It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: US Financial Sector & DC Alert Level Raised to Orange

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Very well said. I posted a few quotes from terrorists and also included a number of links.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How people can suggest that this is simply fear mongering is simply amazing. There is ample documentation of both ideology (modivation) specific threats (intent) and deeds that underscore the nature of the threat all non muslims (kafirs) face.

Radical jihadists wish to re-establish a global islamic celephate. Many are quite clear in this. Moreover, they place their global jihad within this general context. Imagine a southern baptist view of a religious apocolypse, a show down between good and evil. After a terrible clash between the forces of good and evil, the forces of good prevail. An overly simplfied example, but you get the idea. Now, simply flip your orientation between good and evil. All muslims are good and everyone else is evil.

Starting to get the picture? Add in some wahabi and middle eastern oil money and you have the makings of a pretty awful nightmare.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
One thing many people overlook is that the multi-faceted uses any given situation can have. It's interesting to note that for humans, in computer programming and engineering, many things are designed only to have one function. That gives us insight to how we think.

Now, if you look at nature, many things have multiple roles. Many areas of the brain, for example, have unidirectional connections and take "input" from a variety of sources. This is analogous to multi-threaded programming (multiple programs running at once) and we humans can't debug those programs worth a damn. We may be able to multi-task well, but we can't design things with many multiple uses or understand how they work, very well.

What does all this have to do with terror alerts and their intent? Quite simple:

Terror has many uses. The war on Terror is multi-faceted. One event represents multiple movements. Code Red tells you to # in your pants. To stock up on food. To submit to fear control, among other things. Many groups of peopel with a single agenda can use terror alerts for different reasons.

Also, your reaction to a terror alert is an indication of how prepared you are.

[edit on 1-8-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think everyone should be forced to read "The New Pearl Harbor" by David Ray Griffin

The New Pearl Harbor

It dosen't explain or attempt to explain what is going on in the world right now, but it allows people to draw their own conclusions to that effect.

EDIT: edited url for format

[edit on 8-1-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Illmatic67, I will have to agree with you, for three years the government has feed us with a state of high alarm and warnings, the true effect of such threat level warnings is making people become oblivious of this.

This tell me that the offices of the homeland security and this nation overall security is so bad that they can not even tell a real thread from a hoax, in three years this administration had more than enough time to learn how to filter the possibilities from the hoax.

Perhaps the government knows how short the attention spans of much citizens and needs to remind constantly about our imminent danger.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Just a bunch of BS because the IMF and World Bank would only profit a great deal if their buildings were blown up.Think about it with all of their control and holdings they would come out smelling like a rose even if some employees died. Also if we do have a large scale attack and have Martial Law we can wipe out national debt to help protect the country and all of the sheepol will go along with it because yes the sky is falling.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
I think everyone should be forced to read "The New Pearl Harbor" by David Ray Griffin

Amazon Book Link

It dosen't explain or attempt to explain what is going on in the world right now, but it allows people to draw their own conclusions to that effect.

Just happens to be my garden pleasure at this time, outstanding book, very interesting and accurate.

Also reading, and finding interesting.
Why do people hate America.
JFK, the second plot.
Worse than Watergate.

Edited: Fixed URL.

[edit on 1-8-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Shortly post 9-11:
"Why didn't the government warn us?!? Why didn't they tell us about the vague threats they received??"

Now:
"Why are they telling us about these threats?!? They're trying to scare us!"

Which way do you want it? Huh?
Think about it.
The same people who complain about the government keeping information from us are the ones who scream about 'fear tactics' when they actually DO tell us anything.

Sheesh.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You may be right. Maybe I'm just a simple person who is not as sophisticated as you are. Perhaps I'm so thick I am incapable of reading through the lines and unraveling the big conspiracy.

Because all I can do is read what radical jihadists say they believe and why, listen to what they say they want to do and then judge their motivations, intent etc...by their actions.

You imply that I'm brain washed b/c I assert that radical islamics see the world divided between them and kafirs (non belivers). Moreover, that they wish to do us harm.

I've provided ample documentation for my views, as evidenced by previous posts and the inclussion of links (including the following).

Now, are all of these radical islamic clerics on the US payroll as part of the big conspiracy? Or perhaps they don't mean what they say....or perhaps they've been taken out of context. I don't have perfect knowledge, I can only judge based on my powers of deduction, reason and observation.

Perhaps you should expose yourself to more information before you make statements about how simple the rest of us are and can respond based on the body of evidence I've provided that counters your big conspiracy view.

Please take the time to refute the validity of my underlying statements and assumptions based on their merits. While you're at it, perhaps you'd like to refute the comments of some of the radical jihadists and clerics (links provided below) that support my world view. Perhaps you're sophisticated enough to realize what they "really mean" and can spell it out for the rest of us.

New Al-Qa'ida Online Magazine Features Interview with a 'Most-Wanted' Saudi Islamist, Calls for Killing of Americans and Non-Muslims

Supporters of the Al-Qa'ida organization in Saudi Arabia launched a new on-line magazine, " The Voice of Jihad." The magazine was described as a "biweekly dealing with Jihad and the Mujahideen in the Arabian Peninsula." The following are excerpts from the first issue: [1]

www.memri.org...

Contemporary Islamist Ideology Authorizing Genocidal Murder

Introduction

Islamism, also called "radical Islam" or "fundamentalist Islam," sets Jihad - holy war against infidels as the single most important religious duty of Islam. It differs from mainstream Islam in its understanding of th obligation of Jihad and of how it should be carried out.

Mainstream Islam restricts the religious duty of Jihad in various ways. First, according to mainstream Islam, not all infidels are to be fought against or killed. Infidels who live under Muslim rule as dhimmi, that is, who have accepted the protection of Islam and the conditions imposed upon them by Islamic law, are not to be killed. Further, most mainstream Muslim jurists maintain that even when Jihad is being fought, some infidels within the enemy camp, such as women, children, the elderly, and the disabled, should be spared. According to most Muslim jurists, certain types of arms or methods of warfare must not be used for example, poisoned arrows and poisoning the enemy's wells which could be construed as a basis for prohibiting chemical and biological warfare.

Second, in mainstream Islam, Jihad is usually construed as the collective duty of the Muslim community as a whole (fard kifaya ), rather than as an individual duty. That is, the Muslim ruler determines when and how to engage in it or to desist from it. It is not an individual religious duty, such as prayer or fasting, to be discharged by every Muslim (fard 'ayn). Only when the infidels invade the lands of Islam does Jihad become an individual religious duty.

Contemporary Islamism, however, holds that Islam is now under attack, and therefore Jihad is now a war of defense, and as such has become not only a collective duty but an individual duty without restrictions or limitations. That is, to the Islamists, Jihad is a total, all-encompassing duty to be carried out by all Muslims men and women, young and old. All infidels, without exception, are to be fought and annihilated, and no weapons or types of warfare are barred. Furthermore, according to them, current Muslim rulers allied with the West are considered apostates and infidels.

One major ideological influence in Islamist thought was Sayyid Qutb. Qutb, an Egyptian, was the leader of the Muslim Brotherhood movement. He was convicted of treason for plotting to assassinate Egyptian president Gamal Abd Al-Nasser and was executed in 1966. He wrote extensively on a wide range of Islamic issues. According to Qutb, "There are two parties in all the world: the Party of Allah and the Party of Satan the Party of Allah which stands under the banner of Allah and bears his insignia, and the Party of Satan, which includes every community, group, race, and individual that does not stand under the banner of Allah." [1]

This article will examine contemporary Islamist sources advocating this approach to non-Muslims. [2]

www.memri.org...

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
They're just scaring us...

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gm0n3y

Yeah....like 9/11 or 3/11 huh? those did not really happen, they were some sort of illusion......
Ok gm0n3y, think whatever you want. You are entitled to it, but you are wrong.

We do know that this does not mean the threat is imminent, but stil, there is a threat.

[edit on 1-8-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
this came up as breakin news...dunno if u have it or not as the briefing i just saw on the web

story

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gm0n3y

No they're not. I thought it was just about stirring up the "Christians" before hearing the specific "threat".

Here's what I heard:

Attention Individual Stock Investors

The following is a list of Financial Institutions we've been discussing specific terror threats with for the past several days.

World Bank
Citigroup
etc...

As of now they and our sophisticated institutional investors with prior access to this information and weekend access to the Stock Exchange that you don't have are short selling each other like crazy.

Please go to your computers and phones and place market sell orders to transfer more of your money up to our core constituency of insiders. Then when nothing happens and they buy back their own stock with your money, celebrate in the robust and resiliant economy of Geroge W. Bush.

Happy selling middle class!

Even if something does happen, all the money to be made happened already. An analysis of insider trading and short selling is DEFINITELY called for. Follow the money.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Most people don't know that the stock exchange isn't actually required to sell shares. I'll bet there are plenty phone calls going on now.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This tell me that the offices of the homeland security and this nation overall security is so bad that they can not even tell a real thread from a hoax, in three years this administration had more than enough time to learn how to filter the possibilities from the hoax.

A lot of people have no idea how we attain intelligence, or they think this intelligence is always on the dot. We gather intelligence by listening to chatter from known terrorist websites and listening to conversations from known terrorists, among other ways.

Just like Banshee stated.... If there is intelligence telling us that terrorist are talking about an attack, the government decides that is probable these threats are not real, they do not warn the public, but there is an attack like 9/11......Bash and danm the government for not telling us...."they knew it and they didn't warns us...."
If the government does warn us of threats and chatter that intelligence has gathered, it is immediately labeled as "a government ploy to keep us in fear.".....

Tell me Marg.....how do you filter chatter from terrorists of an attack and decide whether it is real or not? It is also possible that the chatter is a ploy "by the terrorists" and they would attack some other time or some other target.

[edit on 1-8-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Assoc Press has some more details:

The government provided a wealth of detail that it had picked up in the past 36 hours, but a senior intelligence official described it only on condition of anonymity. The official described "excruciating detail" and meticulous planning "indicative of al-Qaida."

The official said the intelligence included security in and around these buildings; the flow of pedestrians; the best places for reconnaissance; how to make contact with employees who work in the buildings; the construction of the buildings; traffic patterns; locations of hospitals and police departments; and which days of the week present less security at these buildings.

To illustrate the level of detail obtained, the official cited these examples: midweek pedestrian traffic of 14 people per minute on each side of the street for a total of 28 people; that some explosives might not be hot enough to melt steel; and that the construction of some buildings might prevent them from falling down.

And then this...

The official said he had not seen such extraordinary detail in his 24 years in intelligence work.

A White House spokeswoman, Erin Healy, said the intelligence on the threat is "very new, coming in during the last 72 hours."

Sobering stuff....

This is a world away from "increased chatter"

[edit on 1-8-2004 by rangeroftheeast]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Great post rangeroftheeast!

Indeed, quite sobering. Information provides us a context by which we can evaluate events and circumstances.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Thanks to www.homelandsecurityus.com

1 August 2004 - Secretary Ridge Announces Threat Level Code Orange for Financial Sector in New York City, Northern New Jersey and Washington, D.C.

The complete text of Secretary Ridge's comments is shown below

Good afternoon. President Bush has told you, and I have told you, when we have specific credible information, we will share it.

This afternoon, we do have new and unusually specific information about where al Qaida would like to attack. As a result, today, the United States Government is raising the threat level to Code Orange for the financial services sector in New York City, Northern New Jersey and Washington, D.C.

Since September 11th, 2001, leaders of our commercial financial institutions have demonstrated exceptional leadership in improving its security. However, in light of new intelligence information, we have made the decision to raise the threat level for this sector, in these communities, to bring protective resources to their highest capacity. This will allow us to increase protection in and around those buildings that require it and also raise awareness for employees, residents, customers and visitors. We know from experience that increased physical protection and added vigilance from citizens can thwart a terrorist attack. And that is our goal.

This is the first time we have chosen to use the Homeland Security Advisory System in such a targeted way. Compared to previous threat reporting, these intelligence reports have provided a level of detail that is very specific. The quality of this intelligence, based on multiple reporting streams in multiple locations, is rarely seen and is alarming in both the amount and specificity of the information.

While we are providing you with this immediate information, we will continue to update you as the situation unfolds. As of now, this is what we know: reports indicate that al Qaida is targeting several specific buildings, including the International Monetary Fund and World Bank in D.C.; Prudential Financial in Northern New Jersey; and Citigroup buildings and the New York Stock Exchange in New York. Let me assure you, actions to further strengthen security around these buildings are already underway. Additionally, were concerned about targets beyond these and are working to get more information.

Senior leadership across the Department of Homeland Security, in coordination with the White House, the FBI, CIA and other federal agencies, have been in constant contact with the governors, mayors and homeland security advisors of the affected locations I just named.

We have talked with the executive leadership of the companies that own these businesses and operate these buildings the people who know these facilities best.

We have told them that, at this time, there is no information that indicates a specific time for these attacks beyond the period leading up to our national elections.

Of course, just because we know where but not precisely when that does not mean that we cannot take pre-emptive action. Just the opposite: when collection activities provide specific information, we tailor security measures to the particular vulnerabilities of potential targets.

Understandably, security measures at each facility will not be uniform in nature, given the scope and scale of building architecture, access to and from roads and other variables. Certainly, we will not broadcast our intentions to the enemy.

But you may expect to see special buffer zones to secure the perimeters of buildings from unauthorized cars and trucks; restrictions to affected underground parking; security personnel using identification badges and digital photos to keep track of people entering and exiting buildings; increased law enforcement presence, and robust screening of vehicles, packages and deliveries.

These and other security measures, both seen and unseen, create added layers of protection to an already vigorous security effort across the country. So let me be clear: While we have raised the threat level for the financial services sector, the rest of the nation remains at an elevated or Code Yellow risk of terrorist attack.

Rest assured, the most talented security professionals are working hard to protect all regions of the country and all sectors of our economy.

Over the course of the last year, and since the horrific day of 9-11, more permanent protections are in place than ever before. You have seen them. They have become part of our daily life: additional airport security, including screenings, air marshals, hardened cockpit doors. You have seen more visible law enforcement officers on trains, subways, and other transportation systems. You have seen increased inspections at our nations ports and border crossings.

This summer, given the volume of symbolic events and large gatherings, we have ramped up protective measures more than ever before. Let me paint a picture: thousands of radiological pagers have been given to law enforcement around the country, and more are on their way.

At work are more HAZMAT technicians, undercover agents, and emergency response teams, and more K-9 units capable of detecting explosives and weapons of mass destruction. Advanced air monitoring technologies that can check for biological pathogens, are operating in key locations.

Along with smart security professionals, these technologies helped bring the Democratic National Convention to a safe conclusion. State-of-the-art equipment like this is now being installed to protect the Republican National Convention in New York later this month. This equipment and added personnel will bolster security measures already being put in place right at Madison Square Garden and throughout the transportation systems in New York.

These added security measures mean that from curb to the cockpit, at our ports of entry and borders in between; in our public places and cyber space; on air, land, and sea. We are safer today than we have ever been.

We bring you this information today, and, again, will continue to update you if new specific information becomes available. Because with information comes action.

There is much we can each do to remain vigilant, to be on watch, to be aware of unusual patterns or vehicles, and to report suspicious activities. And so this afternoon, I ask our citizens for their watchful eyes as we continue to monitor this situation.

I realize that this is sobering news, not just about the intent of our enemies, but of their specific plans and methods.

This kind of information is the result of the Presidents leadership in the war against terror. The reports that have led to this alert are the result of offensive intelligence and military operations overseas, as well as strong partnerships with our allies around the world, such as Pakistan. Such operations and partnerships give us insight into the enemy so we can better target our defensive measures here and away from home

Terrorists should know, in this country, this kind of information, while startling, is not stifling.

It will not weaken the American spirit or dampen our resolve. Our resolve is indivisible and unyielding a weapon infinitely stronger than the plots and plans of those who wish to do us harm.

Al Qaida wants to intimidate us and prevent us from enjoying our lives and exercising our freedoms. And yet, liberty has no greater protector than the collective will of the American people. So, together let us take inspiration from this strength, and use it to our utmost to keep our great nation safe and free.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If you were planning on blowing up LA would you tell everyone? Or would you tell your operations around the world that NY and DC were gonna get hit? Such a specific threat should be more concerning as a diversion. There are more ways to look at this than the way they're pitching it on TV. How many people knew about 9/11 before it happened? Did they "spread the word" about it so to speak? In my little way of thinking I'd say they are ready to hit targets in the western US.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I might tell you anything you wanted to know if my feet were submerged in a vat of acid or my legs were broken with a hammer.

Not saying we'd do such a thing (although it might be sometimes a good idea) but I suppose that some of this info might be from human sources. We know that a few people have been detained over the last few days....

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxie mouse
I might tell you anything you wanted to know if my feet were submerged in a vat of acid or my legs were broken with a hammer.

Not saying we'd do such a thing (although it might be sometimes a good idea) but I suppose that some of this info might be from human sources. We know that a few people have been detained over the last few days....

From the detail that I quote above from the AP article it seems more like highly detailed, written information. Perhaps from documents seized or something like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join