It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil's Advocate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The other day, I had the opportunity to catch my favorite movie on television, The Devil’s Advocate, staring Al Pacino, Keanu Reeves and Charlize Theron. And as it always does, it made me question what I would do if I were placed in (Kevin Lomax) the main characters position. What would I do if I found out that everything in my life was set up for me? What would I do if I found out that my father was Satan and that he wanted my seed to conceive the “Anti-Christ”? What if he offered me anything I could imagine? As we saw Kevin’s response, he blew his brains out. I doubt my reaction would be so drastic. In fact I tend to think that I would lean more to side of going along with all.

What would you do?

Is it truly better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven?

"Why not? I'm here on the ground with my nose in it since the whole thing began. I've nurtured every sensation man's been inspired to have. I cared about what he wanted and I never judged him. Why? Because I never rejected him. In spite of all his imperfections, I'm a fan of man! I'm a humanist. Maybe the last humanist."
~John Milton (aka Satan)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

This is one of my favorite movies! Good question, I think I would not enjoy the life of acepting all that the "Devil" would give knowing that I was hurting others in the process. As in the movie when your faced with limited options and trapped and not able to get out of it I guess I would have to do the same and blow my brains out. Of couse if the ability to stop being a lawyer or media slave (reporter) was an option without the constant hell the "Devil" would put you through and the hell your loved ones would have to share I would choose that option but I don't see that option as a possiblity in this scenario. Good Question, Thanks!
edit on 10-5-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well, as I preceive it, with the acceptance that you are the son of Satan you would assume there are endless perks to be enjoyed on earth which would leave me to question what happens after that. As the son of Satan, do you continue to reign in hell with all the earthly delights, or is the bible correct in it's assumption that it will reign supreem. As Milton said, "concider the source."

join