It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It increases my paranoia........ are you being GPS-tracked in your car?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Check your Car for a GPS Tracker

This is an interesting article which discuss a few possible ways to determine if your vehicle is telling someone, somewhere, just where you are going, where you've been, and other tasty details of matters you may have once thought were 'your own business.'

Once legislated into the system, cars will sport these devices "to better the safety and protection of all."

If it is such a benign thing... why don't they just tell us where they are? Do you think government vehicles will have these in them... and will we be able to review where they go, for how long, and how quickly they got there?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

This is an interesting article which discuss a few possible ways to determine if your vehicle is telling someone, somewhere, just where you are going, where you've been, and other tasty details of matters you may have once thought were 'your own business.'

Once legislated into the system, cars will sport these devices "to better the safety and protection of all."

If it is such a benign thing... why don't they just tell us where they are? Do you think government vehicles will have these in them... and will we be able to review where they go, for how long, and how quickly they got there?

doesnt matter your tracked by your cellphone anyway..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by Maxmars

doesnt matter your tracked by your cellphone anyway..

You beat me to the punchline

I love this saying . " Just because you are paranoid , doesn't mean that somebody isn't out to get you "

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I took Swine flu and bird flu vacs. So they rfid me already possibly. Only place to hide is the moon depending on what crater you dive within. Wrong crater
SO like mentioned with cell phone usage and laptop usage there is no more hiding.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I think the idea of GPS's is amazing, maybe we could eventually make cars that run by themselves and just ask for your destination...of course we would need to think on that

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by User8911

Boats and airplanes already do that. A modern yacht with the GPS tied to the radar and a chart plotter can be programmed to execute trips of almost any length and avoid obstacles along the way. Pilots are nearly superfluous on modern jetliners. Public opinion is the only real thing keeping pilots in the cockpit. People aren't quite ready to trust their lives to a robot just yet. Of course electronics fail and the captain or pilot is ultimately responsibe for their respective craft so the human backup still has a function. As far as cars driving themselves, GPS is not quite accurate enough for that even with the military signal available. You have to remember GPS was originally designed to navigate ships on the open ocean. When I learned celestial navigation in Navy ROTC a fix within a mile actual position was considered pretty good. Compared to that accuracy within a few hundred yards was phenomenal. In practice for me civlian marine GPS has consistently put me within about 20 yards of a known position most of the time.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2
In practice for me civlian marine GPS has consistently put me within about 20 yards of a known position most of the time.

Pretty awesome advancements! I agree we are a couple years from having pin point accuracy enough to be used to automatize multiple cars.

new topics

top topics

join