It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealing From Work and Corporations...Good or Bad?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realms

Well obviously they didnt see you apply yourself and obtain more skills to better your situation. Why is the businesses of today responsible for your lack of effort or initiative? Sounds to me your more lazy and want to blame anyone but yourself for your situation. Heres a big boy hint on life, take responsibility for your actions.

Lol.

Really, that's hilarious. You're obviously completely disregarding the point at hand, minimum wage is to little to survive and corporations love not having to fork out more money.

A big boy hint in life? You can't even use apostrophes, here's a big boy hint on life, buddy, learn how to write properly, stop avoiding the point of conversation by attempting futile personal insults and don't make assumptions that have no grounding.

I did my job, and I did it exceptionally well. I was even promoted to assistant manager, at what benefit you say? A 2$/hr increase and occasional overtime?

If you'd been following what I was saying, by now you would have realized I'm far more intelligent than to be rounded off as a fast food clerk the rest of my life, and I have a passion for technology so I will eventually be making decent cash - however, that will not retract my dispute against corporate greed and the uneven distribution of wealth.

Take your inability to read to another thread, partner.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

The very fact you admit (and it even seems like you boast about) your crimes make you a disgusting individual who should never be trusted and even thrown in jail! I'm sure you parents would be so proud of the way they raised you!

If you have not got it yet stealing is wrong period! Maybe "middle Eastern" justice might be apt in your case! Have a look at what they do to remorseless thieves!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

The very fact you admit (and it even seems like you boast about) your crimes make you a disgusting individual who should never be trusted and even thrown in jail! I'm sure you parents would be so proud of the way they raised you!

If you have not got it yet stealing is wrong period! Maybe "middle Eastern" justice might be apt in your case! Have a look at what they do to remorseless thieves!

Hoo-rah!!!

However, cutting his hand off may be a tad bit over the top ..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

I was thinking more a finger! Speaking as a business owner!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I was thinking more a finger! Speaking as a business owner!

True - I'd be thinking more along the lines of THIEF Tattooed on his forehead.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
From major corporations and unworthy workplaces?

GOOD!!!

crimethinc.com...

Why I Love Shoplifting
from big corporations

Nothing compares to the feeling of elation, of burdens being lifted and constraints escaped, that I feel when I walk out of a store with their products in my pockets. In a world where everything already belongs to someone else, where I am expected to sell away my life at work in order to get the money to pay for the minimum I need to survive, where I am surrounded by forces beyond my control or comprehension that obviously are not concerned about my needs or welfare, it is a way to carve out a little piece of the world for myself—to act back upon a world that acts so much upon me.

It is an entirely different sensation than the one I feel when I buy something. When I pay for something, I'm making a trade; I'm offering the money that I bought with my labor, my time, and my creativity for a product or service that the corporation wouldn't share with me under any other circumstances. In a sense, we have a relationship based on violence: we negotiate an exchange not according to our respect or concern for each other, but according to the forces that we can bring to bear on each other. Supermarkets know they can charge me a dollar for bread because I will starve if I do not buy it from them; they know they can't charge me four dollars, because I will go somewhere else. So our interaction revolves around unspoken threats, rather than love, and I am forced to give up something of my own to get anything from them.[1]

Everything changes when I shoplift. I'm no longer negotiating with faceless, inhuman entities that have no concern for my welfare; instead, I'm taking what I need without giving anything up. I no longer feel like I am being forced into an exchange, and I no longer feel as if I have no control over the way the world around me dictates my life. I no longer have to worry about whether the pleasure I receive from the book I purchased was equal to the two hours of labor it cost me to be able to afford it. In these and a thousand other ways, shoplifting makes me feel liberated and empowered. Let's examine what shoplifting has to offer as an alternative way of life...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy
From major corporations and unworthy workplaces?

GOOD!!!

crimethinc.com...

Why I Love Shoplifting
from big corporations

Nothing compares to the feeling of elation, of burdens being lifted and constraints escaped, that I feel when I walk out of a store with their products in my pockets. In a world where everything already belongs to someone else, where I am expected to sell away my life at work in order to get the money to pay for the minimum I need to survive, where I am surrounded by forces beyond my control or comprehension that obviously are not concerned about my needs or welfare, it is a way to carve out a little piece of the world for myself—to act back upon a world that acts so much upon me.

It is an entirely different sensation than the one I feel when I buy something. When I pay for something, I'm making a trade; I'm offering the money that I bought with my labor, my time, and my creativity for a product or service that the corporation wouldn't share with me under any other circumstances. In a sense, we have a relationship based on violence: we negotiate an exchange not according to our respect or concern for each other, but according to the forces that we can bring to bear on each other. Supermarkets know they can charge me a dollar for bread because I will starve if I do not buy it from them; they know they can't charge me four dollars, because I will go somewhere else. So our interaction revolves around unspoken threats, rather than love, and I am forced to give up something of my own to get anything from them.[1]

Everything changes when I shoplift. I'm no longer negotiating with faceless, inhuman entities that have no concern for my welfare; instead, I'm taking what I need without giving anything up. I no longer feel like I am being forced into an exchange, and I no longer feel as if I have no control over the way the world around me dictates my life. I no longer have to worry about whether the pleasure I receive from the book I purchased was equal to the two hours of labor it cost me to be able to afford it. In these and a thousand other ways, shoplifting makes me feel liberated and empowered. Let's examine what shoplifting has to offer as an alternative way of life...

This is ABOVE TOP SECRET - not "Thieves Anonymous".

Mods should close this topic - it's not acceptable for people to endorse theft.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Stop being a whiny p**sy and try FOR ONCE to fully consider the entire system and the fact that THERE IS A GRAY AREA.

If you are against "theft" in ALL cases, then you're a complete idiot who has ZERO understanding or compassion for the masses versus those who own all of the resources, property, and consumer necessities.

If you want to censor this thread by calling like a little child for daddy mods (who will hopefully never play the daddy role for you) then just screw off... we don't need you here, your contribution to the discussion is black, one-sided, and disgustingly rooted in the larger system which calls on the majority to play ball with a game that forces a losing hand upon the rest of us more often than not. Might as well be playing the lottery. Meanwhile... if somebody steals from Wal-Mart, I'll be much more likely to high-five them than condemn them like a lock-step idiot.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

So we have someone who condones theft here? What have you stolen from someone or company and told yourself it's not a crime? the OP is a disgrace and yet you condone this criminal behavior? What does that make you then?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

So we have someone who condones theft here? What have you stolen from someone or company and told yourself it's not a crime? the OP is a disgrace and yet you condone this criminal behavior? What does that make you then?

Get out of here you pathetic infiltrators. YOU ARE NOT WELCOME, you offer ZERO intellect or perspective and only blind obedience to whichever reigning government/economy that employs/directs you.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Its only bad if you get caught.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Corporations employ, fund people's retirements and pay taxes to fund social benefits. Corporations are often owned by a vast number of people including workers themselves. Many working-class citizens own those corporations. CEO's get paid a lot because they are responsible for millions of dollars worth of hard-earned assets. Please don't steal from corporations as corporations don't actually steal; They buy low/sell high and that's how they fund your employment and your retirement.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

YOU ARE NOT WELCOME,

I call your bluff right now! What are you going to do about it? Give your best! I'm waiting! I'll bet you do nothing!

you offer ZERO intellect or perspective and only blind obedience to whichever reigning government/economy that employs/directs you.

For starters I'll lay money my intellect is better than yours! The above quote has nothing to do with anything. It's about decency and respect for other people and their property. As I said to the OP I bet your parents are proud they raised someone who condones theft!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I find myself wondering whether all of the individuals who are condemning your actions support the US government in their dealings and actions.
Because if they do, I am sure you can see the hypocrisy there. Just look at US involvement overseas throughout the 20th and 21st centuries.

My point is that maybe everyone who is against something as trite as stealing a paperclip from the workplace, who wish to reprimand from their high-horse, should focus that energy on contacting as many government offices as possible, voicing your concerns of morality to them. (I do not mean to offend anyone btw...Well, maybe subconsciously, but that's another matter I suppose.)

Maybe the OP is just following the US government's lead. Everyone knows that politicians are "great" role models.

Maybe the OP is just developing the skills necessary to become the future president of the USA...
edit on 5/11/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
If the OP is anti-capitalist, he needs to know that it's often hard-working families that own the corporations through the public stock exchange. People just like himself who are all in regular jobs themselves. The only difference is, they aren't stealing from their respective employers.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
lol, interesting question.

I never really see it as stealing ( I guess I'm a dirty thief then!)
Cause In the military we simply call it a requisitioning of necessary supplies! Hehe, I'm medical so for the most part these supplies involve simple things such as bandages and other first aid material. I've slowly gathered up some IV bags and tubing plus a bunch of blood draw material so I can practice. I guess its really how you look at it. I have approval from my Unit OIC so its all good.

On the other hand at my civilian job, I've accumulated a number of pens and pencils and other small office supplies just because I forget its in my pocket or am using them constantly they are like an extension of my fingers. Hell we have plenty of vinyl gloves and I've appropriated a couple dozen pairs to assist in sustaining my HM skill set.

So I'm stealing? You could definitely spin it that way, but ultimately I win in the small claims court.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
i work in retal management..CVS. you know why the prices of shaivng blades, and condoms keep going up? theft* the companys that manufacture the stuff, wont ge all their moeny back, neither will the the store that seells em..as a result, the prices go up, making it totaly unfair for non stealing customers*
Working in retial, wede thrw out, skin creams discontinued, candy slighly expired, and its illegal to give it, donate it away..at night, illegal alien workers in the store, would rile through it, taking home tons of skin creams, candy, evne thought the company prob knows that their doing, its still illegal.
i stole a few times, but feel jsutifed. early 2000's to mid, a manager made my life VERY difficult at work, threatening, other of his fellow illegla aline shift supervisors, taunted me as well..one time i was backed into a corner in backroom nad starred and threatened. is aw the employees pocketing stuff, so figured if they can do it, why cant i* i feel bad , very, doing that. but thast the CVS way...the guilty employees steal, and when hard working honest ones do it, even by following example...their fired* so to me, CVS is kinda like a NWO corporate mismanaged thing. i fugured due to my blood pressure problems and fearing going tino work,..they owe me now. its wrong to steal* by all means, and something my mother taught me well on not to do in life* but when an evil company has a shady HR, hires illegals and gets rids of those unfavored...it seems jsutifyable

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigo21
Corporations employ, fund people's retirements and pay taxes to fund social benefits. Corporations are often owned by a vast number of people including workers themselves. Many working-class citizens own those corporations. CEO's get paid a lot because they are responsible for millions of dollars worth of hard-earned assets. Please don't steal from corporations as corporations don't actually steal; They buy low/sell high and that's how they fund your employment and your retirement.

That's such a poorly-informed, Disney version of corporations I don't even know where to start.

REALITY IS- most major corporations pay nearly NOTHING in taxes. There are things called OFFSHORE TAX-HAVENS and TAX LOOPHOLES which corporations take AMPLE advantage of.

They are the masters of sly, slimy, backhanded ways of "legally" stealing land, time, money, resources, lives, health, freedom, etc. from people (i.e. the masses of the Earth). If you haven't figured this out by now... please go back to your homework and return when you're finished.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab

Originally posted by lifeform11

and yet there are people who would never steal who are out of work. i am not judging you, just pointing out the recruitment process does not mean the employer will always get the best suited person to work for the company infact they may end up with somebody who would readily steal things.

my personnal opinion is i would not take anything, i would always consider it could effect other people in ways i had not forseen. for example the company would have to spend more on stock which could mean the difference between them being able to employ a extra member of staff and not. or the extra loss could result in somebody else being let go maybe even me. the company may no realise stock is being taken and really do believe they get through 1,000 toliet rolls for 10 staff per month.

Corporations actually have thievery placed right into their budgets. I read financial statements all day and you'd be surprised how much they simply chalk up to stealing. And maybe those out of work should lie to get work.

My point is that corporations and most jobs treat people like garbage. Why suffer it? Why not fight back? Besides, if corporations act without morals why should I be moral at work?

You have some real personal issues you need to work on. You are projecting. Look it up.

To put it another way.... If you treat your employer like garbage why should they treat you any better?

And who is a "corporation" anyway? Who is "the Man?" It is the shareholders who have put their hard-earned dollars into the success of a company. That's who you are stealing from.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LordofJayek

So I'm stealing? You could definitely spin it that way, but ultimately I win in the small claims court.

So I'm stealing?

Yes. You are common thief if what you have said is true!

but ultimately I win in the small claims court.

How so? theft is theft! And again you seem to be boastful (not as much as the Op though) of the disgraceful crimes you have committed! If you went into a courtroom showing the amount of remorse you have in your post you will without doubt be found guilty! If you offered to pay or return these items that you had in your pocket you will get off!
edit on 11-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join