It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealing From Work and Corporations...Good or Bad?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
In any F500 corporation human beings are reduced to cells in an excel spreadsheet, COST PER UNIT.
That is why human beings are referred to as HUMAN CAPITAL and HUMAN RESOURCES.
People in the thread need to wake up to this REALITY.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Wrong.

When you say "Insane profits", do you mean that if a huge corporation's profits are in the millions, it is automatically too much? It's all about scale, einstein. I would be flippin giddy if I could squeeze another 5% in profits from my business. If a large corporation increased their profits by 5%, it would translate into big numbers, which would still only be a fraction of what their operating costs are. However, if that same corporation started losing profits a percentage point at a time, it could very well mean the demise of them.

Hmm.. sarcastically calling me Einstein when you're the one who failed to even understand what I had CLEARLY explained when I said that $20 a week might be 5% of the EMPLOYEES paycheck, and then pondered what percentage $20 a week was for the COMPANY. Clearly $20 a week is not 5% of the company's profits, or we wouldn't be having this discussion at all. I'm not a blanket anti-corporatist. I strongly believe in free-market capitalism, so no, I don't think that when a company profits millions it's 'too much'. And yes, like you said (right before calling me Einstein) it is ALL ABOUT SCALE. That's exactly the point I was trying to make. The SCALE of what $20 a week could mean to an employee and how much of a difference it could make in his or her life, compared to the SCALE of what $20 lost per week would mean to the corporation. I'm mostly for corporations when they don't get subsidized. They give us jobs, contribute to our economy, and make things easy on consumers in a lot of ways. The biggest ones tend to bother me, Wal-Mart, Starbucks, etc.. because they take away from small businesses and exploit cheap labor and other nations resources at the expense of the people. But my opinions of corporations is neither here nor there, this is about whether or not a small percentage of employees stealing a miniscule amount of money or goods from the corporations they work for is a big deal. I conclude that it is not. Not for any 'stick it to the man!' or 'down with corporations!' reason, but simply because the benefit it offers the employee far outweighs the damage done to the company. And I made the point about them throwing away food simply to illustrate how their apparent flippancy with overhead costs leads to fluctuation, so you could imagine that Joe McEmployee stealing $5 from the register 3 or 4 times a week is no different than, say 20 more people than average getting their order wrong on those days. For a company (don't know why McDonalds became the example, but it did) that serves 58 million on a daily basis, surely you agree its less than a noticeable loss for the company.

Chill out.. and next time make sure you actually understand what somebody was saying before you jump down their throat. It only makes you look ignorant...Einstein

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
i haven't noticed anybody put a value on this corporate theft?
are we basically talking pens and pencils, or would it be ok to actually take millions, thus putting people out of work in order for them to make up the loss?

You could do a hypothetical workup.

Let's say a company has 20 office locations, each with 100 employees. 2000 employees total.

Each employee has a stapler on their desk. Damn that is a nice stapler. The company wouldn't notice if I just took that sweet swingline home to live at my house. I could just grab another one from the supply closet.

That stapler cost the company $10.

2000 swingline coveting employees.

$20,000.

Chump change?

Maybe if people stopped stealing, they could pay employees better, and give them some better medical coverage.

Or maybe they could have offered their services at a more competitive price, but instead they lose too much business to their competition and now 2000 people are out of work.

hahaha!! Nice, realistic scenario there man. 2,000 employees and each and every one of them goes for the stapler! Love it. I can picture the CEO now.. "well I really wanted to give my employees raises and better medical coverage, but we've taken a real hit with this stapler mystery"...

Here's a more realistic 'hypothetical workup' for the kind of company OP was actually referring to:

# of locations: $h1TLOAD
# of employees: $h1TLOAD
average daily profit: $$INSANE AMOUNT$$
average daily employee theft: WHO CARES, WE MADE SO MUCH @#%ING MONEY TODAY

edit on 12-5-2011 by bacci0909 because: Seemed kind of mean in retrospect

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
As I said earlier in this thread, it is all a balance.

The people who have invested in a corporation have taken the minuscule risk of weekly $100 Thefts by rebel employees. The small number of employees thieving have risked their career. (It is all in the investment)

Stealing from these people really makes no difference to anyone but the person stealing. Is it in their moral standards? Is it right or wrong?

It is subjective.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Gren

Only until you realize time is the only thing there is that is really worth anything. We only got so much time here, better make the most of it

Ask old people, they will all tell you the same. When time is running out you realize it.
edit on Thu, 12 May 2011 06:22:45 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

Wrong.

When you say "Insane profits", do you mean that if a huge corporation's profits are in the millions, it is automatically too much? It's all about scale, einstein. I would be flippin giddy if I could squeeze another 5% in profits from my business. If a large corporation increased their profits by 5%, it would translate into big numbers, which would still only be a fraction of what their operating costs are. However, if that same corporation started losing profits a percentage point at a time, it could very well mean the demise of them.

Hmm.. sarcastically calling me Einstein when you're the one who failed to even understand what I had CLEARLY explained when I said that $20 a week might be 5% of the EMPLOYEES paycheck, and then pondered what percentage $20 a week was for the COMPANY. Clearly $20 a week is not 5% of the company's profits, or we wouldn't be having this discussion at all. I'm not a blanket anti-corporatist. I strongly believe in free-market capitalism, so no, I don't think that when a company profits millions it's 'too much'. And yes, like you said (right before calling me Einstein) it is ALL ABOUT SCALE. That's exactly the point I was trying to make. The SCALE of what $20 a week could mean to an employee and how much of a difference it could make in his or her life,

(er Excuse me):
What propelled,most of this 30(?) some pages was O.Ps cavalier attitude.
"He was stealing to: "get back at the man who offered him the job".. not because he was hungry and it made the difference of eating or not. So lets trynot to lose sight of that and purport this is some high minded social statement.. when it was merely an act of "youthful lashing out at society" ( so he claims.) Or he just got his kicks taking advantage of the people at work. And "theft is still "theft" no matter the size of the pot it comes from.

Originally posted by bacci0909

compared to the SCALE of what $20 lost per week would mean to the corporation. I'm mostly for corporations when they don't get subsidized. They give us jobs, contribute to our economy, and make things easy on consumers in a lot of ways. The biggest ones tend to bother me, Wal-Mart, Starbucks, etc.. because they take away from small businesses and exploit cheap labor and other nations resources at the expense of the people. But my opinions of corporations is neither here nor there, this is about whether or not a small percentage of employees stealing a miniscule amount of money or goods from the corporations they work for is a big deal. I conclude that it is not. Not for any 'stick it to the man!' or 'down with corporations!' reason, but simply because the benefit it offers the employee far outweighs the damage done to the company. And I made the point about them throwing away food simply to illustrate how their apparent flippancy with overhead costs leads to fluctuation, so you could imagine that Joe McEmployee stealing $5 from the register 3 or 4 times a week is no different than, say 20 more people than average getting their order wrong on those days. For a company (don't know why McDonalds became the example, but it did) that serves 58 million on a daily basis, surely you agree its less than a noticeable loss for the company.

Chill out.. and next time make sure you actually understand what somebody was saying before you jump down their throat. It only makes you look ignorant...Einstein

edit on 12-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Just take the OP just add corporation or my corporation in place of his stealing. Corporations he who carries the most shares is the highest owner on the list. Why does gov play such role in corporations. They eat up all the money and maybe if any put a little sprinkle of it back into the economy to cover their butts. How many gov officials are directly tied to some of the big named Corps ? Must be a good amount of them you would figure since its soo easy for a corporation to Throw some money at you heres 100k for you now i paid taxes this year scenario.
Anyone else doing this dirty business would be nailed by the same thieves that do the stealing......

Support small mom and pop operations stop buying from the same people that think your worthless. These companies will change their tune a little when they realize that the peasants can no longer spend money on crap you dont need. If corps had to pay taxes the people would have to pay little if not anything at all after the taxes they would have to pay. Even if it came down to that situation , Higher prices or taxes on an item would be justified and understandable.

Whomever said its teenagers that do stealing..... from the experience working in this business in a retirement area. The corporate thefts from customers and not employees is way way higher. Sad thing is that we dont get one over on us by kids they are 60+ years old. That sweet little old lady you know shop lifts like crazy and sells drugs out of her cookie jar on her porch just to supplment an income right now because the system is soo screwed.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustwanaBfree
Just take the OP just add corporation or my corporation in place of his stealing. Corporations he who carries the most shares is the highest owner on the list. Why does gov play such role in corporations. They eat up all the money and maybe if any put a little sprinkle of it back into the economy to cover their butts. How many gov officials are directly tied to some of the big named Corps ? Must be a good amount of them you would figure since its soo easy for a corporation to Throw some money at you heres 100k for you now i paid taxes this year scenario.
Anyone else doing this dirty business would be nailed by the same thieves that do the stealing......

Support small mom and pop operations stop buying from the same people that think your worthless. These companies will change their tune a little when they realize that the peasants can no longer spend money on crap you dont need. If corps had to pay taxes

Say a Corporation rakes in 999 million dollars in a year; they pay 900 milion dollars out in payroll, supplies, taxes, fees and licenses,and dividends to share holders. Whats left after operating costs is "profits"
Shareholders pay income taxes on those dividends and employees pay income taxes on those wages. states and counties take taxes on facilities and utilities.
Where does this common "unicorn" belief: "corporation don't pay taxes" keep coming from????

the people would have to pay little if not anything at all after the taxes they would have to pay. Even if it came down to that situation , Higher prices or taxes on an item would be justified and understandable.

Whomever said its teenagers that do stealing..... from the experience working in this business in a retirement area. The corporate thefts from customers and not employees is way way higher. Sad thing is that we dont get one over on us by kids they are 60+ years old. That sweet little old lady you know shop lifts like crazy and sells drugs out of her cookie jar on her porch just to supplment an income right now because the system is soo screwed.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

is that supposed to be cool now a day's or in? So what you are admitting is that your a no good thief. Well at least you work I guess. That's more than most now a day's. even if you don't believe in any religion do you not believe in Carma?

You steal or have stolen from all the people that feed you and your family. It's pathetic. What goes around comes around..

So a corporation doesn't feel it. In your mind. Is that really the point?
edit on 5/12/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Support small mom and pop operations stop buying from the same people that think your worthless. These companies will change their tune a little when they realize that the peasants can no longer spend money on crap you dont need. If corps had to pay taxes

Say a Corporation rakes in 999 million dollars in a year; they pay 900 milion dollars out in payroll, supplies, taxes, fees and licenses,and dividends to share holders. Whats left after operating costs is "profits"
Shareholders pay income taxes on those dividends and employees pay income taxes on those wages. states and counties take taxes on facilities and utilities.
Where does this common "unicorn" belief: "corporation don't pay taxes" keep coming from????

the people would have to pay little if not anything at all after the taxes they would have to pay. Even if it came down to that situation , Higher prices or taxes on an item would be justified and understandable.

Corporations are considered persons by law. Shareholder taxes that are paid are personal taxes on their earnings, not taxes on profits (company-wise) made. If corporations are afforded the rights of a legal person, how are they not bound by the same taxes of individuals? They can't have it both ways.

That's like me saying after paying absolutely no income taxes whatsoever "well I do pay sales tax on products, so I pay my taxes". If you want to make wealth in this country and want the afforded opportunies to do so you must pay your fair share of taxes, and companies like GE don't.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

You shouldn't reply to a comment, unless you read it first.

Just a small word of advice.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Originally posted by 46ACE

Corporations are considered persons by law. Shareholder taxes that are paid are personal taxes on their earnings, not taxes on profits (company-wise) made. If corporations are afforded the rights of a legal person, how are they not bound by the same taxes of individuals? They can't have it both ways.

That's like me saying after paying absolutely no income taxes whatsoever "well I do pay sales tax on products, so I pay my taxes". If you want to make wealth in this country and want the afforded opportunies to do so you must pay your fair share of taxes, and companies like GE don't.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

Got any proof of that(?) or is that another one of those things "everybody knows"????

No;wait on second thought :screw it, its off topic. I don't have the time to waste here today.
"fairshare"????
is a whole other can of worms, for another day.

Enjoy the rest of your day

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Proof of what? Proof of GE not paying taxes? That's common knowledge now isn't it? Sorry you don't have the "time".

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This whole argument is why society scares me more than our own government.
Stealing is wrong !
Yet people are trying to justify it on both sides, and debating which is the lesser of two evils.
As a society we accept corruption as a way of life, from our politicians, our courts , law enforcement , businesses,our familys and ourselfs.
So when our monitary system collapes and our great democracy falls don't expect our government to march in and save us , also don't expect to be forced into a FEMA camp.
All they have to do is let us cull the herd ourselves, once we have kill each other and greatly reduced our numbers then those left will be herded into FEMA camps.
Less people means the use of less resources and easier to control, with less effort.
Most people think they know whats coming , but they really don't.

PLEASE, PEOPLE, WAKE UP !!!!!!!
edit on 12-5-2011 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I worked at a warehouse that had millions (literally) of $1000 suits...

Yeah, I took a couple. Like they notice.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Realms

naw just solidified that you are a repub
probably tea-party
cause you've got the party-line down pat

you're against social security
smaller gov=keep out of my business
"gov has no obligation to run a pension plan"
translation: i just want to pay my employees as little as possible and resent SS as an additional cost

you folks just want to do whatever you want with the gov restraining the people when they react against your predatory business models.

well i've got a little bad news:

that constitution y'all are cherry pickin at is a social contract; the agreement between all americans of how things are run here, the limits of what can be gotten away with, and what will not be tolerated here in this country. now that you all have pretty much ripped it up anarchy will soon follow

well all you greedheads have pretty much wrecked this country, like you've wrecked and brought down every past civilization from mesopotamia to the west.

enjoy your economic status while you can.
because those at the top of this pyramid scheme will soon be doing you all in
just like they've done the middle class.

more fool you if you think i'm a troll

see at the soup kitchen

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

naw just solidified that you are a repub probably tea-party cause you've got the party-line down pat

For you to assume with out any viable evidence that I'm a republican shows that you clearly like to label, or generalize. Judgmental people much like yourself are the problem with this country.

you're against social security

I have yet to make any comments about SS. Had you paid attention, you would have seen that Im against any social program not condoned by the Constitution. According Article 1 section 8, the powers vested in Congress gives no such authority to implement such programs. Its apparent that you failed reading comprehension lessons.

smaller gov=keep out of my business

Of course, big government has no place in peoples lives. Do you enjoy the ongoing molestation of your rights and liberties? A simple yes or no will suffice.

you folks just want to do whatever you want with the gov restraining the people when they react against your predatory business models.

Um...no? We the people as described within the Constitution should have the rights to make the decisions for what is best in our lives, with no government intervention. Do you think its the place of government to feed you? Perhaps the government should choose for you what to wear?

that constitution y'all are cherry pickin at is a social contract; the agreement between all americans of how things are run here, the limits of what can be gotten away with, and what will not be tolerated here in this country. now that you all have pretty much ripped it up anarchy will soon follow

You would like to believe it was the big bad Republicans, because it suits your argument. But you do realize that the left vs right paradigm is old and tired. That both the Republicans and the Democrats are one in the same. A key point to remember, you do understand that Democrats have never been champions of smaller government right? They tend to intervene, and expand on infringing policies. Case in point, Obama expanded on the Patriot Act that was implemented by Bush Jr., and continued further, attacking our rights and liberties.

well all you greedheads have pretty much wrecked this country, like you've wrecked and brought down every past civilization from mesopotamia to the west.

And yet another generalization. You want so badly to point the finger at the Republicans, never fully understanding that both parties are one in the same, and with an agenda.

more fool you if you think i'm a troll

Your lack of basic understanding of the fundamentals of political rhetoric, and your continued need to point the finger will keep you in the dark. The left vs right paradigm, accomplishes one thing. Division. And the longer people much like yourself stay divided, the longer it will take to recover.

Keep soakin up that disinformation from the MSM. Apparently, their lies have brainwashed the few and the weak.

edit on 12-5-2011 by Realms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
And the band played on.

Is there any wonder why the TPTB see the people as cannon fodder and useless eaters.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
People steal toilet paper and washing powder from my work. I just think it's scabby, and I'm much too proud of a person to steal. I have 'accidently' stolen before, by taking a texta home in my pocket without realising it's there.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

My father always said if you are going to steal, steal big enough that you don't have to steal again. I guess I was lucky in that I was never in the position that would allow me to steal just once.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join