Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Stealing From Work and Corporations...Good or Bad?

page: 5
46
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre
 


I've personally never stolen from any of my employers, solely for the fact that I am a aspiring Computer Engineer/Network Administrator/etc, and if I we're to be qualified for a reputable job in my industry with a screwed up record, that would be a immediate job killer.

However - I am also fortunate enough to have the strong will that I do to force myself through the crappy hand I've been dealt in life and get a education. Should other people be frowned upon for not being as strong as I am? Or should they of had better opportunities in life to promote their success?




posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili
 


Excuse me?

I'm not going to make a point of it, but you don't have the slightest #ing clue what I've dealt with in life.

On that note, I'm sure you we're silver spoon fed and had golden nipples on your baby bottle, complete with the college fund for when you we're 18 and a nice credit card from your mommy and daddy.

Some people are ignorant to what it is to sleep in the #ing dirt, and apparently you're one of those people.

You want to know about "life is going to rape you in ways prisoners couldn't even come up with"????

I bet you wouldn't make it 24 hours on the street with no money no food and no friends. You'd get smoked like a cheap cigarette, son.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Revolution-2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
So my question is: When and why do you steal from work? If you dont, why not?

When is ok to steal? What virtues are there in stealing from work and corporations?


When I was young and stupid I stole a couple of things here and there. But as I matured I saw the stupidity of Theft and reformed my approach.

It is not okay to steal.. unless it is to prevent yourself and others from starving to death, freezing to death, etc.

Theft has no Virtue... just like Lying.



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin
 


If you make 8$/hr and rent is 800$ a month, and you bust your ass off just to afford a roof, then stealing from a corporate machine is just taking what is rightfully yours. Obviously they are incapable of determining a proper wage.



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
question: when they catch you stealing, fire you, and report you to the police for theft, will you be back here saying that the police doing an investigation is "tyranny" or "a violation of your rights and liberties"?



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I love threads like this ... people really show their true colors.
Damn.




posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by TechVampyre
reply to post by SearchLightsInc
[more


Why not take the cakes at the end of your shift and give them to a shelter? or even just take a half hour out of your day and hand them out to those less fortunate than others..

Act's of kindness, and goodwill seek no collateral.. And earn you respect as a person..


EDIT TO ADD: There is a fine line between being a thief, or being a general good person.. Your situation could be a bit different from the op's..
edit on 10-5-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)


Its a great idea and its been suggested, by myself atleast, But the company i work for will have none of it. They wont even give any of the waste to staff. It HAS to be thrown. They blame it on the "compensation culture" I.E, If someone eats one of their waste products and gets sick, they can be sued - Its ridiculious!
As for my situation, its classed as thieving by the company, however, i wouldnt really steal from any place i worked for.


As if a simple contract willing employees would sign when they're being hired stating they won't sue the company for stuff they've 'recycled' wouldn't do the trick.

Such hypocrites...



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by TechVampyre
reply to post by SearchLightsInc
[more


Why not take the cakes at the end of your shift and give them to a shelter? or even just take a half hour out of your day and hand them out to those less fortunate than others..

Act's of kindness, and goodwill seek no collateral.. And earn you respect as a person..


EDIT TO ADD: There is a fine line between being a thief, or being a general good person.. Your situation could be a bit different from the op's..
edit on 10-5-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)


Its a great idea and its been suggested, by myself atleast, But the company i work for will have none of it. They wont even give any of the waste to staff. It HAS to be thrown. They blame it on the "compensation culture" I.E, If someone eats one of their waste products and gets sick, they can be sued - Its ridiculious!
As for my situation, its classed as thieving by the company, however, i wouldnt really steal from any place i worked for.


As if a simple contract willing employees would sign when they're being hired stating they won't sue the company for stuff they've 'recycled' wouldn't do the trick.

Such hypocrites...



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Just goes to show that the nice guys finish last.
I remember this guy gave me a tip and i put it into the cash register. The owner was a good man but financially bad. He let me go or rather didn't let me work again even though i'm more loyal than someone like you that he had work.



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
If you make 8$/hr and rent is 800$ a month, and you bust your ass off just to afford a roof, then stealing from a corporate machine is just taking what is rightfully yours. Obviously they are incapable of determining a proper wage.


Sorry to disagree mate, but no matter what hourly rate you agreed to work for in your job, and no matter how much rent you pay... all that is "righfully" yours is what you Earned.

Stealing is Theft which is a negative bahaviour in most cases.

I pay $720 rent per month and am only on a Disability Pension of just under $1,600 per month which supports myself and my high school aged daughter well enough.. have nothing for luxuries, except my PC and Web connection... and we don't steal for any reason.



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by doctornamtab
 


Well you sound like a real piece of crap with a sense of entitlement.

You listed numerous low paid and low skill jobs, why not make something of yourself instead?

Start your own business and see how much you laugh when employees steal from you.

No one forces you to work, you choose to do so for a certain wage.

If you are unhappy with your wage, that is your fault and yours alone.
edit on 10-5-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)



Why are corporations the only ones who get to steal?

I dont steal from people, I steal from work. There is a difference.



No there isn't.
you didn't pay for it ;you don't own it. It's theft.
It's wrong. Even if they also"steal" as you reason;Two wrongs wouldn't make a"right".

The cost is passed onto the consumers of your companies product(or service)
Thanks.

Of course you are thinking forward enough to realize: if the operating costs of your dept make it unprofitable. You and all your coworkers who probably appreciate having a job during tough times more than you may lose those jobs.(?)
edit on 10-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The only time stealing is okay is in a Country where it's not possible in any other way to live.

In Kenya, some of the nicest people in the world live there with damn near nothing. They will be as nice as you could ever find but you don't want to leave your camera or other things behind.

If you send mail to kenya they will open it before it reaches it's destination, to see if they could use whatever's inside. Stealing is not okay unless of course there's nothing else to live off of. Then it's in it for yourself.
Otherwise we are a community of people full of individuals meaning we won't go anywhere with this ideal



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE
 


You're a troll.

Everyone defending miniscule theft from corporate machines is a troll.

Oh wow, you stole 100$/week from a register at Carls Jr? Big whoop. That doesn't even remotely affect Carls Jr's profits when they profit roughly 1.1 billion a year.

That's 1.1 billion dollars of profit a year, not to mention their networth.

Figure it out for yourself, all low-income jobs CAN and SHOULD pay more to their employees.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Revolution-2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012
 


Yet again you are wrong. Much like every other post you have made in this thread, your comments are laughable.

Sure as hell wasn't born into a privileged family, no college, even slept in my truck for a month in the summer in Phoenix.

I never blamed anyone for my troubles. Not some evil corporation, not an individual, or a perceived "system". I slept in my truck as a result of my own bad choices, took responsibility for them, and never looked back.

Maybe you should try accepting responsibility for your choices instead of inventing mythical scapegoats because you refuse to grow up and be an adult.



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012
 


IN FACT

If all of Carl's Jr's ~30000 employees STOLE 100$ a week, that would be a total loss of revenue of 36 million out of the ~300 MILLION they profit every quarter. The corporation. The faceless, breathless, bloodless corporation.

Once again, all you corporate defenders, blow a hard one.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Revolution-2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili
 


Quite honestly, you've proven yourself to be quite the child. I never directly insulted you, yet you come off at me throwing insults left and right, and you expect any less?

I'm happy to let you know that I'm funding my own education and housing and bills legitimately, so your feeble insults you can keep to yourself from here on out.

I'm sorry that your views are so widely distorted, it's like you don't belong on a conspiracy site - "corporations do no evil and don't deserve to have money stolen from them", really, it's pathetic. The only other way their employees are going to get what they deserve is if the corporations play nicely and pay their employees their worth, which isn't going to happen until the revolution which is on the horizon.



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by 46ACE
 


You're a troll.

Everyone defending miniscule theft from corporate machines is a troll.

Oh wow, you stole 100$/week from a register at Carls Jr? Big whoop. That doesn't even remotely affect Carls Jr's profits when they profit roughly 1.1 billion a year.

That's 1.1 billion dollars of profit a year, not to mention their network.

Figure it out for yourself, all low-income jobs CAN and SHOULD pay more to their employees.

Troll this:
This douche is not stealing because he's "poor". he's stealing because he feels entitled(and wronged) i.e. the company owes him "more". he is free to contract with another company or start his own business.perhaps ebaying stolen office supplies??
Theft is theft.
Justifying this crap as somekind of high minded social statement is utter b.s.
edit on 10-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE
 


You need to learn how to properly speak English, then maybe your illegible insult would make sense.

Until then, pro-corporate trolls have been told by my previous analogy.

I swear to god, this site has gone down hill in the past 3-4 years, I remember once there was a bunch of like minded individuals who would be able to understand at least WHY someone would steal from a corporate machine, even if their own opinion differed.

This is a damn conspiracy website, not a "the world works the way it's suppose to let's have a formal discussion" website.



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by ViperChili
 


Quite honestly, you've proven yourself to be quite the child. I never directly insulted you, yet you come off at me throwing insults left and right, and you expect any less?

I'm happy to let you know that I'm funding my own education and housing and bills legitimately, so your feeble insults you can keep to yourself from here on out.

I'm sorry that your views are so widely distorted, it's like you don't belong on a conspiracy site - "corporations do no evil and don't deserve to have money stolen from them", really, it's pathetic. The only other way their employees are going to get what they deserve is if the corporations play nicely and pay their employees their worth, which isn't going to happen until the revolution which is on the horizon.



Someone doesn't agree with theft from one's employer, so they don't belong on a conspiracy site. That is some absurdly convoluted logic, even by ATS standards.

Employees deserve exactly what they agree to be paid. No one is forcing them to work for low wages. If they don't like it, work elsewhere or work harder and prove they deserve a raise or promotion. They are not entitled to set their own rate through skimming funds or product. I am employed by a corporation. If you steal from my employer, it has an effect on our profit, which effects our shares, which effects my raise, which effects my pay, which effects my children's quality of life, and so on and so forth. It is naive to think that stealing from a faceless corporation is somehow not hurting other employees and is only 'sticking it to the man'.

Lumping all conspiracy theorists in with a ridiculous 'stick it to the establishment in any possible way' mentality is insulting.



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab
 


Tell yourself whatever you need to if it helps you sleep better at night. You are nothing more than a petty thief. Do you think that these faceless corporations have always been, or were they started by hard working men and women that had a dream and a vision and became what they are today because of that hard work? This also makes you a hypocrite, because you worked for these corporations that you seem to despise so much. If you were of any true conviction then you wouldn't work for them. Much like me and the fact that I turned down a job with DHS last year that paid $92,000. I HATE DHS and the TSA and I would never work for them under any circumstances. I wouldn't take a job with them and then bitch about them on some website.





new topics

top topics



 
46
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join