed nothing out except the fact you condone the OP's disgusting criminal actions!

Second of all, I'm almost 100% sure that if I met you in person, it'd be obvious that I was more intelligent than you.

Bahahahahah! You want to put money on that? I have every confidence I would win that bet!

We're talking about JUSTIFIABLE SHOPLIFTING which is JUST THAT- justifiable.

There is nothing justifiable with regards to theft! It's criminal and anyone who condones it has serious questions over their moral character! Argue all you want it is the truth.

The fact that you're so rabidly against "THEFT OMGZ" immediately points out to me that you're a blind follower of the "law"

Utter rubbish! How I look at it is how would you feel if it happened to you! How would you feel if someone broke into your parents home and stole everything they owned! Then to top it off they rubbed your nose in it and said it was a justified theft because your parents had more processions than them!. bet you would not feel it was justified then!. That is exact thing you are doing by thinking it is a company they can afford it! If you can't see that well maybe you need the break!

Just in case you forgot ATS is a free, public and open. There is nothing in the T&C that says you must a full on conspiracy theorist to post here!.

Why don't you ask the site owners if your point is valid? see if they condone this disgrace of a thread that promotes common theft!

Again you said not welcome here? What are you going to do?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 30_seconds
Owners of businesses and corporations are what I call :

LABOR PIMPS

What gives them the right to take the surplus value that you create and call it their own?

And those that argue that you just need to set out on your own and create your own business... you can't imagine how hard it is to compete against a multinational corporation with billions of dollars, advertising budget, and deeply entrenched brand names. They are giants, and they squash everything else that could become competition like bugs under their feet. So you can't beat 'em, you join 'em. And then get paid in dollars one-fifth of the value that you create. I CALL THAT STEALING.

The "surplus value" (as you so call it) doesn't exist until the person is employed. The employer pays for a variety of labor, creatively combining the results into a usable, valuable product. The individual prior to employment was not creating this product at all, and in fact probably did not have the scale capacity to do so... therefore the act of employing people and directing there activity to CREATE is where the "surplus value" comes from. So, "you" (the employee) did not create a surplus value independently. And to have done so is the ONLY way the surplus value idea could hold any water. And there is no taking involved... people DO get paid for there time (I know that little fact is rather inconvenient).

I don't work for free.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaznational

Corporations employ, fund people's retirements and pay taxes to fund social benefits. Corporations are often owned by a vast number of people including workers themselves. Many working-class citizens own those corporations. CEO's get paid a lot because they are responsible for millions of dollars worth of hard-earned assets. Please don't steal from corporations as corporations don't actually steal; They buy low/sell high and that's how they fund your employment and your retirement.

That's such a poorly-informed, Disney version of corporations I don't even know where to start.

REALITY IS- most major corporations pay nearly NOTHING in taxes. There are things called OFFSHORE TAX-HAVENS and TAX LOOPHOLES which corporations take AMPLE advantage of.

They are the masters of sly, slimy, backhanded ways of "legally" stealing land, time, money, resources, lives, health, freedom, etc. from people (i.e. the masses of the Earth). If you haven't figured this out by now... please go back to your homework and return when you're finished.

If you think that's the Disney version then you have been terribly mislead by the anti-corporate movement, a subset of the Progressives.

Indigo21 is correct. I don't care how many Michael Moore films you watch... reality remains reality. When I pay a grievous income tax on dividends please again explain to me how I'm a slimy thief who's stealing land, time, money, resources, lives, health freedom, etc from the mass of the Earth.

Thanks to corporations I can have this conversation on the internet using affordable computers. So much for stealing!

Ok, you know what, I'm not done. Now I'm a little angry. This kind of idiotic hatred you spew shows either profound ignorance or deep-seated misanthropy. The advances of technology the world has enjoyed almost entirely through capitalism has done more to alleviate poverty and disease, and raise the standard of living, than any religion, philosophy, or philanthropic movement EVER. You are so blinded by hate you can't see the nose on your own face. People spread these "Progressive" (AKA anti-human) ideas like a cancer of the mind, and it's any easy bandwagon to jump on for anyone who's looking for a scapegoat for their own malcontent; and reality be damned!

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME???

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Like so many other arguments with simpletons... you've failed to understand or address my actual points. Please try again.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
To be completely honest I am the manager at a very well know watersports job and I put the gas we have for waverunners in my car all the time.

I do it because money is tight at these times and especially when I have to fill up my car every week.

I look at it as an act of free will, just like the free masons do what they want because they can.

I am still a very virtuous person, but when it comes to little things that actually help me out in the long run, I do them if it doesn't personally hurt that person.

we're stolen from everyday by our government and I see it as if they can do, why shouldn't I every now and then. At least I'm not taking people's homes and starving the poor.

It is what it is and life goes on..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

reply to post by phatpackage

Like so many other arguments with simpletons... you've failed to understand or address my actual points. Please try again.

No you have failed to understand the point! How would you feel if the above happened to your parents? Justified bahahahah!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaznational

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME???

No.

Please go mine some copper, make some plastic, and a myriad of electronic bits, and build your own computer. Then you can talk to me about how evil corporations are. Go ahead....

And while you're at it, please forgo any modern medical treatment. Also please do not eat anything you didn't hunter/gather/farm for yourself. Then you can inform me about how the corporations are oppressing you.

Well... you can tell me about it if that homemade computer works out. lol

But after all that effort I still am not going to post my personal tax docs just to appease a misguided stranger on the internet.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Only read the OP so far but my first response is that stealing from corps or whatever is in fact stealing from yourself, and all the rest of us - so it is very very wrong - before we even get to moral grounds. Companies expect a degree of 'pilfering' it gets priced in ...the cost of whatever goods are produced are raised accordingly to account for actions of people like you,
You in fact make me very angry. People with no morals and no sense are in fact the doom of us all.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
reply to post by ViperChili

I work a decently skilled job now but it provides nothing for society. It is in the field in which I earned my degree.

My job is what I do to get money. My work is completely different and its what I do for society. Unfortunately, fighitng the man isnt hiring nowadays and I have to do it on my "free" time.

Now answer my question: What do shareholder do for work? Why act morally if businesses we work for do not?
edit on 10-5-2011 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

Got a retirement plan? Then that shareholder is probably you.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Besides being wrong in taking something that doesn't belong to you, you are helping the corporations justify increases in the price they charge for their products and services, which is in turn is passed along to the consumer. So it seems to me that your not working against the system as much as you are working for it. That's just my point of view.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
It depends on what you steal I take little things like latex gloves anti septic wipes minor stuff in which if caught would only warrant a verbal warning.In times like these you should be grateful to have a job family run or corporate be careful some of these big companies are run by some nasty people and if you steal the wrong thing it won't be pc plod you will have to worry about.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncertain1

You can justify it to yourself all you want no matter how small or inexpensive the item it is still theft! The reason you only get the warning is it will cost too much to prosecute ....... still stealing!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I didn't read every single post in this thread, but I found it extremely funny that the majority of the replies I did read were against the notion of stealing from the workplace.

According to the replies to this thread, the countless studies and figures that every single corporation preaches is a complete lie. You know - the studies that say up to 40% of all employees steal? Either they're false or we've stumbled across a community made up entirely of the other 60%. A majority, sure - but wow. Are you sure some of you aren't lying?

In fact, I'm sure that 100% of employees steal from the workplace. As a retail manager myself, I know full well the only thing an employer is paying their employee for is their time. This means all those people who have an extra five minutes for lunch, or take a cigarette break, or get to work 5 minutes late, or check their Facebook profile while at work, or chat at the water cooler are stealing time from the company. Sure, it might be 5 minutes here and there - but suddenly 12 people have taken 5 minutes and a whole hour is being paid for by the company for absolutely nothing.

And then there's the sick days...

Not to mention those staff who might whip up a coffee at work, or the bus driver who runs late, or the accountant who takes home some pens, or the CEO who uses the company car on weekends.

We all steal from the workplace. We're not all taking home plasma TV's, but come on... Stop kidding yourselves.

Oh, and the guy who said "no body forces you to work"... Do you live on planet Earth? Because I'd LOVE to move to your neighborhood.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Well, I guess what it really boils down to is class...

You get people born into money (class).
You get people born into the ghetto (class).
And then the in-between (class).

Some never work a day in their life, but are thrust into the top positions upon graduation of business school. Or become criminals. (Maddoff) Silver-spoon syndrome.
Some work their fingers to the bone for peanuts their entire life. Or become criminals.
And others by the grace of god follow their ambitions. Or become criminals.

If one has any class at all, they'll work to earn their keep. And if they want more, they'll work a second job. If they don't pay their dues in life, they have no class; they are criminals. Silver-spoon syndrome; 3 hots & a cot.

When dealing with corporations they go by a different mantra than class. It is called ethics. Some corporations have ethics, and some are absolutely criminal. Like the Federal Reserve for instance.

The grey area in this situation is when a society loses it's civility, and it becomes a matter of survival for each family/individual. And then it isn't about stealing paperclips, or not returning the shirt a friend borrowed two semesters ago...

Yeah, I've stolen before. Then I learned about something called self-respect. It's what happens when you correct a wrong-doing, and learn a little about dignity- and self preservation...

I'm done with this thread. But before I go, know this; people born unable to work, deserve to be fed with a silver-spoon...IMHO

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join