It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: US Financial Sector & DC Alert Level Raised to Orange

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The strikes are inevitable, whether they come as one or many. The media, under the notion that it is controlled to serve the High Cabal in the USA, is preparing its citizens for a drastic terror attack that will shake the sleeping masses, inciting their fear, a fear that the High Cabal will feed upon to fuel their planned agendas for world domination.

The media is alerting the people of the United States that there are numbers of Arab people crossing into American terroritory illegally. It's possible that these Arab people are/were going to be used in the next terror plot against the people of the United States. Yet, this allegation of Arab people crossing the borders into America is being denied by border patrol spokespeople. Why is this being denied? Is the High Cabal telling the border patrol to keep their mouths shut? This scenario almost parallels what happened to the FBI before the 9/11 attacks, in which they were demanded to stop investigating Bin Laden.

The masses in the United States are being warned and it is a warning that you should not take lightly because, in my opinion, the terror attacks are going to occur. Before the terror attacks even happen, we should ask ourselves, again, who is going to benefit from these terror attacks? The big boys with their banks, of course.

Then you may think, "but these terrorists are arab people who are jihadists." Well, you might be aware that the CIA trains arabs to be terrorists, and the Mossad has been caught with their pants down as well when they told and paid non-Israelis to pose as "Al-Qaeda".

United States has already been hi-jacked at the point of 9/11. Now, the media is warning you to watch out. The controlled agency of the High Cabal in the USA, namely Al-Qaeda, is setting up their preparations for an attack, as received from "credible" sources. Sources from, obviously, CIA/Mossad/Al-Qaeda, the terrorists themselves.

For good reason the Government is warning the people.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I agree with Mauddib. It may very well be a ploy to distract security and attention from another target. That is what AlQueada did in France about a month before they bombed the Train in Spain. I think we ought to concentrate on the West Coast and Arizona and Texas where strange people have been intercepted.

On the other hand, it may be a political ruse to increase interest in the Republican National convention

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

I think in their eyes the gov't can "do no right", that they only "do wrong"

Most definitely. No matter what the administration does, and no matter what the last name of the administration is, this is a Catch-22. Because society has become nothing but malcontents insistent on blaming everything on some one else - and it always seems to be some one other than the people who did it to them.

**Big phat whatever going their way.**

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
You know... Al-Qaeda are not a band of supergeniuses who can outwit us at every turn. Our actions are not always because we are reacting to them.

We are perfectly able of being one up on them.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Interesting how paranoid some folks in states are becoming. Yes there is a threat and there is no way you can protect yourself as an individual from attack. All you can hope is that the relevant agencies (police, CIA, FBI, MI5, Interpol etc etc) all work together and avert the attack before it happens. Increased security "on the day" will only succeed in averting an attack due to luck and not design. Publishing data about an imminent threat does absolutely nothing to alleviate the situation and just makes everyone even more paranoid and freedoms curbed. If the relevant agencies fail to prevent an attack then if you are unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, you're dead. Even if the "plot" is foiled the terrorist will still look upon the effort as a partial success if the victims are paranoid and ever closer towards a police state i.e. their freedoms have been curbed. The very attribute that sets apart the terrorist from their victims.

I think you americans need to look at the world without your insular vision and see how other states have coped with terrorism for years and years and years. The way you talk you'd think terrorist attacks are a new threat. They aren't they are very old and the current worldwide one is Islamic Fundamentalist in origin. Of course there are still many many other terrorist problems confined entirely within a country.

Personally, I think the next most likely target is the Olympic games opening ceremony whilst being watched by hundreds of millions live on their TV's.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by moxie mouse
Unfortunately, we are in a global war against radical jihadists and some folks wish to bury their head in the sands and suggest that this is all some sort of govt ploy.

We have been at war with these people (radical jihadists) for over a decade but have failed to recognize the nature of the threat. We failed to recognize the scale and scope of the problem and instead viewed these as isolated events.

First thing we need to do is militarize our borders and stop the influx of unkonwn people. We now have the prospect of terrorists coming across the borders instead of mexicans looking for work. This is a major hemoraging point and we must move quickly to stem the flow.

That is the only way. Shut off ALL Borders and anyone who does come in has to have a back ground check and all the paper work. Even if they have to hold these people for a day or two. We have to do something now. These people live in a desert which means they would not have a problem crossing the border in Arizonia, New Mexico, Texas, or Southern California. There are way too many miles of UN-protected Borders that need to be closed off. If we are going to win this war we have to do everything possible to protect our homeland.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This is funny how we get glue to the TV in our comfortable air conditioned houses waiting for something to happened I went from I don't care to actually expecting something to really happened so we can have another 4 years of reminders and probably the victims of 9/11 will be able to rest in peace after new victims take over, this is discussing and I feel ashamed of myself for thinking like this but is the true and I know that is others out there that are wishing that something indeed happened.
During the next few days so they can say "see I told you" Unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
not sure how much of what I am about to post has already been said but after reading the first few posts, there are a few things that need to be cleared up.

1. RNC is not two weeks away - it is closer to 4 weeks away.

2. NYC media is not keeping this quiet. Chuck Schumer actually appeared on the 11 PM broadcast on NBC. The threat covered the first 4 stories on the news and at the end they posted a listing of the potential targets, to further enforce the matter at hand.

3. I live 4 blocks from the citicorp building that is one of the subjects. Yesterday, prior to knowing of the seriousness of the new alert, I walked past the building with my wife and daughter and saw a ton of heavily armed and heavily armored terrorist task force cops. They were all over the block and stationed across the street as well. They are closing streets around the building and they are closing down many of the entrances to the city so that commercial vehicles are forced to enter thru fewer areas, allowing the terror task force to search them in fewer locations.

I am always a little wary of the terror alert changes since, as was mentioned on this site, we are always at orange and they rarely do much different when these press releases come out. This one is either one elaborate, expensive waste of time or very, very serious. Chuck Schumer is a member of the homeland security team and he was talking about how serious this was. he talked about how they came across the information, how it came from multiple sources and how intricate the information is.

The things uncovered:
Building plans. Information regarding security in place,including uniforms and whether or not security is armed. Garage locations. Police and fire department locations (Citicorp has one of each a block away). They even uncovered information detailing the angle a driveway slopes under one of the buildings.

this is not your normal threat. Take it from a local.

Reporting live, from New York City.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Thanks for that input but why the Citicorp my question is who will benefit from all this?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Thanks for that input but why the Citicorp my question is who will benefit from all this?

Actually, it does make sense in a way. If they go after Citicorp or any of the other finacial institutions that have been identified it will cause a global disruption to the world economy. Look at what happened after WTC. None of the world markets have really recovered from the plunge that took place immediately after they fell.
Doing something like this will give the terrorist what they want which is a continuing stance on all the front pages of all the headlines. As for the beheadings (which has been in the news) many countries (ie South Korea) is blocking most of this type of news as being detrimental to the local people.
My 2 cents

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Here is some info about the Arizona Battle at the Border with Mexican Army. They are actualty shooting at us for chasing illegals back into Mecxico.
Why is CNN, ABC, CBS, and other left wing media providers not covering this story? I even heard we have water stations set up in the desert so that illegal aliens won't die when crossing the deadly Arizona desert.

worldnetdaily.com...

And the HLS (Home Land Security) is worried about NYC. Maybe the whole country should be under the Orange Alert.

Sorry about the location, im going to start a new Post

[edit on 2-8-2004 by AntiPolitrix]

[edit on 2-8-2004 by AntiPolitrix]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Citicorp is a major global institution and it must be viewed as an economic symbol of our strength.

Funny thing is, a good friend of mine works for Citigroup and he was on the team that was put together to discuss bidding for the Iraqi banking rights and my friend told his boss (Weill) that he would leave the company if they got involved in Iraq. They didn't. Perhaps that had something to do with it.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It sounds like they have a good plan, really. How do you hit the US the hardest? Destabalize it's economy. I doubt this is anything more than another fear fix for Americans. You know, they start going crazy if there's nothing to be scared of for too long.
Orange alert! Put on a sweater and bring an umbrella!
I hope they take out Capital One, actually. I still owe them.

[edit on 2-8-2004 by Damned]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You people do realize that this is the government just trying to scare us. It was the government itself that did the attacks of September 11, not Osama Bin Laden and his friends. Problem reaction solution that is how it works. There was set to be a covention for the Democrats in the next few weeks. Millions were going to protest so conveniently a new threat of an attack comes in, and now the streets will look like a police stste even more so then it already is. Let me tell you this if a terrorist attack does occur it will be the government at it again not this Al-quida group.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Most definitely. No matter what the administration does, and no matter what the last name of the administration is, this is a Catch-22. Because society has become nothing but malcontents insistent on blaming everything on some one else - and it always seems to be some one other than the people who did it to them.

^^What she said.^^

To the people that keep saying "the government is behind 9/11 and any other attacks that may come".....so tell me, terrorist attacks only happen in the US?......... pleaase.....oh yeah I forgot...the evil US is behind everything....

"Oh watch out... a fly just farted, it must be the US behind it to scare us like that...."

"Yeah, I am telling you the CIA trained the fly to fart that loud. It is a government plot I am sure, althou I won't post any reliable information to back it up, I know it is true...."

(I apologize...couldn't resist, and I think we need some humor anyways...)

[edit on 2-8-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
PARANOID FANTASIES ABOUT SEPT 11 DISTRACT FROM THE REAL ISSUES

by Gerard Holmgren [email protected]

Copyright Gerard Holmgren. Jan 2003.

EDIT: CONTENT REMOVED. WE DO NOT ALLOW FULL COPIES OF REFERENCE DOCUMENTS. PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK AND YOU MAY COPY ONE OR TWO PARAGRAPHS.

[edit on 8-2-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Fuhr86, first, if you are going to quote from another site, do not copy and paste everyting except two-three paragraphs or so, and do include a link to whatever you quoted from.

Second the involvement of the government in 9/11, the wtc demolition "theory," and some other wild theories, all which you post above, have been discussed in other threads throughout the forums, and quite some of it has been debunked as just unsubstanciated wild theories, if you do have some "reliable information" do post it in one of those threads.

------edited to add comment-------

[edit on 2-8-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I just came across this: Reports That Led to Terror Alert Were Years Old, Officials Say

Much of the information that led the authorities to raise the terror alert at several large financial institutions in the New York City and Washington areas was three or four years old, intelligence and law enforcement officials said on Monday. They reported that they had not yet found concrete evidence that a terrorist plot or preparatory surveillance operations were still under way.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Drudge is also quoting reporting the two stories regarding the fact this is all based on years old intelligence with no current reasons to release it. Was this really a ploy as Howard Dean said today?

WASH POST Page One: Alerts Stemmed from Pre-9/11 Acts /// 'There is nothing right now that we're hearing that is new,' said one senior law enforcement official who was briefed on the alert. 'Why did we go to this level?... I still don't know that'... POST: 'Most of the information was compiled prior to the Sept. 11 attacks and that there are serious doubts about the age of other, undated files'...

Drudge Report Front Page
Washington Post Article

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Did you notice an Al Qaeda leader was captured during the Democratic convention when the administration couldn't buy space on the front page of a newspaper?

The following week, when Bush drew more demonstrators than supporters at his campaign stops, and Kerry and Edwards were being mobbed by supporters, we suddenly have a new terror alert. (Based on very old info...another ploy for paranoia? Diversionary tactics? Look over here, while I pull a rabbit out of my a55!)

Can anybody guess what might happen during the Republican convention, and who might be captured about 10 days before the election?

Getting back to the terror alert, Ridge announced the alert in Washington and New York was being raised from yellow to orange. When a reporter pointed out to him that New York was already on orange alert, Ridge said, "We have several layers of orange alert. We can layer them on top of each other."

A few months ago when I said Ridge wanted to upgrade the five color alert system to seven colors, but he couldn't decide which two colors would be compatible with the five currently being used, some thought I was joking.

Damn, what's up with the censor? You type a word it doesn't like, and nothing shows up at all!
Wouldn't it be better to have *****'s or something? That's kind of confusing for many, I'm sure.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by Damned]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join