It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinatown Cops Take Out An Elderly Man, For Music He Has Been Playing FOR YEARS!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
if you take away peoples freedom
they will fight back.
they should have just given him a worrning.
like the old days.
then a fine.
Not drag them off to Jail

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Alright you punk A$$ sorry cops..I just mean the sorry A$$ WWF wanna-be's....the inhuman bastard type... I am making a list and I am checking it twice...Keep your $hit up......that's all I have to say.....

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I keep wondering how long it will be before the crowds watching these types of over the top Police behaviours step-up and take the cops down?

It has to happen soon. Maybe when people have finally had enough so that their own Fear of being arrested is not enough to prevent them doing the "right thing"..even if it is against the law.

edit on 10-5-2011 by Tayesin because: dyslexia

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The Day the music died....
Ladies and Gentleman may I present your all American Gestapo.
Apparently refusing to stop playing your music will get you a beat down in the Land that was free.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Man moves from Tienamin Square Massacre country to peacefully play music.
And gets this.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
guys calm down, the real question is not why the cops attacked this old man for playing music. the real question is how the hell did that fatass cop with the pepper spray pass the physical exam? what a waste of my tax dollars

PROTECT AND SERVE!
edit on 10-5-2011 by SophyC76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by SophyC76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
wow - so many " experts " commeting on a video that provides zero context

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Where are the NYC cops on ATS to refute these claims of brutality?

I'll tell you. Those cowards are hiding because thug mentality doesn't have the brains to come and have an intelligent discussion about something as simple as wrong and right. All they can do with their itty bitty pea sized brains is follow simple orders. They cannot think for themselves.

Thag, shoot this gun.Thag, beat up this citizen. Congrats Thag, your a cop now. here, go ask your mommy to help you put on this uniform.

If I'm wrong, I challenge any NYC cop to come on here and prove it to me. No one will show. That's not a promise, it's a fact.. watch and see.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This is sick. I wonder if the person who called it in is even real. 6 cops show up to take down 1 guy? What happened to one cop and his partner doing a routine check up? If 6 cops can be close enough to conveniently show up for that, at least one of them has to be competent enough to know that is where this chinese guy routinely plays his music and it isn't a big deal.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I found a video of a young man in NY sharing his thoughts about the police. I have to agree with his sentiments.
www.youtube.com...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found this comment below an NBC article of the incident in Columbus Park

K***** Chan
this goes on every weekend, there are 4 groups with amplified sound competing for sound superiority in an area 100yds x 100 yds. I have complained about noise for yrs. tourists and passerbys think it's cute but their views would change dramatically if they lived across from this park. no one is against them for singing or having fun. just don't use amplification devices. kudos to these brave officers!
4 · Like · Reply · Subscribe · Yesterday at 4:02pm

www.nbcnewyork.com...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K. Chan apparently justifies the brutality because amplifiers were involved. Whatever...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Why stop there. The police should stop the music being played in the New York subway system as well as on the streets of Time Square and other places in the Big Apple. I wonder what the mayor will say about this. This is getting out of hand with all these police actions which have no merit.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
In defence of those few good cops that are out there. Many of them do report incidents of police brutality, misconduct etc but generally when these allegations are passed up the ranks to be resolved they are the covered up so as to not see the light of day, allowing the bad apples of the police for to continue making their bosses (the corporations) look good.

I remember watching a local police officer use excessive force when I was a bouncer. By excessive I mean slamming a rather drunk patron into the ground, placing a knee in the back of the neck and holding her right arm in such a way that the girl was screaming in pain. Why? Because as she was making her way into a Taxi that i'd flagged down for her to go home in she tripped and stumbled into the officer, who then yelled something about assaulting an officer and proceeded to brutially attack her. I ended up jumping onto the copper, dragging him off her, and holding him down as if he was an abusive punter from the club. I ended up getting jumped by the other 2, dragged off to the station, charge with assaulting police, resisting arrest. Faced the courts and had the case thrown out after showing CCTV footage of the coppers origional attack that prompted me to assist and defend an innocent customer. The courts stated, that because the incident happen on club private property, if I had not intervened I and the club would have been liable to breach of duty of care. The office was charged with assault, found guilty by a jury, the 2 officers who jumped onto me and pounded my head into the pavement were found guilty of use of excessive force, breach of duty of care to the girl (they should have stopped the other officer) and wrongful arrest. They got demoted and suspended from duty, the other officer is still doing time, 6 years. I got commended for standing up for the girl and got nothing other than a broken nose.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BalderAsir

Yeah, and what would have happened if there wasn't a camera rolling???

Not a damned thing!

Which is why they want to outlaw it now!!!

Cops are scum!!
Yes, ALL cops!!!

If you are a cop I would suggest you get right with your maker.
People are going to start pushing back and there are more of us than there are of you, I promise you that!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
You know all this talk about "poeple will fight back" or "poeple will rise up" ... please get real. This is America. Let me say it again ... this is America. My country.

Anywho, regardless what is happening in this video, such display of authority won't win support for the police. Only fear.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
If all the people at that park were chanting to let him go, how can 6 cops stop a crowd of over 100 people?
edit on 10-5-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

guns and apparently mace. cops are trained to be this way they are just going through procedure just like the tsa fondling genitalia
its not only legal
its a job

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BalderAsir
In defence of those few good cops that are out there. Many of them do report incidents of police brutality, misconduct etc but generally when these allegations are passed up the ranks to be resolved they are the covered up so as to not see the light of day, allowing the bad apples of the police for to continue making their bosses (the corporations) look good.

I remember watching a local police officer use excessive force when I was a bouncer. By excessive I mean slamming a rather drunk patron into the ground, placing a knee in the back of the neck and holding her right arm in such a way that the girl was screaming in pain. Why? Because as she was making her way into a Taxi that i'd flagged down for her to go home in she tripped and stumbled into the officer, who then yelled something about assaulting an officer and proceeded to brutially attack her. I ended up jumping onto the copper, dragging him off her, and holding him down as if he was an abusive punter from the club. I ended up getting jumped by the other 2, dragged off to the station, charge with assaulting police, resisting arrest. Faced the courts and had the case thrown out after showing CCTV footage of the coppers origional attack that prompted me to assist and defend an innocent customer. The courts stated, that because the incident happen on club private property, if I had not intervened I and the club would have been liable to breach of duty of care. The office was charged with assault, found guilty by a jury, the 2 officers who jumped onto me and pounded my head into the pavement were found guilty of use of excessive force, breach of duty of care to the girl (they should have stopped the other officer) and wrongful arrest. They got demoted and suspended from duty, the other officer is still doing time, 6 years. I got commended for standing up for the girl and got nothing other than a broken nose.

Bravo!

Your tale summarizes the problem poignantly.

The police are constantly over reacting, what happened to police diplomacy first? Now its the stick.

They may have had every reason to stop the man from playing, but can't imagine any set of circumstances that would end with that man's face bloodied on the pavement.

Those are thugs, the same type that roamed the streets of pre war Germany in Brown Shirts.

I suspect the man had a normal human reaction, the kind that any normal person would when unexpectedly a group of armed men come and bully you. He must have shown some sort of negative emotion, and now it seems that is all that is necessary to be considered resisting.

This makes me very sad.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
when the masses awake
cities will burn

a badge and a gun
a stick and some cuffs

they seem to forget
they live among us

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I just sent the NYPD a very VERY scathing complaint about this..

They have been in the news lately quite a bit for unprofessional and unethical police behavior, just like their communist spporting LEO friends over in Chicago..

Maybe they are trying to instigate nationwide mayhem who knows... Even if they aren't, if they keep this kind of thing going, they could really rile new yorkers to the point of thousand person strong gangs going precinct to precinct with intent of serious retaliation...if you don't think it will happen, wait til some elderly black lady gets tasered and dies by an NYPD and see the "S" really hit the fan... nationwide even.

People will really start packing loaded weaps if they think they are going need to protect themselves from these communist nazi style police officers..

This is not good at all...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
how do you know this guy wasn't wanted by the police?

or if he gave them lots of grief when they tried to talk to him?

maybe he was warned before, many times.

sounded like he was fighting back, not a good thing to do.

if it was only sound violation his/cops actions do not make sense.

a taoist ceremony/dragon dance/chinese opera, makes an ungodly amount of noise, without amplification!

edit on 11-5-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join