It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealing From Work and Corporations...Good or Bad?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Sort of a fun thread, and I actually liked the spunk coming through in the OP!

Sure seems like a lot of self-righteous folks posting too, but the OP has characterized himself/herself as a rebel, and is fighting the system after all!

Is it mere "justification", like we all do? Probably. Maybe not so different than the owner of the company, who has never stolen in his life, but cheats on his wife with his secretary, because his fat old wife doesn't put out much anymore...ya know.

Everyone has faults, and while I wouldn't "justify" such small and petty nonsense, even considering the proposition that the OP is a revolutionary, fighting for a cause, I couldn't condone it. Not a bit.

But why not condone it? The OP has made a case, there is "justification", from that point of view. No one is getting killed, even though others have pointed out the "who" that is getting hurt. Perhaps war on such an unjust system is "good", and those willing participants in the monstrous game "should" get spanked somehow. Perhaps one could assert that there is no such thing as an "innocent" shareholder...

And then there's another approach.

The one biggest "little problem" with stealing, is that it makes you a thief. For me, that's the issue. Maybe corporations are terrible. Probably shareholders are hiding behind skirts! Certainly, no one is killed!! But what happens to little 'ole "me", when I "steal"? What could be worth it?

Perhaps the OP can answer better, exactly what happens. Perhaps the once noble Robin Hood, can find it was a slippery slope all along. Guess I'm sounding preachy at this point, sorry.

Anyway, I've got to side with the majority here on the big picture. Raise yourself up, turn away, not just from petty theft, but from pettiness. Be better, hold yourself to standards, pride yourself on truly taking the high road! Refuse to lower yourself. You want to be part of the revolution? Great! But petty theft is never going to be noble, you're fooling yourself.

So what's the "high road" then? It often comes down to this: To thine own self, be true.

JR

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
To the OP : you are an ignorant POS and I bet you make your mother proud. A corporation is just a legal entity registered with a state. Corporations are not automatically evil and regardless you shouldn't take what does not belong to you. I am not shocked that I read your post. Many people I see could care less if their neighbor is dying in their driveway. No respect or regard for others. But I guess it sucks the most for you, bouncing from job to job with no real career.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

Then you must disagree with welfare. Better yet, you then must admit that the corporate bail outs where nothing but theft. It was a mass distribution of taxes payers wealth to companies that where failing. Shouldn't they be left to fall? So you condone a man for stealing paper clips, but care not of the millions stolen by the corps? That logic makes little sense to me.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I steal stuff from work every week and so do others who I work with, it was owned by an English company untill they sold it to an American company, they froze the wages for 2 years, stopped our christmas bonus's, overtime was double pay now it's just regular pay and they increased the work load.

So yeah I say FK em and steal as much as my bag holds

And no I won't get fired because the boss is also angry about the American takeover and does not care what we take.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If you're stealing from a big corporation with multiple chain stores all over the place then who cares. Corporations lie and cheat all the time, how do you think they get as big as they do. FK 'em.

But if you steal from smaller stores, or stores with like, at most 5 chain locations then you are a horrible person.

Everyone saying "but stealing is wroooong!" what are you, 10 years old? There isn't your mom watching, there isn't someone who judges you and lets you into heaven, and Santa Clause isn't real. If you keep yourself from stealing to help yourself and you only let the big corporations do it, then guess who's going to win.

It's like if some country just decided that "guns are bad" and melted down all their guns and got invaded the next day.
edit on 11-5-2011 by RichardPeanut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmerikanDekline
reply to post by ViperChili

I don't personally give two #s about GE or our Government...I'm just saying if i'm paying taxes then huge corporations should as well. Could be i'm just crazy. You avoided that question about hating poor people fyi.

Not to pick on you in particular, but the OP is speaking about stealing from his employer, not corporations stealing from whoever you are imagining they steal from. What are they stealing, exactly? Do you people equate profit with theft? Would you like your income to be exactly enough to cover your expenses and no more? Where does economic growth come from? Personal disposable income from thin air? Where do you dispose of that magic income? On products that are made by corporations, perhaps?

I am not condoning the fact the GE is allowed to shift their numbers to other countries so they don't show a profit in the U.S. I think it's unethical but understandable. Small businesses do that as well - they'll register as corporations in places like Nevada and Wyoming where there are no state income taxes and other tax breaks. The big reason GE does this is because corporate taxes in the U.S. are higher than anywhere else. This is a very business-averse country. They get regulated to death, then taxed to hell on top of that, unless they can avoid it. Believe me, they'd not bother with all the smoke and mirrors if the U.S. created a friendly corporate climate where businesses could actually make money and hire American workers. This is also why companies build billion-dollar factories right across the border to avoid it. Not to stray off topic.

And people think it's okay to rip off some office supplies.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
What do you think you are accomplishing? It sounds to me like you're worse at fighting the man than being an employee.

Call me self-righteous, but your whole justification for this is just backwards and wrong. It's the corporations you are supposedly fighting that perpetuate the eye for an eye theology you so eagerly eat up. Does it feel good to know you are doing exactly what they expect you to do? Enough that they actually budget for it.

You believe they consider you inferior, not worth a decent wage, and at most a minor inconvenience. Your actions only prove them right.

There are good jobs out there. If your company treats you like crap, find another one. Or deal with it. Stealing only hurts yourself and fellow peons.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Ever hear the saying "what goes around, comes around!"

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I have been a "food service manager" for 15 years now... I say this... when you steal ,my bottom line goes down, cause food costs go up.... so that means less hours for you and your asscociates.. cause I will make sure to hit my bottom line so I will get my monthly bonus and you lose your hours.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

I got to thank you op for creating this interesting and entertaining thread, and I do see your point on your little robin hood wannabe stealing from the man crusade that you have going on. And yes everybody steals whether they know it, or call it something else other then stealing.

I am pretty sure everybody has done it one time or another but I am just talking about stealing in general, from work thought it really depends on if you have the necessary paperwork and clout or write-offs to not call it stealing, especially concerning big business/corporations. SO it depends on who you ask what there definition of stealing is.

Though steeling is a crime and is there for a big reason, when it comes to it concerning those in power, like everybody else they do have a habit of not following it even though they endorse it, and even then only if it's for there benefit so a lot of it is justified pillaging and raping on there part, especially some corporations and there reaping of benefits and profits on the back of the ignorants of the world.

It all makes me think of a quote that Julius Caesar once said about "the law" to the best of my knowledge as I can rememberer it.

"One should only break the law, when one can overthrow the law"

And thats the game they play, and why they say the laws are made by the rich to protect there interests, and also the whole "Laws were made to be broken." quote. And thats why the rich or those in power say one thing and make one law or laws, and do another, or don't follow them at all, it's all just a complicated protection plan for them, also it helps if your competitors play by rules that you wont follow, and will always hinder them, while they do whatever they want. Its all just good business practice on there part to take advantage of human ignorance and human nature and gullibility.

As we can see from todays world scene, and off-course history, tptb or "the man" have a habit of saying one thing and doing another, and using the laws to get richer and richer while the poor toil away in there impossible to follow holsters the many law's, inhibitions which are imposed upon them. Just look at the big business and bankster bail outs and you can get a gist of the procedures involved. The law says different things depending on what social class and circumstance that you are in.

And saying all that I really cant fault your thieving ways unless they reach a certain point, and I got to think to myself. "What would Jesus do" And off course like magic the answer is the first part of his quote from the bible.

“Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s"

SO render unto Caesar the things which are Caesars, whether that be monies or anything else including stealing and control mechanisms. After all Caesar or tptb or "the man" are not above the laws of god/nature. And for every action there must be an equal and opposite reaction, just to keep things moving along. Thought they do keep on just going in circles, with all the same old, same old, actions and reactions every generation. But at least the scenery changes.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

It did not take to much thought after reading this to get the drift of what was being said. This is my first post by the way enjoy the inner working of my mind. After the housing market took a dump and struggling to find work for 8 months and after 100's of applications, I found myself working for a big corporation at less wage then when i started working at 16..... I do just about everything in the building for a mere 7.50 an hour. Full time jobs all of a sudden are 30 hrs or more ? Im told to do tests at home to advance , no pay to do this on free time. Raises come around no raises.. Management salaries are freezed. First thing that comes to mind is slavery . Living in a middle of nowhere town in the south. Walmart rolls in takes out half the town instantly. Next all other corporations fast food supermarkets retail corps etc . Here peasants take this low wage and buy our crap that you don't need. Maybe next week you can afford a bar of soap. Being in these situations and learning how this BS retail businesses works and seeing the same consumer zombies coming in day in and day out. No thought into the prices..... except within the last couple of weeks i noticed a change. People are saying things about the prices or the trickery of a corporate bottle size tricks or product shrinkage prices still the same.... It leads one to wonder what the deal is. Go to the store and pick up everyday essentials and the cost could be between 40-100 bucks depending on exactly what you are buying. Now Who looks into these businesses ? how much illegal activities are they involved ? Are they polluting ? are they using slave labor

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Corporations are owned by shareholders who only care about making profits. They will cut every department's staff and budget to make a buck. Your name is on a spreadsheet with the hours you worked and how much you cost every month; not how good of a worker you are or that you support a family.

I do not and would not steal from a company. However, I do keep in mind that I am just an EXPENSE to the company and I will leave at any other better job opportunity regardless of their 2 week notice policy. I have seen people be walked out the door without the company giving them a 2 week notice.

Internalize profits and externalize all expenses [business 101].

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by Realms

would i be correct if take it you approve of child labor then?

Mike Lee: Federal Child Labor Laws Are Unconstitutional (VIDEO)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You just solidified you are a troll? derail much~

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'm not even gonna weigh in on the OP
stopped reading the thread after page 5

why

because the threads become 1 long
Ad hominem attack...

werd to your mutha

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I am sorry I have not kept up with the information in this thread since about page 18 and only have a few minutes now, so I want to ask the same thing I asked earlier and never saw a response for, while there are still several people reading here.

When does the thief know it is ok to steal from a job?

What size does the company need to be to justify the thefts?

Is there a certain number of employees? Is there a certain tax classification (corporation, sole propietorship, etc)

Do you thieves work on a sliding scale of some sort? If the company is smaller do you steal less to be sure things are all equal between the big companies and the small ones, you know, to be sure every company suffers the same?

How do you know when it is right and justifiable to be a thief?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JR MacBeth
Sort of a fun thread, and I actually liked the spunk coming through in the OP!

Sure seems like a lot of self-righteous folks posting too, but the OP has characterized himself/herself as a rebel, and is fighting the system after all!

A rebel? HE STEALS FROM HIS WORKPLACE.

Please don't glorify it ... next you'll be saying it's "cool" and "just being a rebel" to vandalise businesses ... hell, why not firebomb them? They're just stealing from us anyway, so why not burn them to the ground?

To those that condone theft - you're walking on a very slippery slope.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well.....I can be brief on his one.....stealing is always bad...no matter what circumstance.

I also would like to add that if you find ways to justify your stealing there is something wrong with your reasoning.

With all respect, it is my opinion that if you are not able to find the right answer for not stealing you must have a problem somewhere.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

it happens, alot of people who complain about the system, yet seem willing to just grin and bear it.

for the record, years ago before I started working for myself, sure as hell I took things from work, crappy fast food places in high school, always helped myself to the food when I was hungry, walmarts, always took sodas, snacks, office jobs in college, free office supplies helped with some class projects, just didn't steal for my last grunt work, running the kitchen at a privately owned restaurant, because those people were actually pretty decent.

but lets be honest, swiping some burgers or office supplies when you're a kid isn't any moral debate, now if you told me you managed to steal thousands if actually money, then maybe I'd be a little more judgemental, until I asked how any way

nothing to get high and mighty over
edit on 12-5-2011 by Gren because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2011 by Gren because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

and time theft is a ridiculous concept

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPeanut
If you're stealing from a big corporation with multiple chain stores all over the place then who cares. Corporations lie and cheat all the time, how do you think they get as big as they do. FK 'em.

But if you steal from smaller stores, or stores with like, at most 5 chain locations then you are a horrible person.

Everyone saying "but stealing is wroooong!" what are you, 10 years old? There isn't your mom watching, there isn't someone who judges you and lets you into heaven, and Santa Clause isn't real. If you keep yourself from stealing to help yourself and you only let the big corporations do it, then guess who's going to win.

It's like if some country just decided that "guns are bad" and melted down all their guns and got invaded the next day.
edit on 11-5-2011 by RichardPeanut because: (no reason given)

So you believe in eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, I take it?

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join