It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealing From Work and Corporations...Good or Bad?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Do you steal from work? I do. Every single job I've ever had, except for one. And you know what, I dont feel guilty about it. Not one bit.

Now I"ve had some crappy jobs: private snobby country club, Ace Hardware, Panera Bread, Subway and now a generic office job. The only job I never stole from was the privately owned cafe. I didnt steal from them because I'd be stealing from people, not faceless corporate entities. I steal from the rich and give to myself. Much like the rich steal from me (labor power, energy, creativity, time and, of course, the profits I make for the company) and give to themselves.

As a lifelong fighter of the system and sower of discord, I feel a sort of passive agressive satisfaction when I steal from work. Its a way to be a wolf in sheeps clothing, smiling and nodding while secretly undermining the system that enslaves us all (CEOs to janitors, we all work to eat).

So my question is: When and why do you steal from work? If you dont, why not?

When is ok to steal? What virtues are there in stealing from work and corporations?

(For the record: if my boss is reading this...you'll never catch me. Mwahahahaha!!)

edit on 10-5-2011 by doctornamtab because: spelling

+49 more 
posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Well you sound like a real piece of crap with a sense of entitlement.

You listed numerous low paid and low skill jobs, why not make something of yourself instead?

Start your own business and see how much you laugh when employees steal from you.

No one forces you to work, you choose to do so for a certain wage.

If you are unhappy with your wage, that is your fault and yours alone.
edit on 10-5-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
if you want to be as bad as the corporation and put yourself on the same low level... go ahead suit yourself

edit on 10-5-2011 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
No.. I don't want to have criminal record and/or go to jail and/or lose a job.

Stealing from corporations only perpetuates the cycle. You become no better than the system you are "rebelling" so "creatively" against.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Does it make you feel better to steal from "the MAN" ?!?.. Doe's it somehow make you justify your actions?. Or make you feel like you are " Sticking it to the system" ?

If you have answered yes to any of these questions.. Then you might be a kleptomaniac..

Do your self a favor.. and stop before you get caught... Assuming you can't afford to lose another job..

If you are going to fight the system.. it's very simple, DON'T WORK FOR THE SYSTEM! Otherwise you are no better then the corporations..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

No, I don't steal whether I like or don't like the people or the place I work at, I feel that it is wrong to do so. You have helped me understand why the world is so screwed up though, thanks I guess.

edit on 10-5-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

and yet there are people who would never steal who are out of work. i am not judging you, just pointing out the recruitment process does not mean the employer will always get the best suited person to work for the company infact they may end up with somebody who would readily steal things.

my personnal opinion is i would not take anything, i would always consider it could effect other people in ways i had not forseen. for example the company would have to spend more on stock which could mean the difference between them being able to employ a extra member of staff and not. or the extra loss could result in somebody else being let go maybe even me. the company may no realise stock is being taken and really do believe they get through 1,000 toliet rolls for 10 staff per month.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Well you sound like a real piece of crap with a sense of entitlement.

You listed numerous low paid and low skill jobs, why not make something of yourself instead?

Start your own business and see how much you laugh when employees steal from you.

If you are unhappy with your wage, that is your fault and yours alone.
edit on 10-5-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

Why are corporations the only ones who get to steal?

I dont steal from people, I steal from work. There is a difference.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Why are corporations the only ones who get to steal? I dont steal from people, I steal from work. There is a difference.

A crime is a crime..
edit on 10-5-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Do you steal from work?

Stealing is called "shrinkage" in Accounting and is factored in. You are not stealing from the corporation or business, you are stealing from the consumer.

Corporations can get real ticked about it. I have been at two corporations where they caught the people and tossed their rumps in jail. One used Pinkerton agents to buddy up to the suspect......

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

and yet there are people who would never steal who are out of work. i am not judging you, just pointing out the recruitment process does not mean the employer will always get the best suited person to work for the company infact they may end up with somebody who would readily steal things.

my personnal opinion is i would not take anything, i would always consider it could effect other people in ways i had not forseen. for example the company would have to spend more on stock which could mean the difference between them being able to employ a extra member of staff and not. or the extra loss could result in somebody else being let go maybe even me. the company may no realise stock is being taken and really do believe they get through 1,000 toliet rolls for 10 staff per month.

Corporations actually have thievery placed right into their budgets. I read financial statements all day and you'd be surprised how much they simply chalk up to stealing. And maybe those out of work should lie to get work.

My point is that corporations and most jobs treat people like garbage. Why suffer it? Why not fight back? Besides, if corporations act without morals why should I be moral at work?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

That's right, you don't have to work. Just sit down until you die from hunger. Nobody forces you, but come on.

Personally, I can see where the OP is getting at. And if I were his co-worker I wouldn't rat on him(a bunch of posters here would do it like Judas). But me, stealing from jobs...no, never even felt the urge to do it as I was happy earning my peasants wage. I'd find it way more gratifying if I managed to climb the ladder and fire all the douchebags in charge, kind of self-defeating but worth a

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Actually you do steal from people. The shareholders of a company.

Grow up and quit acting like a parasite.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

Do you steal from work?

Stealing is called "shrinkage" in Accounting and is factored in. You are not stealing from the corporation or business, you are stealing from the consumer.

Corporations can get real ticked about it. I have been at two corporations where they caught the people and tossed their rumps in jail. One used Pinkerton agents to buddy up to the suspect......

Ha! Corporate spies who infiltrate and turn in fellow employees. Ha! I'm not surpised one bit.

If you still work there, why? What were they stealing? Paperclips? Corporate documents?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Actually you do steal from people. The shareholders of a company.

Grow up and quit acting like a parasite.

So exaclty what are shareholders of a company contributing? They collect 100% of the profits I make for them without working at all. They simply "provide capital".

Shareholders are the parasites

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

o.k. you got me thinking about how many more jobs employers could offer if they did not have to account for stealing. bare with me whilst i go off into pondering mode, i will be back sometime soon.... maybe.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

lol 100%?

Not quite little boy.

Learn the business world, grow up, and start your own business.

You failed to answer my initial question: Why are you working these low skilled, low paying jobs? Aren't your skills worth more?

Evidently not.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

I work a decently skilled job now but it provides nothing for society. It is in the field in which I earned my degree.

My job is what I do to get money. My work is completely different and its what I do for society. Unfortunately, fighitng the man isnt hiring nowadays and I have to do it on my "free" time.

Now answer my question: What do shareholder do for work? Why act morally if businesses we work for do not?
edit on 10-5-2011 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Wow,...you sure are taking alot of flack.

Why not look at it as borrowing for a while. If any body asks about it, you could bring it back without being noticed. lol.....

There is no shame in permanently borrowing somthing.

S&F op for having the balls to make this thread. From the looks of it, you can use some support.

Go sticky fingers.

edit on 10-5-2011 by liejunkie01 because: was no done

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
we got rid of a lowlife such as yourself once and he had the balls to call and demand a reference. Knowing leagelly you can't say anything bad about someone. When the possible new employeer called on the reference. I told her that his termination was just and the investigation was ongoing. ran into him about 6 months ago and he gave up looking for work and moves from fat chick on welfare to fat chick on welfare and has been to jail a couple of times and is not allowed in his parents home. Have a nice life lowlife

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join