It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus Perdicts Osama Bin Laden's Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It was in Quatrain 6-33 which has been mistaken as a reference to the gulf war:

Sa main dernière par Alus sanguinaire,
Ne se pourra par la mer garantir:
Entre deux fleuves craindre main militaire,
Le noir l'ireux le fera repentir."

His final hand through Alus,
he will be unable to protect himself by sea.
Between two rivers he will fear the military hand,
the black one, irate, will make him regret it.

Abbotabad Pakistan lies between two rivers:

Google Maps

Second, Barack Obama is the first black president (although first black leader isn't necessary). Thus, he is the black one who will make him regret it.

Finally, "he will be unable to protect himself by sea." Osama Bin Laden was dumped into the sea. He was not burried as a Martyr and his legacy will not go on. Thus, he could not protect himself. Not to mention it was the Navy Seals that killed him.

BTW, I'd appreciate it if we could stick to the topic. I don't want this thread to become a "is osama dead or not" thread.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Ryanp5555 because: Wanted to ask to stay on topic

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Just posting after 5555 as I`m 6666, LOL

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

I don't know how anyone can believe what Nostradamus was saying in his Quatrains. I remember everyone saying that the world was coming to an end in July 1999, but that didn't happen. Even though it had a lot of people worried.

You can read what you like into these Quatrains, to fit all circumstances. If it wasn't Osama being killed (allegedly) then it would fit some other circumstance later on down the road.
edit on 10/5/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Good post, but sometimes Nostradamus' quatrains can be interpreted in many different ways. Nevertheless, good find!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Haha, that is funny.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Sorry, but no, modern day interpretation is the role reason why any Nostradamus prediction can be seen to work. And It's this very same reason why they do not. You see, there should be no room for interpretation at all. A prediction should be clear and then accurate for it to be taken seriously by anyone.

If for example, he used the words 'Osama' or anything else actually relating to what happened here, such as an actual date or a full name perhaps, then I'd think differently and maybe take this very seriously, but until then, It's nothing but interpretation from people making it work. And nothing more than..

After all, haven't you ever wondered why most big events today, or through the ages, seem to fit at least one (or many) so called 'Nostradamus Prediction? It's no coincidence and It's certainly not because of some ancient prophet..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Yeah I can understand that. To be honest, I wasn't a believer until I watched the History Channel's 500 year anniversary special of Nostradamus today. This is where I caught that. It was made in 2003, so they said the quatrain I provided was the gulf war, and the black one was Colin Powell.

Some say that the July 1999 event was Kennedy's plane crash. But I don't know. I can understand those who are skeptical.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
His predictions have no value at all if they can only be made to fit historical occurrences after the fact, which as far as I've seen is all that can be done with them. People have made future predictions based on his quatrains and not one has come true. His writings are far too vague to be of any use.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I can totally see the correlation, OP... I don't know enough about Nostradamus' prophecies to comment, except I'm curious to know who/what "Alus" means. Could it be "Allah"?

This link is an article on this very topic, written by John Hogue, who you may or may not of heard of. He's pretty clued into the quatrains by Nostradamus.

hogueprophecy.com...

edit on 10-5-2011 by StereoInferno because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Sorry, but no, modern day interpretation is the role reason why any Nostradamus prediction can be seen to work. And It's this very same reason why they do not. You see, there should be no room for interpretation at all. A prediction should be clear and then accurate for it to be taken seriously by anyone.

If for example, he used the words 'Osama' or anything else actually relating to what happened here, such as an actual date or a full name perhaps, then I'd think differently and maybe take this very seriously, but until then, It's nothing but interpretation from people making it work. And nothing more than..

After all, haven't you ever wondered why most big events today, or through the ages, seem to fit at least one (or many) so called 'Nostradamus Prediction? It's no coincidence and It's certainly not because of some ancient prophet..

In order to describe what you are asking, would require him to be so prophetic that he would have to be able to hear and actually know what was really going on. For instance, he may have to know what a tank was, and what we would call it in Latin.

If you look at his predictions about Hitler (Hister) those are pretty accurate. The only issue is why do the quatrains jump all around. I don't know, but they are still quite accurate. I'm not sure you can take what he said and apply it to everything. For instance, his prediction of landing on the moon can really only be applied to the moon if you ask me:

He will come to travel to the corner of Luna,
where he will be captured and put in a strange land,
The unripe fruits to be subject of great scandal,
great blame, to one, great praise.

Clearly Luna means moon. The entire thing was captured on video and there still are scandals of whether or not we landed on the moon. The Russians weren't happy and the US celebrated. Maybe I'm being too lenient with the word captured, but that is the only part you can really say is somewhat unclear and calls this into question.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
His predictions have no value at all if they can only be made to fit historical occurrences after the fact, which as far as I've seen is all that can be done with them. People have made future predictions based on his quatrains and not one has come true. His writings are far too vague to be of any use.

I agree 100%. However, it doesn't mean they aren't interesting.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Anyone can write about crap and eventually yeah it will come true, especially when people are looking for it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I agree. But you see, Nostradamus hasn't predicted anything, I think he is manifesting it. Some of it simply hasn't taken effect.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Wake me up when Nostradamus predicts the winning Lotto numbers.

new topics

top topics

join